• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge |OT| - Slightly unf*cked, now for PS3/360

kaioshade

Just tank the hits until you can unleash your ninja fury.
Make sure you start charging within range though.

EDIT:

What part gave you trouble?

I beat it, but fighting three of those damned things at the same time was tedious as all hell. Not even hard, but tedious.

Okay so I just bought my Ps3 copy at local Gamestop and the casher was TOTALLY UNAWARE about the pre-order DLC code. He checked his huge stack of pre-order DLC voucher, any email related to pre-order stuff in his system and we checked the receipts too but nothing came out of this.

What a total fuck-up.

Aske

Okay so I just bought my Ps3 copy at local Gamestop and the casher was TOTALLY UNAWARE about the pre-order DLC code. He checked his huge stack of pre-order DLC voucher, any email related to pre-order stuff in his system and we checked the receipts too but nothing came out of this.

What a total fuck-up.

I had the same issue. My Gamestop had no clue. After doing a bit of online research, I found some people were getting codes, but only after making enough noise to the right Gamestop people. Others were told no pre-order DLC exists for the game. I just returned my copy and bought the game on PSN.

How responsive is this game compared to the original release?

I swear vanilla NG3 felt like it was dropping 20% of my inputs.

It's night and day. Vanilla NG3 was a total mess: funky lock-on that targets dead enemies; horrible, imprecise inputs. RE has massively improved the lock-on, and inputs now feel almost as tight as they did in previous games. RE essentially plays like NG2 at this point, although the soft lock-on is still off about 5% of the time compared to that game. In practise it's not a problem - the game gets it right when it matters - but you'll be surprised now and then in a crowd of enemies at moderate distance. So far, it's never been an issue at close quarters.

Honestly, playing RE is like listening to a cover band try to recreate music you know and love. But where NG3 was almost unrecognizable, RE retains the essenial elements of the original, and delivers something fans can enjoy. It's still a cover, and obviously so, but it's a great cover.

I had the same issue. My Gamestop had no clue. After doing a bit of online research, I found some people were getting codes, but only after making enough noise to the right Gamestop people. Others were told no pre-order DLC exists for the game. I just returned my copy and bought the game on PSN.

It's night and day. Vanilla NG3 was a total mess: funky lock-on that targets dead enemies; horrible, imprecise inputs. RE has massively improved the lock-on, and inputs now feel almost as tight as they did in previous games. RE essentially plays like NG2 at this point, although the soft lock-on is still off about 5% of the time compared to that game. In practise it's not a problem - the game gets it right when it matters - but you'll be surprised now and then in a crowd of enemies at moderate distance. So far, it's never been an issue at close quarters.

Honestly, playing RE is like listening to a cover band try to recreate music you know and love. But where NG3 was almost unrecognizable, RE retains the essenial elements of the original, and delivers something fans can enjoy. It's still a cover, and obviously so, but it's a great cover.

Can you at the very least buy those costumes o nthe PSN store?

And yeah, I watched Seik playing the Wii version and it seemed pretty damn fun. I remember I had to beat 3 dangerous guys who does some kind of black magic in the first Ayane level for him because he just couldn't do it. Can't remember the chapter, but I do remember it was pretty damn tough. I did it though :)

DR2K

Banned
This game really opens up when you beat the game. Playing chapter challenge, unfucks some of the bosses and qte sections. Also multiplayer is good for a few laughs, and the online coop actually works unlike Sigma 2

fernoca

I have it on wii u but I wanna get it anyway, fuck that game pad for action games.
The game's compatible with the Pro Controller. If you already have it on Wii U, for the price of the game on PS3/360 you can get that controller to play the game...and other games. :p

Unless the "fuck" was at the Pro Controller? :p

Mesharey

I wanted to finish few chapters today, but before that I wanted to try clan battles and co-op for a short time, that "short" time became 3 hours ! XD

Co-op is really good and there's no lag, you can use any character you want, I used unknown ninja to upgrade his skills and weapons

Clan battle was fun to spend sometime, but don't expect much from it.

I'm near the end, maybe I'll finish it today, then I'll start working on challenges and collecting golden scarabs.

L Thammy

By the way, you guys should probably make sure to post about freezing or any other severe bug that occurs in-game. Warn others if it's error prone. I ended up selling my Wii U version because of those - some of them were obviously issues with the game's coding itself and not the console..

DR2K

Banned
By the way, you guys should probably make sure to post about freezing or any other severe bug that occurs in-game. Warn others if it's error prone. I ended up selling my Wii U version because of those - some of them were obviously issues with the game's coding itself and not the console..

My game froze twice each time it was loading something. It was before I installed, no freezes after.

Dantis

Has anyone had their preorder code from GAME yet?

The game's compatible with the Pro Controller. If you already have it on Wii U, for the price of the game on PS3/360 you can get that controller to play the game...and other games. :p

Unless the "fuck" was at the Pro Controller? :p

Or you can do what I did, and sell your Wii U copy for the same price as a 360 copy.

A much better plan. ;)

synce

Wow, THIS is Ninja Gaiden. Not since vanilla NG2 has it felt so satisfying to cut things up. My only gripe with the game is that you can't play Master Ninja from the beginning. I really hope Hayashi learned something from this whole experience too. Don't mess with a good thing.

Ok so I finished London yesterday and advanced a bit in the desert level right after. Holy shit is this game hard, but really satisfying at the same time. I enjoy it quite a bit, but I gotta say, that input lag is killing me!!! Strong attacks simply won't register. Right after a combo it can takes up to a second before I can move Ryu again. It's really weird because this isn't happening all the time. It's jsut fine for the most part. But when it starts fucking up, you end up losing a good chunk of your health bar because all those enemies are stomping each others on who's gonna beat your ass right??

Other than that, the framerate is solid, the graphics are alright and the gameplay is surprisingly good!

Oh, and that first test of valor.
Took me like 5 or 6 tries to beat those 3 waves....and then I realized I had to fight that boss. Fuck that....

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Anyone tried the SmartGlass support for the 360? I'm curious as to how well integrated it is, and if it has any neat features, but I don't have a smartphone to test it out.

rvy

Banned
Wow, THIS is Ninja Gaiden. Not since vanilla NG2 has it felt so satisfying to cut things up. My only gripe with the game is that you can't play Master Ninja from the beginning. I really hope Hayashi learned something from this whole experience too. Don't mess with a good thing.

Oh, wow. I was in shock until I read the member name.
a Master Ninja, where art thou?

DR2K

Banned
Karma glitch. Press select or up on the dpad while approaching a scarab and you get a 33k karma per second, you'll hear a glitched sound effect if you do it right.

dan2026

Has anybody calculated how many polygons make up Ayane's huge tits?

This is surely the most salient question.

Ok serious question, why is the demo so damn difficult?

I am playing the Ayane mission and you end up in an arena where they pit you against a ton of enemies, which ends with a fight against three mages firing tron magic at you. Its unrelenting.

Dantis

Has anybody calculated how many polygons make up Ayane's huge tits?

This is surely the most salient question.

Ok serious question, why is the demo so damn difficult?

I am playing the Ayane mission and you end up in an arena where they pit you against a ton of enemies, which ends with a fight against three mages firing tron magic at you. Its unrelenting.

Hilariously, that section is much easier in the main game. No idea why they made it harder in the demo.

dan2026

Hilariously, that section is much easier in the main game. No idea why they made it harder in the demo.

Huh weird.
Also ust played the Ryu desert mission and encountered some bad framerate issues.
I think I will pass on this one.

OSHAN

Can someone explain to me how to perform the steel on bone technique? I feel like it is random, but it can't be random. Can it?

I must be doing something wrong. If the game explained it, I missed it.

Skilletor

Can someone explain to me how to perform the steel on bone technique? I feel like it is random, but it can't be random. Can it?

I must be doing something wrong. If the game explained it, I missed it.

When an enemy does an attack where they're glowing red, during or shortly after the attack animation finishes, hit the enemy with a heavy attack.

Although I don't think it needs to be heavy...pretty sure I've activated it with light attacks.

OSHAN

When an enemy does an attack where they're glowing red, during or shortly after the attack animation finishes, hit the enemy with a heavy attack.

Although I don't think it needs to be heavy...pretty sure I've activated it with light attacks.

That seems pretty simple.

I was busting them out left and right with Ayane, but rarely with Ryu; I guess I didn't notice them glowing red.

What's the deal with it chaining across multiple sets of enemies?

Skilletor

That seems pretty simple.

I was busting them out left and right with Ayane, but rarely with Ryu; I guess I didn't notice them glowing red.

What's the deal with it chaining across multiple sets of enemies?

As near as I can figure, once you begin, any attack that lands on an opponent near you will be an SOB move. That's just what it seemed like to me. I never really figured it out.

DasRaven

I've been on the fence about picking this up.
Infinite karma glitch has moved this into the buy category, oddly enough.

Now I can just have fun with butchering the opposing army in style.

Mesharey

Anyone wants to play co-op ?

I want to play acolyte missions 22-25 or mentor missions, on Xbox, my GT is Mesharey.

There's a problem with mentor mission #13, you can't finish it because there's a soldier you can't kill. -.-"

OSHAN

I'm getting completely stonewalled by that virtual reality mask asshole in stage 4, and I'm playing on freaking normal.

I really dislike some of the encounters in this game.

This game seems way harder than the previous ones. But mainly because of all the changes to the game mechanics. No more recovery items, or essence, or using essence to charge the ultimate technique and so on.

Gee maybe developers should mention glitches in their trailers for now on. NG3RE? Meh... Oh it has a glitch in it? MUST BUY!! WTF is wrong with you guys? lol

Top Bottom