• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After 200,000 Votes, Game Informer Readers Name Zelda: Ocarina of Time as the Greatest Game of All Time

Astral Dog

When i saw Spiderman beat Final Fantasy VI, i checked out. Spiderman, while excellent, is a throw away game that people will forget. FFVI is a timeless classic with music, characters and a story that have withstood the test of time. Nearly 30 years to be exact.
They are just different experiences, FFVI is amazing, but it doesn't have the same impact today as something like Spiderman ,even at release it can't be compared

What Spiderman and the Arkham series showed is that you can make a GOTY tier game out of a license,something unthinkeable in videogames for many years 🤭

Last edited:

AJUMP23

I don’t hate the choice, but I don’t think that it is the best Zelda.

Greatest game of all time is subjective and could change at any time.

BlackTron

I actually agree with it. It badly needs a HD update that doesn't suck, but even when/if it happens I suspect the original N64 version will still be better (which is sad).

Banjo64

cumsessed
They are just different experiences, FFVI is amazing, but it doesn't have the same impact today as something like Spiderman ,even at release it can't be compared

What Spiderman and the Arkham series showed is that you can make a GOTY tier game out of a license,something unthinkeable in videogames for many years 🤭
Arkham is in its own tier that Spider-Man can’t touch.

Spider-Man being a GOTY contender is the same as a modern day marvel movie winning an Oscar. It’s simply junk food that will be forgotten in 5 years.

Last edited:
Almost all the JRPGs lost their first round. Game Informer readers suck.

I hear you but FFVI has held the title of being on of the best JRPGs of all time for 30 years. I bet there aren't many people who can remember what the story was even about in Spiderman. They are not cut from the same cloth.

SHA

bracket_winner.jpg

Man, I really miss those days when every game does count, instead of these many mini indistinguishable games that popped on the store front page, these mini games change our mind every time when we really wanna play something new.

Top Bottom