• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zelda TP pre-launch NON-SPOILER thread (READ BEFORE YOU POSTTTT)

keke

I realized that I will play Zelda an hour before territorial US. I live in Puerto Rico and since DST is an hour more than eastern time.

:) !!!!

Mr. TV Goggles said:
Same rating for OoT is alright, but why not a 10? That's so ridiculous.

You should probably wait for the review text before you lambast it.

However, two things come to mind. One, they bowed down to the pressure of those that accused the magazine of 1st party favoritism.

And another....something tells me that even though the game got the same score as Ocarina, one still might be better than the other in their eyes(probably Twilight Princess but just a guess).

Also depends on the individual reviewer of course.

Ceebs

Well I found out today that I am getting hosed on launch day for Zelda...

I never switched my preorder from the Cube to the Wii version...and Gamestop is only getting enough to cover preorders. (I have a ton of store credit there and money is tight so they are my only option for Zelda)

Bloodwake

sp0rsk said:
BrandonH your failure to use your ****ing brain in this thread has reached the breaking point. See you later!

OH MY GOD THIS TOTALLY RUINED THIS GAME FOR ME.

YOU TOTALLY DID THE ****ING RIGHT THING THERE, SPORSK!

andthebeatgoeson

sp0rsk said:
It seems like I have to warn you ****ers every time we get to a new page.

Wow, just start banning people. You are gonna go crazy. People are now just ****ing with you. It's clear to anybody that this is the non-spoiler thread. People will get the point. Besides, some need a break.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rsrcACV3Fjk

The Old E3 2004 video but from a different angle. The 'OMG' guy can't be heard but you can see a ton of fans in the front jumping up and down. I don't know, is that worse? A bunch of grown men jumping up and down in the front row or some guy saying, 'OMG...WHO'S THE MAN!!!!WHO'S THE MAN!!!111'?

tehjaybo

sp0rsk said:
BrandonH your failure to use your ****ing brain in this thread has reached the breaking point. See you later!

Oh my sweet ****. Are you really ****ing serious? OH NOES POSSIBAL SPOILAR THAT YOU CANT EVEN ****ING SEE! LOOK OUT YOUR ENTIRE GAMING EXPERIENCE IS ABOUT TO BE RUINED BY A ****ING FRAGMENT OF A GODDAMN MINIMAP. PRO ADMIN SKILLS HERE.

You see, this is why I've grown detatched to this place. If you're going to be a complete douchebag to a member that has held the rules of this place on a ****ing pedestal, and ban him for the most unimportant thing ever, WHICH HE EVEN WENT BACK AND TOOK OUT when someone said it could be a possible spoiler, then you're just a ****ing jerk.

Good bye and good ****ing riddance.

PS. I hope you die in a fire. Not the internet joke "DIAF" either. I hope you literally catch on fire and die a painful death.

This is the NON-SPOILER thread, it's even in caps for your convenience. For some people this is the last spoiler-free Zelda haven on the Interweb. Anything that could even possibly be construed as a spoiler has no place in this thread.

Bloodwake said:
OH MY GOD THIS TOTALLY RUINED THIS GAME FOR ME.

YOU TOTALLY DID THE ****ING RIGHT THING THERE, SPORSK!

neogaf.jpg

(Thank you sporsk for keeping this thread clean.)

andthebeatgoeson

tehjaybo said:
Oh my sweet ****. Are you really ****ing serious? OH NOES POSSIBAL SPOILAR THAT YOU CANT EVEN ****ING SEE! LOOK OUT YOUR ENTIRE GAMING EXPERIENCE IS ABOUT TO BE RUINED BY A ****ING FRAGMENT OF A GODDAMN MINIMAP. PRO ADMIN SKILLS HERE.

You see, this is why I've grown detatched to this place. If you're going to be a complete douchebag to a member that has held the rules of this place on a ****ing pedestal, and ban him for the most unimportant thing ever, WHICH HE EVEN WENT BACK AND TOOK OUT when someone said it could be a possible spoiler, then you're just a ****ing jerk.

PS. I hope you die in a fire. Not the internet joke "DIAF" either. I hope you literally catch on fire and die a painful death.
Wow, good bye. It's the fricken non-spoiler thread. Are you really that dense? There are at least 2 regular threads and a few misc threads. How about you join him?

Sporks, you are way too kind for this shit. You have been going out of your way, NOT BANNING people and douches like this get all hot and bothered. Just ****in head shot this clown and the rest.

tehjaybo said:

Some one needs counseling...

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
skinnyrattler said:
I don't know, is that worse? A bunch of grown men jumping up and down in the front row or some guy saying, 'OMG...WHO'S THE MAN!!!!WHO'S THE MAN!!!111'?

Neither

It's a shame that Brandon got banned. He was cool :/.

tehjaybo said:

tehjaybanned.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
zink120 said:
Can some one check the new preview video on gametrailers.com to see if it containt spoiler?

I'm not sure if I should watch it.

Zink120

It contains at least several scenes never seen before. I closed the video 25% in.

gametrailers/com videos have some mild or moderate spoilers.

i'm gingerly watching the new video preview they have up.

edit: oh my, there's a FREAKY spoiler in there. don't watch it. DO NOT WATCH IT.

Beezy

tehjaybo said:

Where's a serious business pic when you need one...

jvalioli

zink120 said:
Can some one check the new preview video on gametrailers.com to see if it containt spoiler?

I'm not sure if I should watch it.

Zink120
It is a nice preview, but if you've been on a media blackout since the big sites started posting a bunch of new videos, I wouldn't watch it.

tehjaybo said:

The Zelda TP pre-launch NON-SPOILER thread

Xdrive05

Dunpeal said:
Do we have Gamecube impressions anywhere? :(

We sure do! Read any of the reviews and ignore the parts about the game being fun.

but expect GC impressions in a couple more weeks at the earliest

..pakbeka.. said:

Too bad he's banning people in the spoiler thread as well. -_-

Armitage

tehjaybo said:

:lol :lol :lol

touchy.

oh my GOD at the new Gametrailers.com preview. one major spoiler and a few minor ones.

watch at your own risk. plenty of previously unseen footage.

i like Link's animation when he is
standing in the snow

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
For those who don't want to watch the new game trailers preview so as to not be spoiled, here are a few general quotes from the video. They're only around 20 hrs in.

Twilight Princess is a decidedly more adult game with darker themes

Some of the cinemas had us gawking at the TV in complete disbelief that we were playing one of Nintendos games

There were concerns whether the wii controls were tacked on to Zelda at the last minute, to move alot of wii systems at launch. We can already tell you this is not the case. Certain things such as... simply couldn't be accomplished without the new controller.

Theres so much to see and do in TP that we've been completely overwhelmed at times...but always left us with a smile on our face.

Slurpy said:
For those who don't want to watch the new game trailers preview so as to not be spoiled, here are a few general quotes from the video:

Twilight Princess is a decidely more adult game with darker themes

Some of the cinemas had us gawking at the TV in cometely disbelief that we were playing one of Nintendos games

There were concerns whether the wii controls were tacked on to Zelda at the last minute, to move alot of wii systems at launch. We can already tell you this is not the case. certain thing such as... simply couldn't be accomplished without the new controller.

Theres so much to see and do in TP that we've been completely overwhelmed at times...but always left us with a smile on our face.

Awesome quotes. Thanks slurpy.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
This thread is delivering. Fo' sure.

BrodiemanTTR said:
For some people this is the last spoiler-free Zelda haven on the Interweb.

This is the right answer, though - especially for people outside of the US.

I was going to make a thread for this, but I will instead put it here and in the spoiler thread.

it's about the amount of time Twilight Princess has been in development

November 16, 2006 - Four years of work are at last coming to a close

http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746455p1.html

the rest of the IGN article is interesting but i felt this was the most important point....

I thought Twilight Princess has been in the making for around 3 years, not 4.

but I suppose 4 years could make sense. afterall, Wind Waker was really finished and released in late 2002 (not 2003) because it came out in Japan in 2002. the game didn't continue development into 2003 for the U.S. release, of course not. the team that made Wind Waker was done sometime in the fall of 2002. so then they probably started on what would be Twilight Princess, first shown in May 2004 as 'The Legend Of Zelda" as people were expecting Wind Waker 2.

so lets vote, Twilight Princess has been in the works for 3 years, or 4 years.

I'll be cheap and say 3.5 :p

I would venture a guess and say it's been in pre-production for longer than 4 years.

As far as full production I guess that probably began sometime after the launch of Wind Waker in March of 03, so closer to 4 years than 3.

AniHawk

beelzebozo said:
parish posts his 1up review tomorrow, right?

wait wait wait

jubilationez8.jpg

in the event of a 9+

30020060504t104748usmexsp3.jpg

in the event of an 8

It'll be an 8.0. I called it so long ago. If I'm wrong, may we all be horribly crushed from above somehow.

Top Bottom