• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

AkIRA_22

iMg81CkFRvJmi.png

Personally one of the most underrated games this gen. It led to much better environment movement in ALL games. You couldn't release a FPS with average interaction after this. And it had a great protagonist, interesting story and looked fantastic, DICE are craftsmen, that's for sure.

scitek

Personally one of the most underrated games this gen. It led to much better environment movement in ALL games. You couldn't release a FPS with average interaction after this. And it had a great protagonist, interesting story and looked fantastic, DICE are craftsmen, that's for sure.

If anything, I think DICE's inability to put together a decent story worked to the game's detriment. The gameplay is great, but the cutscenes are terribad.

Ploid 3.0

I did search their forums first before asking, but could you direct me to these tools? The search of the forums for calibration returned calibrate monitor gave me results in the tens of thousands.

Seconded, is it the display calibration forum, having to find the monitor or HDTV you have then enter the thread?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If anything, I think DICE's inability to put together a decent story worked to the game's detriment. The gameplay is great, but the cutscenes are terribad.
I think the game would have been even better had it not try to tell a story at all. Just give me the levels, with a minimal or no excuse for the change of locations. Nevertheless it's an excellent game, and one I'll be replaying several years down the line.

c0Zm1c

I liked the backdrop to Mirror's Edge's storyline. Without it, being shot to shit at while free running wouldn't make much sense. So I'd like that backdrop to remain in the sequel but for it to be one big sandbox to free run around in, with challenges and missions to find around the city that are in whatever way coherent with the setting. Online multiplayer checkpoint races across a rooftop open world cityscape would be interesting. Maybe mix it up with other challenges too, so it's like an on-foot Need For Speed Most Wanted.

scitek

I did search their forums first before asking, but could you direct me to these tools? The search of the forums for calibration returned calibrate monitor gave me results in the tens of thousands.

Seconded, is it the display calibration forum, having to find the monitor or HDTV you have then enter the thread?

Try these if all you need is to set brightness and contrast.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7xgc35themsic59,ajetz16ao1mepow,7778tj9hj1qnwdz

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Here are my first two contributions to the thread. Both from Rage. It's vanilla, with all settings turned up to their max settings.

8310737863_82665c6dd0_o.jpg

8311775804_b36c898fc9_o.jpg

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Here are my first two contributions to the thread. Both from Rage. It's vanilla, with all settings turned up to their max settings.

8311775804_b36c898fc9_o.jpg

Hey man, welcome to the thread :)

A friendly reminder, taking pictures as .png ( or bmp then convert to png ) is much better for showing a game than using a jpg with artifacts or using a host that alters the quality of the file you upload.

Just a comparison using similar settings, but instead a .png uploaded to Abload.

rage2012-12-2221-04-4yrikg.png

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Hey man, welcome to the thread :)

A friendly reminder, taking pictures as .png ( or bmp then convert to png ) is much better for showing a game than using a jpg with artifacts or using a host that alters the quality of the file you upload.

Just a comparison using similar settings, but instead a .png uploaded to Abload.

rage2012-12-2221-04-4yrikg.png

Thanks! I'll definitely try that. I just used FRAPS for the screenshot, which I think took it as a .bmp, then I uploaded it to my Flicker account.

Computron

OK, i'mma cheat a little bit, since my PSP emulator does not render Killzone Liberation without horrible glitches and does not have good framerate, resolution or IQ.

So, I extracted the scene to 3dsmax and quickly rendered it out in Mental Ray with some GI and better AA.

Sadly, I get alot of garbage mesh and bad materials with the extraction that needs to be cleaned up so it is rather glitchy in a lot of areas.
There are over ~170 materials/drawcalls and I don't wanna go adjust each for proper alpha testing/transperency, vertex blending, specularity and whatnot, but I guess some of you might find this interesting nonetheless.

iSBouVYzvqlnu.jpg

NRwrS.jpg

(^in max)

Its a shame, I really wanted to play this game again.

Sethos

Banned
Can someone explain the difference between minus and abload?

Minus turned into a pile of wank while Abload remains superior.

Abload also has galleries and all that jazz, easier upload and even an app ( Albeit in German ). You also get a bandwidth counter.

I wrote them and it seems they might be gearing up for an English premium service.

Nibel

Minus turned into a pile of wank while Abload remains superior.

Abload also has galleries and all that jazz, easier upload and even an app ( Albeit in German ). You also get a bandwidth counter.

I wrote them and it seems they might be gearing up for an English premium service.

Man, Minus was so good at the beginning; maybe it's just nostalgia, but it performed way better when it came out

Abload > all

OK, i'mma cheat a little bit, since my PSP emulator does not render Killzone Liberation without horrible glitches and does not have good framerate, resolution or IQ.

So, I extracted the scene to 3dsmax and quickly rendered it out in Mental Ray with some GI and better AA.

Sadly, I get alot of garbage mesh and bad materials with the extraction that needs to be cleaned up so it is rather glitchy in a lot of areas.
There are over ~170 materials/drawcalls and I don't wanna go adjust each for proper alpha testing, transperency, specularity and whatnot, but I guess some of you might find this interesting nonetheless.

iSBouVYzvqlnu.jpg

NRwrS.jpg

(^in max)

Its a shame, I really wanted to play this game again.

I've LOVE to get a HD version of this on PS3

Sethos

Banned
Man, Minus was so good at the beginning; maybe it's just nostalgia, but it performed way better when it came out

Abload > all

Yep, they started out so well and it went downhill faaast.

I never had any problems with minus. What turned into crap?

They have outages a bit too often for my liking and they last for hours. I hate their new layout style, switching it never sticks. They seem to have introduced a bandwidth limit, as I've seen the thumbnail pop up or the images just disappear. It's really slow, minus pictures load much slower than other services I've noticed and generally Minus just started sucking ass. Sometimes my images will even get half-stuck uploading, just sits there for too long and having to refresh which sometimes results in a lost image.

I now swear by Abload. The amount of times where Minus has been down and Abload saved my ass are countless.

But if it works for you, no need to change.

Computron

Here's some more Viewport shots just for kicks:

WlsNd.jpg

I love the muzzle flash geo^

Scv8J.jpg

ib17w47kuV6aPF.png

I love this game since every environment is like a little diorama your are fighting through and chucking grenades around.

Wanny

i have this feeling some of you guys don't adjust any of the settings on your displays. so much cranked contrast in these shots.

To each their own... I personally like a bit of contrast. I'm trying hard to keep details in darker colors but I also like them to look not washed out and I also like to increase the brightness of bright colors. Still, a matter of opinions.

Shaneus

Shit, I think I have to buy this for PSP (or Vita, if it's compatible via emulation). Looks rad as shit.

Top Bottom