• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zelda TP pre-launch NON-SPOILER thread (READ BEFORE YOU POSTTTT)

castle007 said:
I remember reading that the Wii vesion will have different puzzles specifically designed to be done with the Wii Remote.

Also, there is a ****er in the 1up review thread who spoiled something about the game. Don't go in that thread, even though it was made clear that no one should post spoilers in it.

Yeah I caught the tail end of it. I always see "****er you spoiled the game" and run. The last pages are fine.

Well, I'll be leaving to go home for the weekend soon where I won't have Internet access, and I won't be back until Sunday night with my Wii and Zelda in tow. Looks like I beat the great Internet spoiler machine. Yay.

argon

To minimize spoilage exposure, try reading most of these Zelda threads starting with the bottom post in each page and working your way up. Worked for me so far (knock on wood!) =)

Zilch

Banned
What was posted in the 1Up thread definitely doesn't constitute a 'spoiler'.

You whiners are so damn aggravating, I'd post in the spoiler thread instead of this one but that one's TOO spoiler-filled. Seriously resisting the urge to PM you all REAL spoilers out of spite. :)

KevMurda

http://tinyurl.com/ygkx9q
ygkx9q

andthebeatgoeson

Zilch said:

You whiners are so damn aggravating, I'd post in the spoiler thread instead of this one but that one's TOO spoiler-filled. Seriously resisting the urge to PM you all REAL spoilers out of spite. :)
Boohoo, go make another thread where you can talk about spoilers up until whereever. Or IGN. Or GameFAQs.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Zilch said:

you don't deserve that avatar.
the tag is fitting though.

Xdrive05

Just got back from Best Buy and they had about ten copies of Twilight Princess sitting out on the shelf for sale. Didn't pick it up, though. I have a copy reserved that I get 10% off of.

MGrant

Xdrive05 said:
Just got back from Best Buy and they had about ten copies of Twilight Princess sitting out on the shelf for sale. Didn't pick it up, though. I have a copy reserved that I get 10% off of.

And thus there was a me-shaped hole in the door.

Zilch

Banned
skinnyrattler said:
Boohoo, go make another thread where you can talk about spoilers up until whereever. Or IGN. Or GameFAQs.

Boo hoo?

You precious little spoiler-phobes are the ones crying in every single thread that has to do with Zelda. Not me. Stay in this circle-jerk of a thread, don't complain in all those other threads about "spoilers".

AniHawk

MindCollizion said:
What do you mean there wasn't a commercial for WW it was even shown in theatres!

I meant a TV ad. There was a trailer for it, yes, but it was shown in theaters in 2002, months before the game came out.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Since you'd probably all kill me if I made a thread about this. But AMN has our Zelda review up now, dunno if there are any major spoilers, but for those who are trying to remain pure, I simply put up the final tallies:

http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=8237&pg=1

Visuals - It was developed for GameCube, thus it looks like a GameCube game. This means some blurry and downright unappealing textures. However, Nintendo’s team has birthed an imaginative world realized by great art-direction that makes up for any technical blemishes. 8.0

Sound - Koji Kondo’s newly-created music mingles with treasured classics, like Zelda’s Lullaby, to create a musical experience that you’ll fall in love with. Top-notch sound effects. Lack of voice acting might disappoint some, but Zelda does a good job without it. 10.0

Control - Link controls brilliantly, and the added Wii-mote control is the biggest step the franchise – and a video game – has made in a decade. While there are no camera controls, it is not a problem, because the camera is ideal. The lack of an extra analog stick makes it difficult to include real-time camera control, so this is more of an issue with the Wii-mote than Twilight Princess itself. 10.0

Gameplay - Over 40 to 50 hours of gameplay for your first time through. Every hour features challenging, rewarding, fun and entertaining gameplay. Excellent dungeon design and memorable locales. 9.5

Replay - Once you finish it, you’ll want to go back immediately. Expect upwards of 60 hours to do and see everything the game has to offer. 9.0

Verdict - The reason to purchase a Wii.

[not an average]
I didn't read the review thoroughly, so I don't know if there are big spoilers in it, which is why I posted just the final score tallies.

Gamecube is capable of far better textures than what you see in Twilight Princess, but it doesn't matter. they would've had to have sacrificed some of the massiveness of the huge environments, draw-distances running at ~30fps if the textures were alot better.

OK, 5 days until I get my hands on this. I'm thinking of trying that 3 hearts run on Majora's Mask now as a final preparation. If I don't do it now I'll probably never do it.

GAF, wish me luck, it will be hard not to complete a heart container by accident. :lol

tehjaybo

KevMurda said:

My god! Spoiler! You can see the IMAGES. Please ban. My entire gaming experience was just spoiled. I don't think I'll be able to play the game anymore, knowing that it was just spoiled by an open box picture. Please ban, delete the pic, and send a firing squad to that man's house. Oh god. Spoiled.

spoiler No, really. COMPLETELY SPOILED. /spoiler

Xdrive05

People seem to really be tearing up the graphics in this game. I don't know, I just don't see what's so wrong with them. Maybe the screenshots looks better than the actual game or something?

I've seen low-rez textures in screenshots, and in videos, but they don't seem too distracting to me at all. The rest of the presentation seems to overshadow that aspect of the game, making it always looks completely beautiful to me.

Is it because of the 360 and PS3 that people are knocking the graphics in this game?

Ark-AMN

Banned
The main complaint with the graphics, are the low-resolution terrain textures in the wide-open areas like Hyrule field (a trade-off for the incredible draw distance). The graphics on the characters and in more enclosed areas are fine.

Xdrive05

Ark-AMN said:
The main complaint with the graphics, are the low-resolution terrain textures in the wide-open areas like Hyrule field (a trade-off for the incredible draw distance). The graphics on the characters and in more enclosed areas are fine.

If that's all, then I guess it makes sense. But I think of Wind Waker, where there was basically NO texture for the ocean (save for the foam effects), but just a solid blue cell shaded surface. I think that's how they got away with the huge draw distances there.

So I think I can accept low-rez textures in Hyrule field, since it's actually textures this time around.

:)

people somehow keep forgetting that Zelda Twilight Princess is not taking advantage of Wii's extra RAM or graphics capablities/speed (as far as Wii know), it's a Gamecube game graphically, and its a huge open-ended environment, the large fields make it impossible to have higher texture quality like you would in a Metroid Prime game or Resident Evil 4.

the basic graphics have not changed much since 2004. there's still a large upgrade in graphics over Ocarina of Time, like 10 to 30 times times better, depending on what you're comparing.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
TheIkariWarrior said:
Gamecube is capable of far better textures than what you see in Twilight Princess, but it doesn't matter. they would've had to have sacrificed some of the massiveness of the huge environments, draw-distances running at ~30fps if the textures were alot better.

not necessarily true. i think its a limitation of the small 1.5 GB disks.

Top Bottom