• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
KNIM

I'm thinking the only way this ends is when either Haruto dies of old age or every single remaining female in the KNIM universe has confessed to Haruto. Do we really need to make sure we follow up on every fucking chick that remains to ensure we know they're all suffering as a result of not banging Haruto?

No way. There's passable, and then there's WHAT SHE DID.

If you mean the shit she did, eh she was a whiny rich, spoilt brat who wanted attention.

The whole burning his mom thing was messed up but there is a reason she guaded him since it put would place him in deep shit if he didn't and she would lose her only "friend", so he chose to continue being there.

Plus he seems to not mind anymore (hell he does the action of trying to protect her fragile mind/belief even now when he tried to fight Guts on that cliff.

So both of them are pretty fucked lol

survivor

Banned
Yes, this last few pages of this volume were fantastic...
The next volume will be released in May, the wait is so painful (vol.6 was released in February...).

The cover looks cool.
RNKNP9F.jpg
I didn't know the mom was on the cover before. Then again, I don't really look that much at Punpun covers. The thing about them is that they are minimalist covers taken to the extreme. I suppose they might look nice when they stacked together, but I really wish Asano did something different with them.

I did get a chuckle out of volume 8 cover now that I look at it very closely.

Kurita

I didn't know the mom was on the cover before. Then again, I don't really look that much at Punpun covers. The thing about them is that they are minimalist covers taken to the extreme. I suppose they might look nice when they stacked together, but I really wish Asano did something different with them.

I did get a chuckle out of volume 8 cover now that I look it very closely.
The thing I love is that the covers are in relief.

If There's More to Follow 1

From convenience store worker to super popular mahjong mangaka, that had to be one of the best things to happen, however, though seemed it was super difficult to get into the groove of doing manga each month and just to make it. Liked the scene of Fujishiro sometimes not being able to have time to eat or pay his bills and hanging out at Sakaguchi's place, his editor. With going to Kodansha, wonder if Sakaguchi feels regret or will try to get him back.

Toriko filler Break Arc

Filler? In my manga? I already bitched about the Starjun reveal but the other episodes didn't do much for me either. It seems like the sole reason these chapters existed was to give the anime a nice "landing spot" for it to do a bunch of filler.

survivor

Banned
Kaiji part 4 chapter 13

I like where this is going

Also: wut, what on earth could this be for.

http://i.imgur.com/vcAmAba.png[IMG]

Buzzers n' belts

???[/QUOTE]

It looks like they are back to playing games similar to Part 1? I can't wait to get to it.

Berserk 193

no

you don't deserve to use that name anymore

not after what you did

Who truly knows though :trollface.

Assuming you mean Griffith reusing the "Band of the Hawk" name for his powered up crew

Having a fucked past is almost a prerequisite for being a major character in Berserk :p

Very true but i think its from the fact shes so fucked and shes from nobilty.

It shows bullshit can happen anywhere in the chain lol

survivor

Banned
The thing I love is that the covers are in relief.
Do the French copies have any alternate covers or coloured page spreads? I don't recall seeing any in the previous Japanese volumes, but volume 11 had this beautiful coloured page* which really makes me wish Asano did more of them for all the volumes.

* I linked the page cause it might or might not be a spoiler for you. It just shows some character that will appear in the later volumes.

Toriko Popularity Poll 1

So is the only reason Uumen Umeda in the top 10 of the popularity poll because he's featured in a lot of early anime filler? Cause he's done almost nothing since the first chapter of the manga.

Kurita

Do the French copies have any alternate covers or coloured page spreads? I don't recall seeing any in the previous Japanese volumes, but volume 11 had this beautiful coloured page* which really makes me wish Asano did more of them for all the volumes.

* I linked the page cause it might or might not be a spoiler for you. It just shows some character that will appear in the later volumes.
I believe the color spreads are just in the magazine, not in the volumes.
When you remove the covers you can see stuff like real pictures, there's like a really complicated labyrinth you can actually do on volume 3...

Stinky

Aohige must have called a favour in to Shonen Jump!

EDIT: I was thinking it was kind of short notice until I realised last Wednesday's chapters came out yesterday..

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm pretty sure we're still getting a Bleach chapter next week. Which means that's all we're getting next week..

I presume you're referring to next week in Japan and not when we happen to get them available here.

Angry Grimace

Aohige must have called a favour in to Shonen Jump!

EDIT: I was thinking it was kind of short notice until I realised last Wednesday's chapters came out yesterday..

I'm sorry but I think its actually kind of funny that the dude literally quit GAF because he saw like 20 joke posts about Bleach.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Yay, now we can all talk about the best of the Big 3 without opinions of the other 2 disrupting and dragging down the conversation :)

survivor

Banned
I believe the color spreads are just in the magazine, not in the volumes.
When you remove the covers you can see stuff like real pictures, there's like a really complicated labyrinth you can actually do on volume 3...

Bah, this is just like Girl by the Sea where it had awesome coloured pages for the last chapter, but never made their way into the volume release.

I wish someone collected all the previous coloured pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom