• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation’s Black Friday promotions begin November 17

Brucey

So it's confirmed disk drive edition bundles with COD or Spiderman 2 for $499 ($60 off)
qgouQRL.jpg
i68IPrJ.jpg

poodaddy

I wish Wolverine was out. I've got all of the Sony exclusives I'm interested in except the new God of War. Hopefully it goes on a decent sale.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

The wording makes it sound like ps sub will only be discounted if you are new OR upgrading to a higher tier.

Yikes, so worse than usual. They typically always put it at least 25% off.

Although, half the stores have quit selling PS+ related cards and only do the wallet top-ups, that might cut off the sales.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I have about 9 things on my ps wishlist atm. Hoping for deals on:

Tlou pt 1
Forspoken
Dead Island 2
Jedi survivor

I can't buy physical as I have the superior digital edition only.
I’m convinced we have to be getting Forspoken on Extra and Premium soon…every other Squeenix game is on there that isn’t really new.

Last edited:
I didn't realize, they offered a streaming service for the premium members. Downloaded it to see what they had to offer. Probably the saddest offering of movies I've seen.

Only a small handful of anything watchable. Black Dynamite, [REC], Silent Hill. I guess the Final Fantasy movie tie-ins (Kingsglaive, Advent Children, NOT Spirits Within).

The thing that really bothers me is how awful the app is. When you're done viewing the movie page, if you go back it resets you to the top of the list. You can't sort. Stranger - the default sort was alphabetical, and now it's reverse-alphabetical with no way to change it.

They're truly insulting us with all of this.

Elios83

Black Friday console sale in Greece. Disk Edition (older model) and this price includes taxes. It is on multiple store chains as well. If this is the sort of price for this period globally, then 10+million for FYQ3 is guaranteed.

grQ7xSX.jpg

PS5 with disc drive and no games at 429€ or 499€ with Spiderman 2 or MW3 are Sony's BF deal for the whole European market it seems.
It's already live on Amazon Italy.
The 429€ price is super aggressive.
I'm also hearing from a friend working at retail that they're expecting the Slim in Europe early next month.

NickFire

Every time I am reminded of the PS+ increase for the multiplayer and shit game only tier, I have a fleeting moment where I hope Sony gets destroyed next generation in terms of market share. They deserve it for screwing over their loyal customers just because they can.

Rant over - I hope Ragnarok is 1/2 off.

Brucey

PS5 with disc drive and no games at 429€ or 499€ with Spiderman 2 or MW3 are Sony's BF deal for the whole European market it seems.
It's already live on Amazon Italy.
The 429€ price is super aggressive.
I'm also hearing from a friend working at retail that they're expecting the Slim in Europe early next month.
Sounds like they'll be shipping plenty in Jan-March to have a jumbo Q4 as well. Is this the first Christmas without availability constraints in Europe?

Trunx81

Already got the Tomb Raider Trilogy (17,49€), Horizon 2 (29,99€) and FF7R (19,99€) on my list. Too bad that Ghost of Tsushima is not on sale this time :(

Edit: seems that the games already on aren’t the final sale?

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I will see if Immortals or Dead Island 2 is on heavy discount .

Possibly looking to cop Yakuza 0 or even Diablo 4.

ikbalCO

i have just bought ff xvi, cyberpunk w/phantom libs dlc and sifu. i was about the get diablo iv and then remembered its better to wait for a discount on bg3 to play a fantasy game in that merit.

A little suprised not to see bg3 diacounted tbh. Its been like what 6 months?

Skifi28

The PSN sale seems to be up, though I hope that's not alll of it. Still, Ragnarok for 50 euros and FF17 for 48 is not too bad.

I have about 9 things on my ps wishlist atm. Hoping for deals on:

Tlou pt 1
Forspoken
Dead Island 2
Jedi survivor

I can't buy physical as I have the superior digital edition only.
Superior how? By owning the digital edition, you're stuck buying from the PSN and are bound by their prices and sales. With physical, you have more freedom as a consumer to shop wherever you want and can find sales much more regularly.

Sooooo I guess there's no discount for PS+ Extra members that want to renew for another 12 months? The only option that I see that's discounted is the one to upgrade from extra to premium. If there's anyone with deals on PS+ extra for US accounts let me know.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

The PS+ sale is only for upgrading to Premium, no discount on just extending Extra like last year at all?

Disappointing.
Sooooo I guess there's no discount for PS+ Extra members that want to renew for another 12 months? The only option that I see that's discounted is the one to upgrade from extra to premium. If there's anyone with deals on PS+ extra for US accounts let me know.
I was going to be pissed, but it seems like they are doing it for other tiers?
Going to check whatever the normal one is called.
Edit: If their website wasn't so dog shit with FireFox... Can't log in.
There is a discount for renewing ps+ extra. Select it and the price changes to the 25% off

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Consoles and controllers get discounts, but nothing for PSVR2?
Sony already forgot they even make the thing...

Aion002

Sooooo I guess there's no discount for PS+ Extra members that want to renew for another 12 months? The only option that I see that's discounted is the one to upgrade from extra to premium. If there's anyone with deals on PS+ extra for US accounts let me knknow.

At least in Brazil with the ps app there is.

On the app: Go in the store, then on the ps plus icon, roll to the end and there's an option to get 12 months with 30% of discount.

I currently own the ps plus premium and I was able to get another 12 months.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's showing for me on PS5 on the PS+ tab. Apparently it's only for Premium and Extra, which I don't have. Fucking dickheads.
Will check on the console itself if I see the discount in a bit. But, yeah last year I recall, Extra was for $75.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Will check on the console itself if I see the discount in a bit. But, yeah last year I recall, Extra was for $75.
Nothing yet on my end either.

Screenshot_20231117_154636_PS_App.jpg

Imma try on console after work.
Was normal price for me on website but renewing through the PS5 it dropped to $110 for the year but totally on the fence about renewing at that price as premium is junk imo

Sadly to move down there is no discount showing for me, the mid tier plan is more expensive than premium

Was normal price for me on website but renewing through the PS5 it dropped to $110 for the year but totally on the fence about renewing at that price as premium is junk imo

Sadly to move down there is no discount showing for me, the mid tier plan is more expensive than premium
Thanks for checking! I'll probably renew tbh, because I also game share with my bigger brother, but if it wasn't for him I'd probably just drop my sub to Essential.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That's because of all the bad things you've said about Jim Ryan over the years.

Temper Tantrum GIF

a-time-to-kill-burn-in-hell.gif

Thank you for confirming!

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Superior how? By owning the digital edition, you're stuck buying from the PSN and are bound by their prices and sales. With physical, you have more freedom as a consumer to shop wherever you want and can find sales much more regularly.

Yes, all these reasons make it superior. It was cheaper, it looks sexier, and I like digital only. I don't have to maintain a disc collection or find space for anything (except the vr and pulse). Sales happen regularly enough and most of the exclusives I buy day one, which have a set RRP anyway.

I think the tradeoff is worth it personally and will loudly proclaim all digital for all.

Top Bottom