• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April 2013 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes May 13

Saty

In a note to investors today, Cowen and Company analyst Doug Creutz said he expects the NPD Group's April numbers--set for release this Thursday--to show that software sales dipped 13 percent year-over-year.

The biggest difficulty for April sales was a light release slate, with Creutz expecting only a single title, DC-themed fighting game Injustice: Gods Among Us, expected to sell more than 250,000 units. Creutz believes that game sold around 424,000 copies.

With few surefire hits on the schedule, Creutz is expecting the NPD to report double-digit monthly sales declines for the industry through July
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-13-sales-declines-expected-through-july

donny2112

Three problematic predictors this month: Gianni Merryman, baekshi, and Cess007. Decided to leave their predictions as-are, but added in a <username>_mod entry for what I'd assume would be their intended entries. Probably will just count the _mod entry as the "real" one but haven't decided fully, yet. In the meantime, here are the aggregates for this month with those three + three_mod entries included.

NeoGAF Aggregate Predictions - Apr-2013

1. 360 - 210K
2. 3DS - 149K
3. PS3 - 147K
4. WIU - 49K
5. PSV - 28K

UberTag

I missed the boat on NPD hardware predictions this month (we're looking at a whole lot of nothing anyhow although I believe there's a slim chance the 360 isn't the top game platform in April - i.e. 3DS wins) but I will take a crack at ranking this month's NPD Top 10.

1) Injustice: Gods Among Us (360, PS3, Wii U) - how about that, a Wii U game is #1
2) Dead Island: Riptide (360, PS3, PC)
3) Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) - yeah, I've got Luigi climbing 3 spots from #6 in March to #3 in April
4) BioShock Infinite (360, PS3, PC)
5) Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, Wii U, PC) - holding steady at #5
6) NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC)

This is where it starts getting hard:

7) LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (3DS)
8) Defiance (360, PS3, PC)
9) MLB 13: The Show (PS3, PSV)
10) Just Dance 4 (Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U) - huge flameout for one-month wonders Tomb Raider, God of War: Ascension and Gears of War: Judgment

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...les-nosedive-25-percent-at-us-retail-in-april

13687395651.jpg

Seda

Xbox 360 maintained its position as the top console in the U.S. last month, selling more units than any other platform, according to new data from The NPD Group.

April also marked the 28th consecutive month that the Xbox 360 was the best-selling console in the U.S.

April highlights from NPD include:

· Holding 42 percent share of current-generation console sales, Xbox 360 sold 130,000 units in April, maintaining the number-one console spot in the U.S.

· Total retail spend on the Xbox 360 platform in April (hardware, software and accessories) reached $208 million, the most for any console in the U.S.

· During the month of April, Xbox 360 held six of the top 10 console game titles including: “NBA 2K13,” “Dead Island: Riptide,” “BioShock Infinite,” Defiance,” Injustice: Gods Among Us” and “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.”

Looking forward to next week, May 21 will mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment. On that day, Microsoft will hold a special press event on the Xbox Campus at 10 a.m. PT and we invite you to join us via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox LIVE, Xbox.com and Spike TV in the U.S. and Canada.

Then, at 9:30 a.m. PT on June 10, Microsoft will continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games at the Xbox E3 media briefing at The Galen Center in Los Angeles. The briefing will air live on Spike TV in the U.S. and Canada and on Xbox.com and Xbox LIVE globally.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft_blog/archive/2013/05/16/xbox-360-continues-its-roll-at-the-top-of-the-u-s-console-market.aspx

allan-bh

Top 10

01.Injustice: Gods Among Us (360, PS3, Wii U)
02.Dead Island: Riptide (360, PS3, PC)
03.Bioshock Infinite (360, PS3, PC)
04.Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
05.Defiance (360, PS3, PC)
06.Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
07.NBA 2k13 (360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC)
08.Skylanders Giants (Wii, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii U)
09.Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins (3DS)
10.MLB 13: The Show (PS3, Vita)

Top Bottom