• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year!)!

Welp, returned the iPhone 5 and got this:

2013-01-0417-55-39282_zps488cf449.jpg

Well, looks like the digital distribution sales are winding up, so here's my haul for this year. On the Steam side of the fence:
Darksiders Franchise Pack is from Amazon ($4 or something equally as daft thanks to a coupon), Cargo Commander is from Gamersgate (misprice + blue coins = free game), Sleeping Dogs and Spec Ops are from Green Man Gaming (total: about £7). Thanks to Ledsen for AVSEQ and to Kammie for Puzzle Agent. From Steam, I bought Awesomenauts, Gal Civ 2, Half Minute Hero, Dawn of War Franchise Pack, McPixel, Race: Ignition, KotOR 2, Tomb Raider Anniversary, Natural Selection 2, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Super Hexagon and Thomas Was Alone. Total spent on Steam: £40.50 (the vast majority of which was paid by Steam credit through trade-ins).

Meanwhile, on the GOG side of the fence:
Bullfrog Favourites (minus Theme Hospital, which I bought full price when it was released), Sid Meier's Alpha Centuri (now with Alien Crossfire v.2.0!), Master of Magic (because it's a classic) and XIII (sadly no longer available to buy because licences, apparently). Total spent: approximately $30, so roughly £20.

36 games for approximately £70, or approximately £2 per game. That should get me started for 2013, at least.

hswbaz

Neo Member

Some books thanks to one amazing fellow Gaffer! Let me know if anyone wants to see more of any of those.

Some new figures, I got a duplicate Jude...no idea what to do with him. Also, no idea who that is on the right, he was my bonus.

Now for some video game stuff. I got P4A to play after I finally finish P4G this time around, the rest were gifts.

And finally, some of the X-mas gifts from my girlfriend. Not pictured is my new Mincraft Foam Sword, Spider-man Snuggie, and some practical gifts.

Edit: Forgot this.

Netto-kun

From late October till end of 2012.

- KoFXIII and SFxT for cheap
- Only bought Mark of the Ninja and Sine Mora from the Steam Holiday Sale. Metro 2033 was a free code, rest were gifts
- Got four free PS Mini games (Wizorb, Canabalt, BreakQuest and Velocity)
- Also picked up Final Fantasy Dimensions, Sorcerian iOS (free game!), Crimson Shroud, Metroid II (3DS VC), DKC2/3 (Wii VC), Guilty Gear XXACR (PSN) and Under Defeat HD (PSN)

Some new figures, I got a duplicate Jude...no idea what to do with him. Also, no idea who that is on the right, he was my bonus.
That's Leon Magnus from Tales of Destiny. :)

XEaiJ.jpg

Finally picked up a region-free blu-ray player since Criterion has been so slow to upgrade Ozu's films. I got a lot more coming in the mail.

Sora_N

I went out to meet some guy on Craigslist for my textbook...right before I met up with someone else to pick up Yakuza 3 and Neptunia, I wanted Neptunia for so long. It's in great condition, fair price too.

Lucent

lJ2v8.jpg

V908S.jpg

tAl79.jpg

Excited about the Gordon Ramsay cookware! Awesome Christmas gift!

D= Where and how much? If you've tried it out, how's the quality? I love watching his shows and would hope anything that he allowed to be associated with him would not be a piece of crap.

External storage for my MBA. I can finally start using it for music/photos. :)

I got a 750gb version of this at Target on clearance for $62. I decided to give it a go and help me organize my stuff. Working well so far. I've never had Seagate and have always used Western Digital.

jonno394

A few more blu-rays, including my first Criterion (it begins!!), and also Mass Effect 3 CE as i'm nearly finished ME2.

2013-01-05112630.jpg

Hello gaf! I made a video highlighting a handful of my favorite 2012 pick-ups. Have a gander:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrKsVLUB0Ok

There were many other worthy choices that could have easily made my list; but when I was picking 5 pieces to highlight, the items in the video are the ones that came to mind right away. Anyway, I hope you all like the video. Have a great year everyone!

Friggz

photo5_zpsd04fe9b9.jpg

found at goodwill for 20 bucks, box has typical wear for being 10 years old. but the original controller, packaging, pamphlets and remote control are still inside and pretty pristine.

Evening 'Gaf. Here a few of my 2013 pick-ups so far! Technically I received Layton and Paper Mario alongside my 3DS XL as a present from my kindly mother at Christmas. I included them in the picture anyway; they're both much better than I expected them to be! Theatrhythm is fun too; I bought it in the sale for £17.99.

Yes Boss!

Just wanted to mention here that poster Marwan (the ferrari-owning dude from UAE, previous poster here, banned twice) passed away on 23 December. I know he was known as a bit of a meterialistic dude but he was, across-the board, a very genorous dude who wore is heart on is sleave. A bit tragic since he was so young. He really loved gaming. RIP.

Friggz

Just wanted to mention here that poster Marwan (the ferrari-owning dude from UAE, previous poster here, banned twice) passed away on 23 December. I know he was known as a bit of a meterialistic dude but he was, across-the board, a very genorous dude who wore is heart on is sleave. A bit tragic since he was so young. He really loved gaming. RIP.

thats unfortunate, how did it happen to such a young guy?

teraMEL0S

Sorry to hear this. RIP.

Rikkun

Wow, RIP.

Dagon

Whenever I see someone post a major buy in these threads I always think of Marwan.

Do you know what happened?

Amagon

RIP Marwan

kiryogi

Banned

What the hell. Guy seemed genuine outside of his piracy issues. Christ so many GAFFers recently.

RIP

Will drink a cold on tonight in honor of Marwan.

Oh, wow. I remember him.

Etzer

I was at Toys R Us today buying gifts (yay, Three Kings Day), and I found these Scribblenauts figures. I was really surprised at the amount of videogame-based toys. There was an entire aisle full of Mario, Halo, Sonic (modern and classic!), etc. They even had Little Big Planet figures!

RIP. :(

jbueno

I remember his extravagant pickups, he was a cool dude really. My condolences for their family and friends, and for those members that knew him here.

Chairhome

I was at Toys R Us today buying gifts (yay, Three Kings Day), and I found these Scribblenauts figures. I was really surprised at the amount of videogame-based toys. There was an entire aisle full of Mario, Halo, Sonic (modern and classic!), etc. They even had Little Big Planet figures!

Nice! I might pick that up for my daughter, she loves Scribblenauts.

Top Bottom