• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Crowdsourcing - Completed, $829,829 raised, 4+1 characters funded

"Want to know why donations aren't rolling in from Japan like they used to? They all fucking think it's done.

The Japanese version of the IGG page hasn't been updated since Big Band was funded. It has NOTHING about the stretch goals past $625K. Was linked a 2chan thread earlier, and people were absolutely confused about what Robo Fortune was, how it got into the campaign, and if it was just the voice pack or a full character. No one even talked about the $850K goal."-4chan

holy shit, The japanese page is still at $625k for max and doesn't even have the Leviathan Progress bar, wtf lab zero... or Indiegogo's fault? I don't even know

i don't know if that's bad news, or if these last 4/5 hours are about to explode . . .

I NEED THEM TO VOTE BECAUSE WE NEED TO DEFEAT THE SILLY BASTARDS THAT WANT MANLY MEN IN MY GAME

(unless it's Issac, he's awesome)

4chan reaching 2chan:
2phAs

I NEED THEM TO VOTE BECAUSE WE NEED TO DEFEAT THE SILLY BASTARDS THAT WANT MANLY MEN IN MY GAME

(unless it's Issac, he's awesome)

they want marie though, so they aren't really friends of mine at the moment . . .

umm, how do i get to this unupdated version that the japanese have? i wanna see that for myself

http://labzerogames.com/IGG_JP/

It doesn't fucking matter what they want, this is the future of Lab Zero, not just one character

oh, that . . . i can't read anything so i can't tell that it's not updated, lololol

and yea, well, while it's nice that we're all worried about the future of Lab Zero, i really don't need marie in this game

we're already gonna have LZ workin for about a year anyway

but i do hope that it's not too late to rally japan and get those that are interested in helping the news that there's still time

#6thcharacter

I will be a bit angry, though I will just play marvel and feel better.
Wait... Mahvel calms you down? Last I recalled Mahvel pisses most people off even when they are winning.
"Want to know why donations aren't rolling in from Japan like they used to? They all fucking think it's done.

The Japanese version of the IGG page hasn't been updated since Big Band was funded. It has NOTHING about the stretch goals past $625K. Was linked a 2chan thread earlier, and people were absolutely confused about what Robo Fortune was, how it got into the campaign, and if it was just the voice pack or a full character. No one even talked about the $850K goal."-4chan

holy shit, The japanese page is still at $625k for max and doesn't even have the Leviathan Progress bar, wtf lab zero... or Indiegogo's fault? I don't even know
Ravi needs to drop some tweets.

J-Tier

Wait... Mahvel calms you down? Last I recalled Mahvel pisses most people off even when they are winning.

It calms me down. But I don't play online, only locally with friends. That's why I personally love fighting games so much, I meet up with friends all the time and we play the days away.

oh, that . . . i can't read anything so i can't tell that it's not updated, lololol
You can tell without being able to read! No mention of anything over 625k, and then nothing after. I'm sure if the Mane6 project was mentioned there somewhere we would have gotten more Japanese support because, from what I hear, there's a bunch of pony fans over there.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm a bit apprehensive towards an extension, but honestly I wouldn't mind stretching it out a bit knowing that the Japanese still have yencoins to give.

Ravidrath

Hey, so IGG actually contacted us and offered to extend the campaign for us, in the hopes of making it their first $1,000,000 campaign. This is not something that is usually done.

We declined.

Ee felt it would look dishonest after days of hyping the end, and also greedy. More money would always be nice, but we're already blown away by the money we've received, and more than a little exhausted from maintaining the campaign.

We are ready to move on to the next phase: fulfilling the promises we made, instead of making more.

yea, there's four hours left . . . that "it's too late" nonsense can wait until next monday

get some tweets out or something

We can't translate all that stuff and make it worthwhile with the time left.

LuffyZoro

They can't extend the campaign through IndieGogo, but it'd be pretty nice if there was a short PayPal donation period.

Edit: Well, maybe they could have.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hey, so IGG actually contacted us and offered to extend the campaign for us, in the hopes of making it their first $1,000,000 campaign. This is not something that is usually done.

We declined.

Ee felt it would look dishonest after days of hyping the end, and also greedy. More money would always be nice, but we're already blown away by the money we've received, and more than a little exhausted from maintaining the campaign.

We are ready to move on to the next phase: fulfilling the promises we made, instead of making more.
What about extending it until it hits 825k, if it does not?

TheOGB

Banned
I have not seen this all day and holy fucking shit we did it O_O

Currently at $773,774... of $150,000 needed, with just over 3 hours left. Goddamn this fanbase is amazing. :D

That really sucks about the JP page though :/

We declined.

7n7RVaS.jpg

shaowebb

So with the internet attack worldwide how likely is it that Indie gogo will allow Lab Zero to extend this fundraiser for another day? They are soooooooo close to that 5th character now that Squiggly, Big Band, MYSTERY CHARACTER, and Robo Fortune are in that I'd hate for them to end up short on that last one due to internet issues worldwide hampering transactions and page loading.

We declined.

I thought I was gonna have an aneurysm until I read this part. That I can understand. You really can have too much of a good thing.
We can't translate all that stuff and make it worthwhile with the time left.
You could just drop a tweet saying you are trying to hit a fifth character at $825k. No need to go the full distance on a campaign that is just about to end.
Me thinks that Robo Fortune must strain the hours and paychecks. The again... I'm just talking out of my ass here.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't really see how it's dishonest to any backers to extend the campaign. Maybe a bit unfair to other IndieGoGo projects? Even then, it's really not all that different from Kickstarters having an extended period of funding on their personal websites post-Kickstarter campaign.

But regardless, I respect the decision made. I do want to see that fourth character, though.

I imagine that a stipulation of the extension is that they try to pull for a million since it would be an IndieGoGo milestone.

We declined.

n121391_citizen20kane20clap.gif

It's probably better for the guys to not stop right at a goal--the extra cash gets them some wiggle room and lets them pay themselves a little more. I'd rather see them at 800k so they can spend a little extra making the content then see them hit the next character just barely and have to scrape by.

kirblar

Extending it for a day or two due to the situation in Japan would have been completely understandable, but I totally understand why you wouldn't want to do that, especially with Robo-Fortune on the way.

Also, buy yourselves some health insurance! You've earned it!

Kioshen

We declined.

I totally respect this.

Ultimadrago

We declined.

We felt it would look dishonest after days of hyping the end, and also greedy. More money would always be nice, but we're already blown away by the money we've received, and more than a little exhausted from maintaining the campaign.

I completely agree with this move from start to finish.
As I described your response earlier today: very responsible.

Dachande

Maybe just keep donations going like Double Fine do with their backer program, on Lab Zero's website? Let people chuck money in a donation hat on your page, and give them digital goodies you're currently offering on the Indiegogo rewards. You don't have to push it much, if at all, just have it there for people to give to you in their own time.

If you have slots free or spares of any custom rewards, perhaps see if you can keep those open for people to donate to on Lab Zero's page?

Thores

At least one extra day to let Japan know what's up and give them a chance to contribute towards Character 5 would be great.

But it's also kinda hard to ask for more at this point. I would be okay with coming just short of the final goal so you guys can use the extra cash to support yourselves at least a bit more.

Ravidrath

We're going to keep contributions open through direct Paypal contributions, and will honor the reward tiers. But the campaign itself won't be maintained any more.

It's probably better for the guys to not stop right at a goal--the extra cash gets them some wiggle room and lets them pay themselves a little more. I'd rather see them at 800k so they can spend a little extra making the content then see them hit the next character just barely and have to scrape by.
Yep, this the key thing. The nebulous region between characters is a safe haven, an oasis if you will. Nice little reserves for unexpected costs, extra little treats(taunts, winposes, etc.) and improved working environments.

I'm greedy when it comes to characters, but not that greedy.
We're going to keep contributions open through direct Paypal contributions, and will honor the reward tiers. But the campaign itself won't be maintained any more.
Cool

Top Bottom