• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zelda TP pre-launch NON-SPOILER thread (READ BEFORE YOU POSTTTT)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
This thread is going to be the last safe place on the internet so help me god I will fly round trip to your house and unplug your computers.

And just in case there are some joke characters laying in wait to spoil the whole thing for everyone, I will see to it that you are permabanned and I will stop at nothing to seek out every new account you try to make.

tehjaybo

sp0rsk said:
That was so mean.

edit: thejaybo read the thread before you go off on people again.

Kay.

Mmhmm..

Mmm....

Oh.. nice...

Yeah..

Okay? Still dumb to ban someone over a picture that's more than likely going to be on the ****ing box.

EDIT:
Or advertisements.

Or news.

Or anywhere there are games.

Remember the guy that killed himself when he read something about the Harry Potter book that was coming out? Yeah. Don't be that guy.

sprsk

tehjaybo said:
Kay.

Mmhmm..

Mmm....

Oh.. nice...

Yeah..

Okay? Still dumb to ban someone over a picture that's more than likely going to be on the ****ing box.

The box is out of my jurisdiction. Most people have already been warned the instructions have spoilers in them as well.

Duderz

Banned
tehjaybo said:
Kay.

Mmhmm..

Mmm....

Oh.. nice...

Yeah..

Except it's made clear that there really isn't any room for discussion.

Dude, if you don't like it, leave. Simple as that, and its gives those of us who want are on blackout that much more of a peace of mind.

sp0rsk said:
The box is out of my jurisdiction. Most people have already been warned the instructions have spoilers in them as well.

Some artwork thing got deleted that I didnt see, but is the stuff in the instructions VERY spoilerish? Or is it similar to OOT/MM/TWW's manuals?

tehjaybo

Duderz said:
Except it's made clear that there really isn't any room for discussion.

Dude, if you don't like it, leave. Simple as that, and its gives those of us who want are on blackout that much more of a peace of mind.

o

O

Kay. Later.

sprsk

gamergirly said:
Some artwork thing got deleted that I didnt see, but is the stuff in the instructions VERY spoilerish? Or is it similar to OOT/MM/TWW's manuals?

I don't know how spoilerish it is, I never looked at it. I think it relates to the bosses though.

Treefrog

There was a character in it that hadn't been revealed before. I thought I had been spoiled, but I do usually read the manual before I play a game, so I wasn't bothered.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
sp0rsk said:
I don't know how spoilerish it is, I never looked at it. I think it relates to the bosses though.

I believe it's something to do with silhouettes of bosses. Sooooo...maybe read the instructions after you finish the game? There's bound to be a tutorial anyway.

Treefrog said:
There was a character in it that hadn't been revealed before. I thought I had been spoiled, but I do usually read the manual before I play a game, so I wasn't bothered.

It couldnt have been that bad then. They had to know you would probably at least GLANCE at the manual before playing the game. And didnt the reviewers already see the manual before they gave out their reviews? Probably isnt a huge effect on the story :)

AniHawk

EVERYONE, STAY CA-
zm41.jpg

Well, looks like I'm not banned anymore. I do realize I crossed a line in context of this thread, but the picture was so small and hard to make out even that it didn't cross my mind. Still, I know better, and it won't happen again.

By the way, I didn't put tehjaybo up to any of that anarchy. He's just a crazy mother****er. :lol

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
brandonh83 said:
Well, looks like I'm not banned anymore. So, I thank sporsk for that. I do realize I crossed a line in context of this thread, but the picture was so small and hard to make out even that it didn't cross my mind. Still, I know better, and it won't happen again.

By the way, I didn't put tehjaybo up to any of that anarchy. He's just a crazy mother****er. :lol

SPOILER IN AVATAR!

SPOILER IN AVATAR!

Oh wait, we knew that Link would be in the game, huh?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
my favorite 1up reviewer/amirox's least favorite 1up reviewer for now clearly a multitude of reasons said:
It's not a reinvention of the genre like Ocarina was -- but it's much better, because it takes all its predecessors' raw ideas, perfects them, and creates an experience that's at once new and familiar. It's rare to find a launch game that truly justifies the purchase of a new console, but this is precisely that. If Wii Sports is a game for everyone, Twilight Princess is for everyone who loves games.

jubilationpd9.jpg

Bloodwake

brandonh83 said:
Well, looks like I'm not banned anymore. So, I thank sporsk for that. I do realize I crossed a line in context of this thread, but the picture was so small and hard to make out even that it didn't cross my mind. Still, I know better, and it won't happen again.

YAY...

I can change my avatar back to Tobey looking emo!

Avoiding spoilers can be so stressful.

Just remember that much of the stuff you accidentally see is misinformation or becomes overblown in your mind.

With Windwaker, I remember accidentally seeing comments that I thought were spoilers. I would stop reading mid-sentence and want to gauge my eyes out. I would really only register a couple of words here and there and so I pieced together in my mind how the story would play out.

Of course, I was completely wrong. I had taken comments out of context and because I looked away so quickly never really saw that they weren't spoilers at all.

Of course, that doesn't really stop me from freaking out when I think I glance over a Twilight Princess spoiler.

Zilch said:
brandonh83 can you PM me a link to the picture of all of hyrule, I'd really like to see it. Is it really detailed?

It's an extremely small image and all you can really make out are circles and lines. I mean, of course you can make out like... the shapes and stuff of the areas of Hyrule, but trust me, it is not worth your time. It's on gamestop.com--it's a picture of the Twilight Princess limited edition guide.

AniHawk

MindCollizion said:
two days to release and still no commercial. WTF?!

I guess they just KNOW it's gonna sell and dont bother spending money to advertise it...

Right. There wasn't a commercial for TWW either, and it sold around ALttP levels.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
MindCollizion said:
two days to release and still no commercial. WTF?!

I guess they just KNOW it's gonna sell and dont bother spending money to advertise it...

Can't HURT though. Nintendo shouldnt be shortchanging the advertising of this title.

Top Bottom