• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Monster Hunter 4 trailer

Nohar

Great trailer indeed. I can't wait for this game to be released in EU.

Also, could Nintendo Europe release the demo for MH3U on 3DS already ? Please ? It's supposed to be today, but it isn't out yet :(

Yeah an actual game rather than a lot of promises and helicopter flights through eyecandy town.

Weak troll is weak.

Really can't wait to see more of this game. It looks like a real progression from 3 and the new monsters and elements all get me excited. Hopefully we'll get it by 2014.

I would love a monster / hunt / loot based game on next gen.

Basically, I would love a MH5 for next gen :(

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Ground textures aside, it looks great. They did a wonderful job showcasing the 3DS' capabilities.

DaBoss

Great trailer, can't wait. New weapon looks hot, thought it was a big SnS at first, can't wait to use it ingame!

Looking at the animation, it does seem to share some qualities with the Hammer, I think.

monhanjefwl.gif

Also reminds me of a Great Sword.

Fabrik

Banned
Yeah an actual game rather than a lot of promises and helicopter flights through eyecandy town.

Weak troll is weak.

Really can't wait to see more of this game. It looks like a real progression from 3 and the new monsters and elements all get me excited. Hopefully we'll get it by 2014.

The age of awesomeness

An age where games had gameplay.

The age of gameplay first! :D

Come on guys, stop being so defensive. That's just my impressions. I know it's a handheld game. But when you have seen the future, the present LOOKS a bit archaic that's all.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Come on guys, stop being so defensive. That's just my impressions. I know it's a handheld game. But when you have seen the future, the present LOOKS a bit archaic that's all.
The future looks like the present to much of GAF since they're used to PCs so they're more accustomed to the visual gap.

If you wanna talk about how PS4 rocked your socks off there are threads for that. People here mostly wanna talk about MH4.

Margalis

Banned

I'm not being defensive at all.

You're right, it does look like a game from a different age. An age where the gameplay of a title was the most relevant component.

The part where the giant snake coiled around the guy was cool. It didn't have the best graphics but the concept itself was fundamentally awesome and also - hey - it's an actual game! And not a "hold forward to win" game either.

Meanwhile I'm watching a next-gen game that looks great visually - and is an on-rails section where your helicopter flies through some sort of fucking sky corridor. Watching the gif is probably more fun than playing the game.

Fistwell

was this not said on giantbomb that Deep Down was in the Dragon Dogma universe or something?

I see no chance of MonHun 4U cash being skipped
Oh I don't know what I'm talking about admitedly. But when I saw it last night, the thought popped in my head that this could be new gen monhun, or at least that I could get behind new monhun looking like that.

I'm not being defensive at all.

You're right, it does look like a game from a different age. An age where the gameplay of a title was the most relevant component.

The part where the giant snake coiled around the guy was cool. It didn't have the best graphics but the concept itself was fundamentally awesome and also - hey - it's an actual game! And not a "hold forward to win" game either.

Meanwhile I'm watching a next-gen game that looks great visually - and is an on-rails section where your helicopter flies through some sort of fucking sky corridor. Watching the gif is probably more fun than playing the game.
Sorry, you might not be, but you come across as defensive. Hold forward to win? That's factually untrue for any killzone game I can think of.

Nisa65

Oh God my arch nemesis from 2nd G Khezu is back. The amount of times I got messed up by him when I was a Monster Hunter beginner was unreal. Should be satisfying to kick his ass now I have greatly improved my skills.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
DAT environment textures...meh.
Everything else looks simply great. can't wait for it hitting the West. I'll play TriG in the meantime...

Fabrik

Banned

I was only talking about the visuals. I agree with your sentiment.

demidar

Do yourself a favor and download/watch the video in 720p.

inN8XiZP6UChX.gif

(more coming)

This game made me hotter than anything shown in the PS4 announcement, so there :p
I'm actually completely serious.

If it does get brought over I'm gonna be day one-ing this shit. Looks like a good time to get into Monster Hunter.

Mael

Sorry, you might not be, but you come across as defensive. Hold forward to win? That's factually untrue for any killzone game I can think of.

Compared to MonHun, it might as well be.
Seriously it's casual BS all over that game.
They're horrible games.
Even by corridor shooter standard.

Margalis

Banned

That Killzone clip is apparently on-rails and presumably you don't even have to hold forward. Good catch.

Fabrik said:
I was only talking about the visuals. I agree with your sentiment.

Unless visuals are astoundingly good or bad they go to the back of my mind after a few minutes of play. On a plane ride during Christmas I played through most of Dawn of Sorrow for DS.

In theory better graphics are better, sure. Unfortunately better graphics usually imply bigger budgets which usually implies lowest-common-denominator game design. (Or free to play shenanigans) I vastly prefer B-tier looking games with A-tier gameplay.

Doczu

Just went through the whole imgur album. My god, that's beautiful.
Fuck
the haters,
fuck
the ground textures! I want it now!

Long time mh fan here. Graphics look the same (or worse) as the first game back on ps2. And most of those monsters are old. Its a hardcore 3rd party game. I dont understand how Capcom is always forgiven for this utter lazyness. MH team needs to grow up and take their job seriously or else watch their popular franchise lose all credibility and interest. If Tri was your first MH you may not understand.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, new Elder Dragon.

iJeYICMuc7FCX.gif

I'm ready for MH3U demo, out in a few hours! Please keep posting so we can move to a new page. This one is full of GIFs, lol.

Long time mh fan here. Graphics look the same (or worse) as the first game back on ps2. And most of those monsters are old. Its a hardcore 3rd party game. I dont understand how Capcom is always forgiven for this utter lazyness. MH team needs to grow up and take their job seriously or else watch their popular franchise lose all credibility and interest. If Tri was your first MH you may not understand.
Long time MH fan and longtime Nintendo hater. Keep it cute, I know your history on Capcom Unity and GameFAQs.

Buy a 3DS and get your life.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, new Elder Dragon.

iJeYICMuc7FCX.gif

I'm ready for MH3U demo, out in a few hours! Please keep posting so we can move to a new page. This one is full of GIFs, lol.

Long time MH fan and longtime Nintendo hater. Keep it cute, I know your history on Capcom Unity and GameFAQs.

Buy a 3DS and get your life.

I think you are confusing me with someone else. I love Nintendo and have owned almost a dozen of their platforms through my life. Nothing I said about mh4 is false.

You need to go back and play the PS2 game again.

Oh my god, just watched this on the 3DS eshop. It looked amazing. Ah-mah-zang.

May have a second shot at Monster Hunter for this game.

Top Bottom