• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official US/JP PLAYSTATION 3 Launch Thread

Blablurn

0153382_screen.jpg

Do you see the man in the background who is playing PSP? They do really exist O__O.

;)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Is Play-Asia not going to stock American games? I've got Paypal money I'd like to use to buy Untold Legends...

neojubei said:
true. Hopefully some importer gives us a good answer. I might want to import some games in the future and having one system that plays both would be great.

Huh? I thought it was confirmed 20 times over that the PS3 is region free?

Laguna X said:
Somehow I don't believe those units have been used.

It's probably more like "sold as used, but never actually used as they were stolen or sold back to a store for profit."

Well, I lose. Full auto 2 IS off launch. Was never any announcement either : ( Down to one game now :( I didn't really want another racing game besides kmotorstorm, but maybe ill move my money over to RR7 I really dont want to have only one game to play with : (

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
BobTheFork said:
Well, I lose. Full auto 2 IS off launch. Was never any announcement either : ( Down to one game now :( I didn't really want another racing game besides kmotorstorm, but maybe ill move my money over to RR7 I really dont want to have only one game to play with : (

You could just WAIT. If nothing is appealing to you, why are you buying a system now?

Lyte Edge said:
You could just WAIT. If nothing is appealing to you, why are you buying a system now?
:p I'm still really excited about the system, and resistence will be great. But as I said, I really wanted a second game to try out. I preordered it a month ago, lot more launch titles then too heh

Danj

BTW, has anybody tried plugging the memory card adapter into a PC yet? If so, what happens, will it need homebrew drivers or does it show up as a USB mass storage device?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Danj said:
BTW, has anybody tried plugging the memory card adapter into a PC yet? If so, what happens, will it need homebrew drivers or does it show up as a USB mass storage device?
Thats an interesting question I would love to know as well. :)

marwan

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
Its not a new HDTV standard :p

Its a resolution supported by newer CRT Monitors and some LCD Monitors.

interesting thanks.

what would the native resolution be for a 1440p lcd monitor? 1920x1440? actually that doesnt sound right since the aspect ration would be wider than 16:9.

marwan

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
2560x1440

sweet, thaks.

so what goos is that kind of resolution when our xbox360,ps3,bd, hddvd don't out put 1440p? i would assume that 720p/1080i/1080p won't look as good on a 2560x1440 panel.

marwan

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
2560x1440

sweet, thaks.

so what goos is that kind of resolution when our xbox360,ps3,bd, hddvd don't out put 1440p? i would assume that 720p/1080i/1080p won't look as good on a 2560x1440 panel.

Diablos

I'm glad I'm waiting. I wouldn't want to put down $500 or $600 for a console that came from the very first batch made. :O I'm shocked my PS2 has lasted as long as it has... only now is the lens finally starting to die. I got lucky. :)

I'm pissed that I didn't act on seriously preordering a PS3 ahead of time, and selling for profit, though. Could've paid off a loooooooot of debt. :mad:

mrklaw

MrArseFace
PS3 GIT!

As in I didn't get one. My inlaws went to Yodabashi Chiba and there were 60 people there but only 6 units. Lottery tickets given out but they lost.

Hopefully they'll keep an eye out, but I'm up for any charitable J-Gaffer actions too ;)

mrklaw said:
PS3 GIT!

As in I didn't get one. My inlaws went to Yodabashi Chiba and there were 60 people there but only 6 units. Lottery tickets given out but they lost.

Hopefully they'll keep an eye out, but I'm up for any charitable J-Gaffer actions too ;)

Yodobashi in Kinshichou had a BUNCH around lunchtime today. New units coming in every day rumour says.

kojacker

mrklaw said:
PS3 GIT!

You should have married a chinese. Chinese inlaws for the launch win

If i was you I'd start divorce proceedings now to get ready for the PS4 launch.

Missed the launch yesterday, stopped by Yodobashi last night just in case and found three people had canceled their reservations...unfortunately, all were 20GB models.

Torn, I took the plunge and grabbed one.

Today, they got in a massive shipment of 60GB units that were just piled up behind the counter. Faced with trying to get my 20GB box through the wind and rain to Yodobashi for an exchange, I wimped out and am trying to convince myself I'll be happy with the 20GB model.

Good to see the supply might be somewhat consistent through the month though, with the Wii on the way Sony needs all the help it can get.

Danj

Mistwalker said:
Missed the launch yesterday, stopped by Yodobashi last night just in case and found three people had canceled their reservations...unfortunately, all were 20GB models.

Today, they got in a massive shipment of 60GB units that were just piled up behind the counter. Faced with trying to get my 20GB box through the wind and rain to Yodobashi for an exchange, I wimped out and am trying to convince myself I'll be happy with the 20GB model.

Doh! Well, you can add a USB card reader and an Ethernet wireless bridge and upgrade the 2.5" SATA hard drive to get almost all the functionality of the 60GB model. The only thing that's not certain to work with that setup is the Remote Play functionality, and since that requires the as-yet-unreleased 3.0 PSP firmware anyway, nobody can try it at the moment.

(edit: TIME PARADOX! whoever thought that displaying posts in chronological order was a good idea needs to go back to the drawing board :lol )

jarosh

Mistwalker said:

Good to see the supply might be somewhat consistent through the month though, with the Wii on the way Sony needs all the help it can get.
NO PSP REMOTE PLAY FOR YOU

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
neojubei said:
Dude things like that in Japan is cool. Ever want HOT coffee or tea from a vending machine? Man, I wish i was back in Japan. I regret coming back here.

I remember buying cold ramen noodles or warming up a nice quick lunch at a 24 convenience store.

Then I remind my self 100,000 < 400,000

**** you make $400,000 a year?

:O

marwan said:

I'm going to lay this out simply for the junior members everywhere.

No 1440p this gen.
No 1440p next gen.
No standard for 1440p.
It is no more of a "standard" than computer monitor resolutions right now, with an installed base of 0.

The end. Thanks. Now back to tales of launch day sorrow and yen price gouging.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
mckmas8808 said:
**** you make $400,000 a year?

:O

i mean 100,000 for japan at launch and 400,000 for US at launch. i have a better chance of getting a ps3 at launch here than i did if i lived in Tokyo.:D

I remember rumors floating around last month that pre-orders did not guarantee you a unit if their shipment got slashed. By that I mean, say a store took 16 pre-orders but only gets 8 units in...the person who was #16 on the pre-order list can still get a unit before #5 if they get to the store before them.

Now this seemed to be all sorts of unfair so I blew it off. But I just called my EB to get some details on the PS3 launch....not only did they not know yet if they will be getting all 16 in he also told me that they weren't keeping track of the order that the pre-orders came in. (!)

Now I'm not too worried because I don't think Sony is going to cut any numbers at this point so they should get their 16 in. But you never know I guess. I won't feel 100% confident in getting one until I get a phone call sometime this week telling me when I can pick mine up.

Can anybody confirm/deny that this is EB/GS's policy on pre-orders? First come....first serve? I wasn't involved in the 360 pre-order debacle (I camped)...is that how it worked then too?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I hope not, I dont want to camp out for something I already preordered just to be "first served". >_<

edit:
wtf time warp again, my post should be under the one under mine. o_O

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Great Poster said:
I remember rumors floating around last month that pre-orders did not guarantee you a unit if their shipment got slashed. By that I mean, say a store took 16 pre-orders but only gets 8 units in...the person who was #16 on the pre-order list can still get a unit before #5 if they get to the store before them.

Now this seemed to be all sorts of unfair so I blew it off. But I just called my EB to get some details on the PS3 launch....not only did they not know yet if they will be getting all 16 in he also told me that they weren't keeping track of the order that the pre-orders came in. (!)

Now I'm not too worried because I don't think Sony is going to cut any numbers at this point so they should get their 16 in. But you never know I guess. I won't feel 100% confident in getting one until I get a phone call sometime this week telling me when I can pick mine up.

Can anybody confirm/deny that this is EB/GS's policy on pre-orders? First come....first serve? I wasn't involved in the 360 pre-order debacle (I camped)...is that how it worked then too?

I don't really believe this.

reriel

old ? sales day one ps3 (from gamefront.de):

PS3 20GB: 32.000 St.
PS3 60GB: 51.000 St.
Total: 83.000 St.

Software
- Ridge Racer 7: 27.000 St. (38 %)
- Gundam: 20.000 St. (26 %)
- Resistance: 16.000 St. (40 %)
- Sega Golfclub Featuring Miyazato Family: 3.000 St. (24 %)

RaijinFY

reriel said:
old ? sales day one ps3 (from gamefront.de):

PS3 20GB: 32.000 St.
PS3 60GB: 51.000 St.
Total: 83.000 St.

Software
- Ridge Racer 7: 27.000 St. (38 %)
- Gundam: 20.000 St. (26 %)
- Resistance: 16.000 St. (40 %)
- Sega Golfclub Featuring Miyazato Family: 3.000 St. (24 %)

Old indeed, there's a thread about that already.

Top Bottom