• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie weekly update 11/26/2007

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I just finished MGS4 last night, holy shit...who would have thought that Jack Bauer and his family was behind The Patriots? :eek

GhaleonEB

The Update From the Future said:
Um. I just got asked to check out a new feature for the Halo series. And I nearly pooped my pants. Like all miraculous features, I asked what the percentage chance of it making it into the final game are. You’d be surprised how accurate those estimates are. This one, I got a plain old “100%, no worries.” Tyson downgraded that to 99%. Let’s just say that it will make the folks at HighImpactHalo fill their drawers. And the MLG boys will sweat blood with excitement. They will all still moan at me about how we nerfed the pistol from Halo One, but this new thing will at least cheer ‘em up for a few months. Or years. It’s that big.

I'm trying to think what the overlap is between those groups that could get them excited. That's an odd pair to call out. :p Last week was a lot of detail on specific things, so this one was a little vauge by comparison. I liked the graph on Snowbound though. Keep'em coming Frankie.

squicken

GhaleonEB said:
I'm trying to think what the overlap is between those groups that could get them excited. That's an odd pair to call out. :p Last week was a lot of detail on specific things, so this one was a little vauge by comparison. I liked the graph on Snowbound though. Keep'em coming Frankie.

Gotta be user video related. One site focuses on glitches and the other cuts and pastes grenade sticks on Lockout ad nauseum.

GhaleonEB

squicken said:
Gotta be user video related. One site focuses on glitches and the other cuts and pastes grenade sticks on Lockout ad nauseum.
Could be, but the saved films has been talked about, including some specifics of the feature. I assumed from the way it was worded that this was a new, unannouced feature. As a side note, I'd love the ability to export those films from the 360 to the PC once you've edited the angles in.

Edit: Thanks Stinkles. Noted about the street bacon, though it looks delicious.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
squicken said:

Not video related. PEACE. Have good weekends Gafers. Don't eat street bacon.

border

$20 says that it's a realtime spectator mode. If I am wrong please tell me, otherwise I will assume I am right. :D

Sean

Banned
Yeah I'm guessing its a spectator mode too. That's the only feature that makes sense that both HIH and MLG would love (watching stunts, watching matches)...

Hopefully it's cool. I'd like to have a first & third person view, overhead view, and a free cam where you can control the camera.

Deepblue

Banned
You missed the best part of the update!

stoshnub.gif

I'm not sure how I feel about the muzzleflash. Need a first person view.

Frenck

Banned
Stinkles said:
Not video related. PEACE. Have good weekends Gafers. Don't eat street bacon.

ZOMG

I figured it out. You can throw 2 grenades at once if you hold down the left trigger.

It would make the tricksters and the tournament players happy.

or not

armubaba

Deepblue said:
You missed the best part of the update!

stoshnub.gif

I'm not sure how I feel about the muzzleflash. Need a first person view.

OMG SEX-AY!

I wonder what the new feature responsible for Stinkles-defecation is.....

squicken

Sean said:
Yeah I'm guessing its a spectator mode too. That's the only feature that makes sense that both HIH and MLG would love (watching stunts, watching matches)...

Hopefully it's cool. I'd like to have a first & third person view, overhead view, and a free cam where you can control the camera.

Wouldn't that still fall under "video related?" Stinkles shot that down already, but it was the first thing that occurred to me. For some reason I didn't combine my two thoughts into one post. But wouldn't some sort of real-time video spectating require dedicated servers? This isn't PGR3 where there's some bandwidth to spare.

Tieno

Stinkles, when are you going to do your next (!promised!) Bungie podcast? I demand satisfaction! :(

border

squicken said:
Wouldn't that still fall under "video related?" Stinkles shot that down already, but it was the first thing that occurred to me. For some reason I didn't combine my two thoughts into one post. But wouldn't some sort of real-time video spectating require dedicated servers?
Realtime spectator mode wouldn't be video related.....since it's realtime and not a recording. I doubt it would require a dedicated server, but maybe a separate p2p network comprised of just the spectators. The main game feeds data to one spectator, then that data is disseminated throughout the spectator network.

Tieno

Frenck said:
ZOMG

I figured it out. You can throw 2 grenades at once if you hold down the left trigger.

It would make the tricksters and the tournament players happy.

or not
Or you can juggle with grenades!

there goes one of my three propositions for the feature. not video related, heh? i've got to believe that it has something to do with halo 1 or the settings in halo 1. that's one thing the hih'ers and the mlg'ers have in common. they like halo 1 lots.

Top Bottom