• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Vire

Damn.. that's tough seeing Kobe like that.

Injuries are really the worst part of the game. This really is the worst Laker season ever.

Dr. Buss dying, Kobe with a potential achilles tear, possibly missing the Playoffs with an "all star" squad.

bjb

Banned
These tears are usually the result of mechanical stress and intratendinous degeneration or pathology. The tendon can be affected by recurrent microtrauma with a low propensity to heal or degenerative changes within the tendon.

So if he's overcompensating having nearly destroyed his knee's/leg earlier in the game, it makes sense that there was a good chance something was going to give. Particularly given how much he's going air-born/planting/cutting etc.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Do the lakers keep pau and Dwight and limp to an 8th seed or do they let Dwight walk and tank in an amazing draft class?

Dwight is more important now than ever. They will need to find a way to get some talent around him. Hopefully through a pau trade. Then just prey Kobe can get healthy in the back end of the season and make 1 more run.

I hate Kobe Bryant, but I don't like to see anyone have a career ending injury. If it's truly an achilles tear he may not come back at all. Even if he does, he won't be a superstar.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dwight is more important now than ever. They will need to find a way to get some talent around him. Hopefully through a pau trade. Then just prey Kobe can get healthy in the back end of the season and make 1 more run.

You're in shock.

"Kobe on the next step: "MRI, surgery and recovery. That's it."

Best of luck to him. He has no clue what he's in for and with his age.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bryant: "I'm just tired, man.... This is a long mountain to overcome."

I just heard the news. That sucks, you never want to see anything like that. Especially Kobe. I hope he comes back, don't go out like that.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bryant: "It's fueling me. It's fueling me. I can feel it already."

Damn, as much as I hate on Kobe and talk shit to my Laker fan friends, it's all just fun banter. Got nothing but respect for his talent and dedication. I don't want to see him go out like this. And knowing Kobe, he won't retire until he at least passes Jordan on the all-time scoring list.

Dwight at this point is irrelevant . We can miss the playoffs with him we can do it without him. I was preparing myself forthis moment. The rebuild just starts a year early. Wiggins to LA

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I am sincerely on the brink of tears right now. Those quotes are killing me.

This might be the last night I ever see this guy play competitively. I've been watching him play ball since he was drafted man... this is fucked.

Pkaz01

Quoting this again so that a mod sees this post and bans the idiot responsible.

You do realize this entire thing is in regards to the guy bitching about other players for not risking playing through injuries? With the amount of minutes he has been playing, and his age, and him coming out of high school with all the injuries he got this season? he had it coming thought he was invincible

Top Bottom