• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Virtual Console - News and Releases

toon_link

Well the games are up on the eshop already :)
peb4zNy.jpg

Jucksalbe

Banned
Supposedly you can see them on the US eShop since yesterday(?), but you can't buy them yet. (Edit: Seems they're actually up)

I'm really looking forward to 60 Hz SMW. Will be interesting to see if the slower speed fucks with my usual timing. It's the one game I probably played the most on the SNES (well, that and maybe SMK and SoM).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So, how do I upgrade my Super Mario World from Wii Mode to Wii U? If I go to check out, it doesn't recognize I already have it (on my Wii Mode on my Wii U) and wants to charge me full price.

Sendou

I'm not so sure about that. I expect that maybe half of the games I bought to reappear on Wii U. And it will take years before they even manage to reach that.

Then you bought a lot of shitty ones. I don't think it will take that long. This time around they have GBA library coming too not to mention the no-brainer that is GC VC.

Dave Long

Banned
I will never understand complaints about pricing of Virtual Console titles when the market for the real thing is so out of hand. You can play NES, SNES, etc. games for a fraction of what it would cost you otherwise when you get them on Virtual Console. Not to mention their emulation is superb. It's just not reasonable to complain IMO.

Anth0ny

ugh I don't want to transfer my shit from my Wii and lose GC compatibility

why you gotta make this so difficult Nintendo

i think I'll pass on Mario World. Already own it 4 times...

oatmeal

Banned
Super Mario World is listed as $1.50 on mine and I have it installed on my Wii...so I can't comment if it works when it's not on there.

So my brother and I are trying to play SMW on eShop and we're having an issue.
We own a gamepad and a pro controller.The VC emulation recognizes both controllers as Player 1. So, the BOTH of us can CONTROL mario, but when mario dies, player 2 can control Luigi. The thing is, the VC does NOT recognize ANY controller as player 2. : (

zroid

Banned
Yeah I'm gonna buy SMW. Haven't played this game in too long. Never got it on Wii so it'll be the full $8 for me. On the upside, I don't have to do a system transfer just yet. :p

Seriously, I'm bummed that Nintendo charges this much for such an old game. It doesn't help that iOS games have changed the perception of pricing.

Yeah, $1.50 is what I thought they would've charged for NES, and SNES going from 2.50 to 5. Oh well. Can't beat SMW for 1.50 I guess (Since I got it on Wii practically free and will transfer over one day)

Jucksalbe

Banned
So my brother and I are trying to play SMW on eShop and we're having an issue.
We own a gamepad and a pro controller.The VC emulation recognizes both controllers as Player 1. So, the BOTH of us can CONTROL mario, but when mario dies, player 2 can control Luigi. The thing is, the VC does NOT recognize ANY controller as player 2. : (

You should be able to assign controllers in the settings menu (touch the GamePad).

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I have transferred my games...so it wil read as 1.50?

TIME TO LOOK!

Yes it will. I just upgraded SMW and Punch Out with the prices, didn't have to do anything fancy since I had transferred the items ages ago.

EDIT: By the by, best way to find all the games is to search using the word "Virtual", it'll bring up the entire list.

...The VC emulation recognizes both controllers as Player 1. So, the BOTH of us can CONTROL mario(
Does this mean you can do multi-direction glitches without taking apart controllers...(Link to the past being a famous one...what I like is they did not fix it for the GBA release either, can't remember if you could get into the bonus dungeon though)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I do not actually think $1 to $1.50 is too much to ask for an upgrade that required new work to be done for it.

I do agree that Nintendo's base virtual console prices are a bit too high though. I don't think games lose all value just because they're "old" but SNES games should be, say, $4.99. $2.99 for NES games, and so forth.

Robin64

Just finished work, a tough week, looking forward to relaxing with Super Mario World and Mario's Super Picross this evening but.. no. Thanks, NoE. :\

Top Bottom