• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Claims: 360 GPU = Nvidia 8800 series SHOCKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Nostromo said:
I wish I could answer to those kind of questions, but since no sane dev would ever answer to a question like that.. I can't ;)

Development/Testing/Bugs Found/Bug Fixes... rinse repeat.

That's my guess anyway.

I like how Carmack approaches it: "When it's done"

szaromir

Banned
Fatghost said:
If the Euro demo of Motorstorm is the same as the US Kiosk demo of Motorstorm, then it's a little jaggy. The later demo (for download) is much smoother...definately looks like HDR+AA.
I don't know what version I played, but it''s possibly that early demo.
BTW...are we going to see some Heavenly Sword stuff soon?
I doubt he can answer that.

JMichael said:
I still want to hear how he thinks HS compares to Lost Planet. Considering this is a LP tech thread and all.
It's not as if he's gonna tell you it's less impressive :lol

HS will stand out with it's own graphical features, just as LP does.
I just hope it'll surprise me with something genuinely unique.

Mmmkay

JMichael said:
I still want to hear how he thinks HS compares to Lost Planet. Considering this is a LP tech thread and all.
Nah, this is a failure of a thread that got derailed into something at least halfway constructive. We already have a (actually 2) thread on the Capcom tech presentation. Maybe if you stop asking loaded questions, he'll stop not answering them :p

JMichael

Banned
InsertCredit said:
It's not as if he's gonna tell you it's less impressive :lol

HS will stand out with it's own graphical features, just as LP does.
I just hope it'll surprise me with something genuinely unique.

Mmmkay said:
Nah, this is a failure of a thread that got derailed into something at least halfway constructive. We already have a (actually 2) thread on the Capcom tech presentation. Maybe if you stop asking loaded questions, he'll stop not answering them :p

Well I asked about motion blur, drop shadows etc.

I respect any dev willing to post on a forum but I think he kind of opened himself up to those questions considering he seemed to be downplaying LP's techincal prowess.

Are we going to see 4X MSAA in HS? Pot shots are pot shots.

LJ11

WTF is a pot shot? :lol

It's pop shot. Marco rarely posts, but a Junior has to come out and act like an ass when he does.

LJ11 said:
WTF is a pot shot? :lol

It's pop shot. Marco rarely posts, but a Junior has to come out and act like an ass when he does.

That backfired a bit (it's definitely "backfire" btw, don't try to derisively point out that it's "bankfire" or something).

JMichael

Banned
LJ11 said:
Well I feel a bit like an ass, but not any more so than JMichael.

Tom.jpg

Zing!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yeah last year DeanoC said that they would see if motion blur could be added to Heavenly Sword.

Hell it might have been nAo himself that said that here at GAF. I wish they can manage it. Heavenly Sword at 30 fps with 4xAA, HDR lighting, motion blur, and 8x AF will be godly.

GODLY I TELLS YA! You hear me nAo? :)

You guys only got to add motion blur being that all the other stuff is already in the game.

JMichael

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
Yeah last year DeanoC said that they would see if motion blur could be added to Heavenly Sword.

Hell it might have been nAo himself that said that here at GAF. I wish they can manage it. Heavenly Sword at 30 fps with 4xAA, HDR lighting, motion blur, and 8x AF will be godly.

GODLY I TELLS YA! You hear me nAo? :)

You guys only got to add motion blur being that all the other stuff is already in the game.

That would be mighty impressive, especially considering those outdoors screens that we've seen.

All things considered the Heavenly Sword team talks a good amount of tech related smack on various forums. If they end up delivering the goods then good on them I guess.

fse

I wonder what Rare thinks of RSX. Maybe what Polyphony thinks of the Wii GPU too what is it called anyway? Flipper?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
JMichael said:
That would be mighty impressive, especially considering those outdoors screens that we've seen.

All things considered the Heavenly Sword team talks a good amount of tech related smack on various forums. If they end up delivering the goods then good on them I guess.

Well they already got the game at 4xAA I think. And 8x AF at 30fps, so the only last last last thing I'm waiting for is the motion blur announcement.

SOTC or Lost Planet style.

JMichael

Banned
:lol F_elz

Imagine if Dennis Dyack was this outspoken about competitors. All the "Nietzsche/Shakespeare/fat" jokes would definitaly take a backseat I'm sure.

Lost Planet was first shown 9 months ago, and it shipped last month. It has amazing motion blur, framerate, particle effects, drop shadows, Best HDR I've seen. insane textures, physics and pretty much everything else techwise.

Heavenly Sword was first shown 2 years ago.

Speaking of dennis, where has that guy been? Must have installed 'Websense' over at Silicoln Knights.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Nostromo said:
LP is an amazing achievement indeed, first time I saw it I could not believe to my eyes.. :)

So are we going to see some new gameplay movies or maybe even a demo or something soon?

:)

watership

Slurpy said:
The xbox 360, which launched a year before the ps3 and cheaper to boot, has a gpu that is equivalent to a generational leap ahead of that in the ps3, which launched a year later and is significantly more expensive.

Yes, I believe this news.

Do you know the PS3 GPU was finalized around the same time as the 360 right? It was Blu Ray that put the ps3 back a year.

JMichael

Banned
watership said:
Do you know the PS3 GPU was finalized around the same time as the 360 right? It was Blu Ray that put the ps3 back a year.

Did you hear about SPUs? I hear they are rocket FAST!

HokieJoe

Tieno said:
They say 'as for the apex efficiency...'

What's apex efficiency? Does it mean 'in general'?

I don't understand the quote though...I can't really deduce from that, that they're saying Xenos=nVidia 8800

apex = peak (?)

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
GAF really *is* a cesspool theses days.....

Definitely rivals the Dreamcast/Deadmeat/hopa hopa days....no doubt about it.....

Kangu

Banned
Nostromo said:
LP is an amazing achievement indeed, first time I saw it I could not believe to my eyes.. :)

Amazing achievement could very well be applied to HS as well. I have no idea why Sony isn't just blitzing the press with media from you guys.

JMichael

Banned
Kangu said:
Amazing achievement could very well be applied to HS as well. I have no idea why Sony isn't just blitzing the press with media from you guys.

Well NAO and crew blitz forums like this one, Beyond3D and even TeamXbox on a regular basis. Good enough imo.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
JMichael said:
Well NAO and crew blitz forums like this one, Beyond3D and even TeamXbox on a regular basis. Good enough imo.

nAo rarely posts here

on Beyond3D he talks about other things besides Heavenly Sword. If I remember correctly, he was a regular user there before he was picked up by Ninja Theory. I remember him speculating about RSX before the PS3 came out (as a regular user) :lol

and I'm not sure about TeamXbox

I wouldn't call it a Blitz

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Kangu said:

Yes. Lets see some more HS stuff!

Kleegamefan said:

Definitely rivals the Dreamcast/Deadmeat/hopa hopa days....no doubt about it.....

To be fair there's only a couple twits mucking up this thread, and their schtick is so painfully transparent it's not even funny. Nostromo has the patience of a saint though. ;)

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Kleegamefan said:

Christ, give me a break. It's nowhere near that bad.

On another note, people kowtowing and sucking someone's dick simply because they're a developer is just as bad as the trolls who constantly repeat the same shit over and over again. This thread has plenty of both. GAF isn't Beyond3d, and discussion of the nature that devs want to get into isn't really appropriate for the forum in general. It's obvious the HS devs have some pretty strong opinions on the place (technically) of the 360 and the PS3 - let them debate it in a forum more suited to their level of discussion.

fse

Nerevar said:
Christ, give me a break. It's nowhere near that bad.

On another note, people kowtowing and sucking someone's dick simply because they're a developer is just as bad as the trolls who constantly repeat the same shit over and over again. This thread has plenty of both.

thumbs up dude:)

Jan

I guess I can shot just about HS. When the hell is supposed to be released? Is my most wanted PS3 game...

After seeing some videos of HS i´m kinda worried about enemies IA. They just attack you one afetr another... It seems that instead of attacking they are gonna applause they beautiful combo you just made. Is so 80s... After Ninja Gaiden a beat em up prove its value in the enemies IA. IA of HS will be on par of its graphics? The last videos I saw had almost missing IA.

fse

Jan said:
I guess I can shot just about HS. When the hell is supposed to be released? Is my most wanted PS3 game...

After seeing some videos of HS i´m kinda worried about enemies IA. They just attack you one afetr another... It seems that instead of attacking they are gonna applause they beautiful combo you just made. Is so 80s... After Ninja Gaiden a beat em up prove its value in the enemies IA. IA of HS will be on par of its graphics? The last videos I saw had almost missing IA.

wrong thread? :(

Jan

I thought the thread was no more about Lost Planet and just about Heavenly Sword, PS3, SPU etc. At least the last two pages.

JMichael

Banned
NAO(Nostromos) have never even touched a X360 dev kit with the xenos, but they sure are good at talking down any and ALL praise it gets.

Sorry, but he ruined the thread with some tasty FUD and he should be called on it like anyone else.

fse

JMichael said:
NAO(Nostromos) have never even touched a X360 dev kit with the xenos, but they sure are good at talking down any and ALL praise it gets.

Sorry, but he ruined the thread with some tasty FUD and he should be called on it like anyone else.

interesting...

ThirdEye

JMichael said:

you seem to be a pretty tasty guy for a junior member!

EDIT: wow it's quick.

JMichael said:

This guy is really making a name for himself fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom