• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows cost 240 MS Points (HD) / 160 MS Points (SD) on XBL Marketplace

mildewproduction

TV Shows
SD Version 240 pts
HD Version 240 pts

At least according to a secret (Video now up at xbox.com) video I'm watching right now, and don't ask me for the video I'm not allowed to share it.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/moviestv.htm

Movie Rental
320pts for SD
480 pts for HD.

You get to keep it for 14 days, until you WATCH IT. Then you have it for 24 hours.

Batman Forever
SD movie 1.3GB
HD movie 5.4 GB

Official Press Release

REDMOND, Wash. — Nov. 6, 2006 — Microsoft Corp. today announced agreements with CBS, MTV Networks, Paramount Pictures, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. (TBS, Inc.), Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment to bring an initial lineup of over 1,000 hours of hit TV shows and movies to Xbox 360™ gamers in the U.S. by the end of the year.

Beginning Nov. 22, on its first anniversary, Xbox 360 will be the first gaming console in history to provide standard- and high-definition TV shows and movies direct to gamers in their living rooms. Xbox 360 gamers will have access to the full-length TV shows as download to own and movies as download to rent via Xbox Live®, the worldwide leader in online distribution of high-definition gaming and entertainment content. This announcement brings with it several additional “firsts”:

* For the first time, consumers will get an integrated gaming and entertainment experience on a gaming console that includes downloadable high-definition TV shows and movies. This new full-length content adds to the ever expanding number of choices gamers have on their Xbox 360, whether they want to play games or play a movie on a disc or as a download in high definition or standard definition.
* For the first time, CBS will deliver high-definition download-to-own TV shows including “CSI,” “Jericho,” “Numb3rs” and re-mastered “Star Trek” episodes – buy them and watch them again and again
* For the first time on any platform, NASCAR.COM will deliver download-to-own condensed versions of select NEXTEL Cup races from “Race Rewind".
* For the first time, the Ultimate Fighting Championship will make 50 of its most intense fights available for download as well as select episodes from the original season of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality series.

"This groundbreaking announcement is a win for everyone,” said Peter Moore, corporate vice president of the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft. “It connects our partners with one of the most coveted audiences in entertainment today, and provides an even greater value to our Xbox Live community, allowing them to enjoy the games and entertainment they want, when they want it.”

The initial line-up of TV shows available for download to own and feature films available for download to rent will include a growing catalogue of popular hits. Examples of content that will be available on the network by the end of year include:

* "Robot Chicken” and “Aqua Teen Hunger Force” from Adult Swim
* “CSI,” “Survivor” and “Star Trek” from CBS
* Emmy and Peabody Award-Winning “South Park” and “Chappelle’s Show” from COMEDY CENTRAL
* “The Real World” and “Pimp My Ride” from MTV
* ”Avatar: The Last Airbender” and ”SpongeBob SquarePants” from Nickelodeon
* “Skyland” and “The Nicktoons Network Animation Festival” from Nicktoons Network
* “Nacho Libre” and “Jackass: The Movie” from Paramount Pictures
* “Carpocalypse” and “Raising the Roofs” from Spike TV
* “Race Rewind” provided by NASCAR.COM
* Select episodes of the original season of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality series and the “UFC: All Access” shows from the UFC
* “Breaking Bonaduce” and “Hogan Knows Best” from VH1
* “The Matrix,” “Superman Returns” and “Batman Forever” from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment

Xbox 360 gamers can access Xbox Live Marketplace with a free Xbox Live Silver subscription and a broadband connection. For more information about the content available on Xbox Live Marketplace visit www.xbox.com/marketplaceentertainment

clashfan

mildewproduction said:
Same price for standard or High Def versions. At least according to a secret video I'm watching right now, and don't ask me for the video I'm not allowed to share it.

Does the TV show expire? I hope there is no ads.

hyp

considering itunes sells mpeg-4 streams of shows at $1.99 or more, $3.00 isn't much to pay for HD resolution tv shows.

Dante

Not a bad price, but I'd imagine If they are a descent size they'll fill that 20gig hardrive pretty fast.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
I wonder how long it's going to take to download an hour of CSI....(40-45 mins minus commericals)....That's going to be one long 720p download...

bill0527

That's a good price for a full-screen hi-definition TV show.

I wonder if they would let me download it to my PC and stream it to my 360.

consoul

If MS catch you streaming the same TV shows from your PC, they'll deduct 240 pts from your account.

mildewproduction

Ok looks like there are different prices for different shows. The 240 pts comes from an episode of CSI: NY Season 2 Episode 1. The price is the same for standard def 480p and 720p.

There are other screens that show price of 320 pts, but I can't see what show it is, cause the video zooms in. It might be a movie for all I know.

WAIT.

AH HA

320 points is for RENTING A MOVIE

border

No doubt DRM'ed to hell, not transferable to PC....and probably gone forever if your hard drive dies. I'll pass.

Zaptruder

Banned
Sounds alright to me.

Hopefully we'll see something from Sony matching this for the PSN. If not, then at least I've still got this! :p

TwIsTeD

its called a DVR......and if you don`t have one then obviously you have a broadband connection to the net so figure it out yourself and save your M$ points

mildewproduction

arne said:
Aren't you the same guy that had you friend tell you Dig Dug was coming out and got it wrong?

Yep that's me. But Dig Dug did come just not the day he thought.

I'm also the guy that leaked the X06 info an hour before the conference, as well as the guy who just posted the Missile Command screens.

So take it as you will.

clashfan

mildewproduction said:

I'm also the guy that leaked the X06 info an hour before the conference, as well as the guy who just posted the Missile Command screens.

So take it as you will.

I believe you man. Another news site that starts with a K* also reported there would be movies available for download rental on XBL.

GhaleonEB

mildewproduction said:

So take it as you will.
i do hope you get fired soon.

mildewproduction

Ok one part of the video has some of the tv shows available.

CSI: NY
UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship)
Star Trek: The Original Series
The Venture Bros
Babylon 5

Oh crap looks like HD movies cost 480 pts, standard def movies cost 320 pts
SD movie 1.3GB
HD movie 5.4 GB

I'm sure size varies by movie.

rage1973

pr0cs said:
Hmm, I would be tempted to rent full length movies for that price.
No friggin way with only a 20 gig HD. You would fill up your HD by downloading one HD movie. I doubt this is true unless they come out with that rumored 100 Gig HD>

Top Bottom