• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 • Coming on PS3 Holiday 2013

Mascot

Great stuff. I have a Logitech wheel as well. I find that it's hard to motivate myself to go back to using a controller for any racing game once you've become used to a decent wheel/pedal setup. GT5 is a completely different game without one.

I actually went back through GT3 (and part of GT4) with my rig and found that they even hold up really well with the right gear. Bring on GT6!

GT, Forza, Shift... they are all vastly different games with a FFB wheel. The level of immersion you get with a good cockpit just cannot be matched with a gamepad. I bought the lightweight Microsoft FFB wheel for Forza 2 and fixed it to a little table I made. It was crap, but it was awesome. A real eye-opener, despite its limitations. When I got GT5 I bought a Playseat with a Logitec G27, then traded up to a Fanatec GT2 with Clubsport pedals so I could play Forza 3 on it as well. Drugstore Cowboy gifted me his spare sequential shifter for the GT2 in an unbelievably generous gesture that still humbles me to this day, then topped it by gifting me his spare h-pattern. Nailing a perfect sequence of high-speed clutched downshifts in a race-specc'd car with no assists... Man, videogaming just does not get any better.

If you have the room, if you have the funds, and if you love GT, or Forza, or Shift.. do not even think about it. Buy or build a racing cockpit, then thank me later.

And if self-build is your bag, then lose yourself in here for a few days: The Way I Play

GT, Forza, Shift... they are all vastly different games with a FFB wheel. The level of immersion you get with a good cockpit just cannot be matched with a gamepad. I bought the lightweight Microsoft FFB wheel for Forza 2 and fixed it to a little table I made. It was crap, but it was awesome. A real eye-opener, despite its limitations. When I got GT5 I bought a Playseat with a Logitec G27, then traded up to a Fanatec GT2 with Clubsport pedals so I could play Forza 3 on it as well. Drugstore Cowboy gifted me his spare sequential shifter for the GT2 in an unbelievably generous gesture that still humbles me to this day, then topped it by gifting me his spare h-pattern. Nailing a perfect sequence of high-speed clutched downshifts in a race-specc'd car with no assists... Man, videogaming just does not get any better.

If you have the room, if you have the funds, and if you love GT, or Forza, or Shift.. do not even think about it. Buy or build a racing cockpit, then thank me later.

And if self-build is your bag, then lose yourself in here for a few days: The Way I Play
This.
FFB wheel vs controller is night and day

I intend to upgrade my G27 to a Fanatac Clubsport (or whatever is well reviewed at the time) nextgen.

First and foremost, very few people in this thread want to be wrong about all of this initial disappointment more than me. I will regale in my own idiocy more than any of you ever could if it turns out all the bombas were being saved for E3. However, this isn’t my first dance and if PD's track record is anything to go on, they start with the over ambitious check lists and tend to cut more and more features from it the closer it gets to launch time, not the other way around. In addition, yesterday was probably the biggest GT unveiling event to date and one would assume they would want to generate all the buzz and momentum possible. I am aware of the assumptions I am making but I don't find them unreasonable. For me, increasing your car/track count and continuing to develop your physics engine does not get you a pass as being ambitious. Not even on consoles anymore since the arrival of proper racing sim competition. I will primarily focus on what steps could be made to better GT games within the framework they have set out. Ideally I would like to see them start with a clean slate but I am not going to just dream up pie in the sky shit, not without getting paid. I rather talk practical changes, moreover ones possible on PS3, they could make that would hopefully begin to set them apart again or get some momentum going in a fresh direction. I started typing out a more essay like response but it is too much to go over all of the things right and wrong with GT games so I will just do some basic bullet points of things I think they should add or improve and maybe discuss them more in depth after. It also goes without saying, I am not a game developer and even if I was one I don’t work for PD so I don’t see how this is my responsibility but nevertheless, some off the cuff ideas below.

Offline:
-Enhance the systems of car ownership. We get oil changes and car washes but take it further. Maybe those engine notes sound a little more rugged when your odometer is reading 65,000 opposed to 65? I don’t care if their damage system isn’t top notch, even as it stands, having your car persistently dented or damaged until you repair it would be awesome and you would care a lot more about it. That would be your car damaged, not some meaningless avatar of a car. Any asshole can slap a sticker and some racing stripes on their car but that doesn’t make it unique. What makes it unique is what you experience with the car and its history. No Ferrari 512BB will be the same as the one I won my first NGRL event in.
-Make tires persistent. Adjust the wear rates more accurately for the different classes and hardnesses of tires. If you want to slap racing slicks on a Civic for the Sunday Cup, it is going to cost a shit load and you will probably only be able to afford one races worth or tires. Yeah you lapped the entire field, but that success is short lived. This would help curve the issue of tires being put on cars in classes or configuration that makes no sense. If you just bought a 20,000 Cr. car to race with it seems pretty dumb to then drop 56,000 Cr. on tires for a race that only nets you 12,000 Cr.. Again GT had hints of this in GT5 with being able to just buy tires that stayed in stock until you equipped them but it was mostly pointless since you never burned through tires. In the later racing series style races, the tire cost would be covered by your team and not as big of a deal as when you first start out. Track days the tires are on you, Fernando Alonso is not paying for his racing slicks.
-Give us an actual garage. I took the time to earn and buy these cars, let me have them exist in the beautiful GT world. I want to feel like Jay Leno or at the very least an overrated rapper. System specs would dictate how many you could have, but if 16 cars can exist on track, at least let me have my personal garage of 16 cars I could see all at once. This enhances your feeling of ownership. I have had cars that I want to retire or keep as trophies. I want them in a pristine setting. Perhaps someday when admiring one you decide to take it for a spin and right there from the virtual garage you get into your favorite car, drive it out of the garage and into the the track selection screen, over even better yet, my next idea.
-Lengthy point to point roads. They could be randomly generated or a collection of roads to represent famous driving roads or areas around the world. I believe GT celebrates driving better than it does racing so why not play to its strengths. I would love to be able to get into a car and hit up a coastal road near sunset and drive uninterrupted for twenty minutes without any timer or points etc. Just enjoy the road and the car. Randomly generated would work well because most of the time people don’t have country roads memorized so that first time thrill and cautiousness would be there. Throw in the ability of your friends to jump in on your country drive and you can recreate moments from the most epic Top Gear episodes. Fingers crossed the GPS app thing can allow for something similar.
-Have B-Spec Bob part of your racing team. Get some team events going, help draft your teammate into the lead or fuck him over and pip him for the win at the last moment, aka pulling a Vettel. These team events with B-Spec Bob could easily integrate with online team races that still count toward you Aspec events
-Expand on the Grand Touring special events. This is one of the most promising little experiments in GT5. The NASCAR, Rally and Karting events were dull and insulting, but the idea of taking a car on a tour across different countries adds a level of immersion and helps blend driving with racing. Perhaps the regionally themed random point to point tracks mentioned above could link the different tracks in the area. Drive from Monza to Nordchliefe. ETS2 has a good simplified version of Euro regions and it works well. Give it the GT treatment it would probably be amazing.
-Do not include licenses that you don’t understand. The fact that there was a Top Gear track in GT5 with no Suzuki Liana, Chevy Lacetti or Kia Cee’d and worst of all, no standing start based time trials shows how much they missed the mark. I rather see one in depth use of say a Super GT license than a bunch of shit thrown at the wall that ends up being a detriment to the game despite it seeming like a bullet point win.
-Create special events or races that explore all of the things that can go wrong with cars and racing. Help drivers appreciate that new suspension upgrade they bought by putting them in a race where the suspension is shot to shit. How about having to hold on to the lead with completely bald tires? GT games seem to think the entirety of racing is starting from last and coming in first.

Online:
-Real time track days associated with their real world locations time and weather. GT5 hinted at this with the weather and time zone menu where you see famous tracks around the world and what conditions are like there currently. I should be able to click on Suzuka when it is 10pm and raining in Japan and I will be placed on a wet Suzuka track at 10pm. Their engine can already handles this, they just need to do it for all the real world tracks. The time of day is easy to get accurately, the weather doesn’t have to be exact, hell weather men get it wrong, but if it is three days of rain straight at Spa, perhaps the real-time track could be steady rain for most of the days.
-Regular track days. Pick a car and a track and just be paired up with randoms online. No points, just a time limit of the track day event. You could have a crazy mix of car classes but it gives a sense of the track being alive. People pulling in and out of the pits on their own, conversations going on between sessions. Again, not new, but with the visual fidelity of GT tracks, breathing some life into them could be huge. A lot of youtube videos of the Ring convey this liveliness. Whipping the shit out of an M3 when all of a sudden a fricking LMP car blasts by you.
-All of the persistent offline aspects of your car, the tire wear, damage, engine wear carry over online. You would think twice about racing like a dick if it ends up costing you more than you win.
-Race as the AI in other people’s single player games. A la Demon’s Souls, you can anonymously be thrown in to other people’s games as an opponent. Let the game set you with the exact car that fits the field, almost like shuffle races, but you are now enhancing the experience of the person grinding through Aspec. This could be enabled and disabled.
- Make the used car dealership truly online, add an auction house. Sadly this doesn’t fall under ambitious or new, but they need to do it.
-Hot seat endurance racing with your online friends. So obvious, needs to happen if they are going to keep 24 hour races in the game

This isn't supposed to be a "ha ha! Look I solved GT forever" post. It was implied that the limits of ambition besides revising physics and gfx systems and raising car counts on PS3 has been reached and I disagreed. I am just one person with out a team of developers at my desk and I feel like I suggested enough plausible ideas to show that PD's creativity is not restricted by the PS3. God damn I want the long point to point roads to just enjoy a drive on. I got goosebumps thinking about cruising down a windy coastal road with a online buddy in some old Ferraris.

Edit: typos

Snubbers

The Eurogamer video was high quality!

As for the other video of the decent drivers, the new physics is looking like a big change, and I'm quite hyped to get my hands on the demo in July..

I don't mean to jump on the bandwagon, but I've been splittting my time between Assetto Corsa and GT5 for the last week, and it's so so so clear that PD's vision and direction as a 'simulator' is rather flawed when compared to the vision and direction of PC Sims..

Would iRacing settle for screen tearing and poor audio and defend it by whacking out photomode shots and replays/videos that are all about the graphics??

I'll be all over GT6 day one, but GT is never going to get close to being my favourite driving game until they pull their heads out of their asses.. which is a shame.. a sandwich short of a picnic, lets hope one day I get to eat crow..

GT5 does not have same cars with different years. You are confusing different version of cars with different year or different version of cars with same year.

SL55 if i remember right had one standard and year older one both were named SL55 both looked identical but different year. The thing was that younger had v8 where older had different engine.

There are doubles since you can transfer any car from GT PSP to GT5 like Enzo which have both Standard model (which you can't buy) and Premium one.

That is not confirmation. Any modern TV with 1080p panel upscale source to 1080p. Native res is unknown.

No, it´s not his confusion, Lancer Evo III or IV (one of those) The R32, 33 and 34 which all can be found in their standard counterparts... if you have all cars in your garage you can easilly see this.

saladine1

Offline:
-Enhance the systems of car ownership. We get oil changes and car washes but take it further. Maybe those engine notes sound a little more rugged when your odometer is reading 65,000 opposed to 65? I don’t care if their damage system isn’t top notch, even as it stands, having your car persistently dented or damaged until you repair it would be awesome and you would care a lot more about it. That would be your car damaged, not some meaningless avatar of a car. Any asshole can slap a sticker and some racing stripes on their car but that doesn’t make it unique. What makes it unique is what you experience with the car and its history. No Ferrari 51BB will be the same as the one I won my first NGRL event in.
-Make tires persistent. Adjust the wear rates more accurately for the different classes and hardnesses of tires. If you want to slap racing slicks on a Civic for the Sunday Cup, it is going to cost a shit load and you will probably only be able to afford one races worth or tires. Yeah you lapped the entire field, but that success is short lived. This would help curve the issue of tires being put on cars in classes or configuration that makes no sense. If you just bought a 20,000 Cr. car to race with it seems pretty dumb to then drop 56,000 Cr. on tires for a race that only nets you 12,000 Cr.. Again GT had hints of this in GT5 with being able to just buy tires that stayed in stock until you equipped them but it was mostly pointless since you never burned through tires. In the later racing series style races, the tire cost would be covered by your team and not as big of a deal as when you first start out. Track days the tires are on you, Fernando Alonso is not paying for his racing slicks.
-Give us an actual garage. I took the time to earn and buy these cars, let me have them exist in the beautiful GT world. I want to feel like Jay Leno or at the very least an overrated rapper. System specs would dictate how many you could have, but if 16 cars can exist on track, at least let me have my personal garage of 16 cars I could see all at once. This enhances your feeling of ownership. I have had cars that I want to retire or keep as trophies. I want them in a pristine setting. Perhaps someday when admiring one you decide to take it for a spin and right there from the virtual garage you get into your favorite car, drive it out of the garage and into the the track selection screen, over even better yet, my next idea.
-Lengthy point to point roads. They could be randomly generated or a collection of roads to represent famous driving roads or areas around the world. I believe GT celebrates driving better than it does racing so why not play to its strengths. I would love to be able to get into a car and hit up a coastal road near sunset and drive uninterrupted for twenty minutes without any timer or points etc. Just enjoy the road and the car. Randomly generated would work well because most of the time people don’t have country roads memorized so that first time thrill and cautiousness would be there. Throw in the ability of your friends to jump in on your country drive and you can recreate moments from the best epic Top Gear episodes. Fingers crossed the GPS app thing can allow for something similar.
-Have B-Spec Bob part of your racing team. Get some team events going, help draft your teammate into the lead or fuck him over and pip him for the win at the last moment, aka pulling a Vettel. These team events with B-Spec Bob could easily integrate with online team races that still count toward you Aspec events
-Expand on the Grand Touring special events. This is one of the most promising little experiments in GT5. The NASCAR, Rally and Karting events were dull and insulting, but the idea of taking a car on a tour across different countries adds a level of immersion and helps blend driving with racing. Perhaps the regionally themed random point to point tracks mentioned above could link the different tracks in the area. Drive from Monza to Nordchliefe. ETS2 has a good simplified version of Euro regions and it works well. Give it the GT treatment it would probably be amazing.
-Do not include licenses that you don’t understand. The fact that there was a Top Gear track in GT5 with no Suzuki Liana, Chevy Lacetti or Kia Cee’d and worst of all, no standing start based time trials shows how much they missed the mark. I rather see one in depth use of say a Super GT license than a bunch of shit thrown at the wall that ends up being a detriment to the game despite it seeming like a bullet point win.
-Create special events or races that explore all of the things that can go wrong with cars and racing. Help drivers appreciate that new suspension upgrade they bought by putting them in a race where the suspension is shot to shit. How about having to hold on to the lead with completely bald tires? GT games seem to think the entirety of racing is starting from last and coming in first.
Would love to see all of that!

I really do hope PD has a few surprises up their sleeves for E3. I want to see these type of features in the game. It would have been nice to see these examples announced at the event. A sort of 'wow, OMG' moment. But alas...

I'm really curious to see how they have improved on the customization/upgrades/tuning. A fully fledged dyno would be more than welcome too!

5lz67paka2r.jpg

af7jp2v6zu5.jpg

The surface area doesn't look very big here if we apply the distance to the mountains in all directions, I'll be pissed if I can't GPS a 100 mile point to point route. It looks fucking hot though, can't wait to see what other themes they've made.

I want the Alps, Woodland, Desert, Coastline, Countryside.

Perkel

Banned
The Eurogamer video was high quality!

As for the other video of the decent drivers, the new physics is looking like a big change, and I'm quite hyped to get my hands on the demo in July..

I don't mean to jump on the bandwagon, but I've been splittting my time between Assetto Corsa and GT5 for the last week, and it's so so so clear that PD's vision and direction as a 'simulator' is rather flawed when compared to the vision and direction of PC Sims..

Would iRacing settle for screen tearing and poor audio and defend it by whacking out photomode shots and replays/videos that are all about the graphics??

I'll be all over GT6 day one, but GT is never going to get close to being my favourite driving game until they pull their heads out of their asses.. which is a shame.. a sandwich short of a picnic, lets hope one day I get to eat crow..

All of PC racing sims consist mostly of few cars and few cars. There isn't really any problem to create physic model for only few cars (if we could say that from development point of view not from poster point of view). GT delivers tons of cars and they all need to have one physic engine that is used for all cars. This means it is very complex and it is much harder to produce game with good physic model which has ton of cars.

But progress is made with every Forza/GT iteration. We already saw GT and Forza did mayor jump from GT4/Forza (which were semi sim in comparison to top) to sim level not top but sim.

With changing level of physic simulation they also need to introduce better assist because not all people enjoy best simulation where they can't even do one clear lap so that also takes time to develop.

I am preaty sure that when next gen games will hit sim racing will have strong contenders from both PC and Console side.

First and foremost, very few people in this thread want to be wrong about all of this initial disappointment more than me. I will regale in my own idiocy more than any of you ever could if it turns out all the bombas were being saved for E3. However, this isn’t my first dance and if PD's track record is anything to go on, they start with the over ambitious check lists and tend to cut more and more features from it the closer it gets to launch time, not the other way around. In addition, yesterday was probably the biggest GT unveiling event to date and one would assume they would want to generate all the buzz and momentum possible. I am aware of the assumptions I am making but I don't find them unreasonable. For me, increasing your car/track count and continuing to develop your physics engine does not get you a pass as being ambitious. Not even on consoles anymore since the arrival of proper racing sim competition. I will primarily focus on what steps could be made to better GT games within the framework they have set out. Ideally I would like to see them start with a clean slate but I am not going to just dream up pie in the sky shit, not without getting paid. I rather talk practical changes, moreover ones possible on PS3, they could make that would hopefully begin to set them apart again or get some momentum going in a fresh direction. I started typing out a more essay like response but it is too much to go over all of the things right and wrong with GT games so I will just do some basic bullet points of things I think they should add or improve and maybe discuss them more in depth after. It also goes without saying, I am not a game developer and even if I was one I don’t work for PD so I don’t see how this is my responsibility but nevertheless, some off the cuff ideas below.

Now way they were about 100 or so Journalist there which is small compare to where GT normal gets show off like E3 , Games Con or TGS.
As for you list that is some good stuff there but half of them far from being ambitious .

Now way they were about 100 or so Journalist there which small compare to where GT normal get show off like E3 , Games Con or TGS.

E3 isn't just a GT unveiling event. I meant yesterday was the biggest GT only unveiling event. It was GT and nothing else. E3 is where you show the hot sex trailers and graphics, like they have done in the past. The huge check list of minutia only the dedicated GT fans would ever care about would have been perfect for a setting like yesterday. They were at a fricking race track surrounded by car porn. Again, it requires an assumption, but holding the majority of your hand to your chest after hyping a huge event like that does not make sense. If I recall correctly the monster list of GT5 features that never happened that make the forum rounds did not take place at E3.

Edit: I am the first one to admit that not everything I suggested is ambitious or interesting to most. I was being challenged that virtually all the ideas have been exhausted for GT on PS3 and that what has been revealed about GT6 on the PS3 is the limitation of creativity possible on that hardware.

E3 isn't just a GT unveiling event. E3 is where you show the hot sex trailers and graphics, like they have done in the past. The huge check list of minutia only the dedicated GT fans would ever care about would have been perfect for a setting like yesterday. They were at a fricking race track surrounded by car porn. Again, it requires an assumption, but holding the majority of your hand to your chest after hyping a huge event like that does not make sense. If I recall correctly the monster list of GT5 features that never happened that make the forum rounds did not take place at E3.

You mean GT HD that was done at a TGS if i remember correct .

E3 isn't just a GT unveiling event. I meant yesterday was the biggest GT only unveiling event. It was GT and nothing else. E3 is where you show the hot sex trailers and graphics, like they have done in the past. The huge check list of minutia only the dedicated GT fans would ever care about would have been perfect for a setting like yesterday. They were at a fricking race track surrounded by car porn. Again, it requires an assumption, but holding the majority of your hand to your chest after hyping a huge event like that does not make sense. If I recall correctly the monster list of GT5 features that never happened that make the forum rounds did not take place at E3.

Edit: I am the first one to admit that not everything I suggested is ambitious or interesting to most. I was being challenged that virtually all the ideas have been exhausted for GT on PS3 and that what has been revealed about GT6 on the PS3 is the limitation of creativity possible on that hardware.

To be fair, we got some of the most important features for GT5 revealed at E3 and TGS, which was Day/Night Cycle and Weather. I'm sure they're saving some very important stuff for those events. And GamesCon too.

coldfoot

Banned
So, the way I interpret 1200 cars is the 1000 cars from GT5 + 200 new premium cars, sound right? So 800 standards and 400 premiums?

Offline:
-Enhance the systems of car ownership. We get oil changes and car washes but take it further. Maybe those engine notes sound a little more rugged when your odometer is reading 65,000 opposed to 65? I don’t care if their damage system isn’t top notch, even as it stands, having your car persistently dented or damaged until you repair it would be awesome and you would care a lot more about it. That would be your car damaged, not some meaningless avatar of a car. Any asshole can slap a sticker and some racing stripes on their car but that doesn’t make it unique. What makes it unique is what you experience with the car and its history. No Ferrari 512BB will be the same as the one I won my first NGRL event in.
-Lengthy point to point roads. They could be randomly generated or a collection of roads to represent famous driving roads or areas around the world. I believe GT celebrates driving better than it does racing so why not play to its strengths. I would love to be able to get into a car and hit up a coastal road near sunset and drive uninterrupted for twenty minutes without any timer or points etc. Just enjoy the road and the car. Randomly generated would work well because most of the time people don’t have country roads memorized so that first time thrill and cautiousness would be there. Throw in the ability of your friends to jump in on your country drive and you can recreate moments from the most epic Top Gear episodes. Fingers crossed the GPS app thing can allow for something similar.

Online:
-Real time track days associated with their real world locations time and weather. GT5 hinted at this with the weather and time zone menu where you see famous tracks around the world and what conditions are like there currently. I should be able to click on Suzuka when it is 10pm and raining in Japan and I will be placed on a wet Suzuka track at 10pm. Their engine can already handles this, they just need to do it for all the real world tracks. The time of day is easy to get accurately, the weather doesn’t have to be exact, hell weather men get it wrong, but if it is three days of rain straight at Spa, perhaps the real-time track could be steady rain for most of the days.
-Regular track days. Pick a car and a track and just be paired up with randoms online. No points, just a time limit of the track day event. You could have a crazy mix of car classes but it gives a sense of the track being alive. People pulling in and out of the pits on their own, conversations going on between sessions. Again, not new, but with the visual fidelity of GT tracks, breathing some life into them could be huge. A lot of youtube videos of the Ring convey this liveliness. Whipping the shit out of an M3 when all of a sudden a fricking LMP car blasts by you.
-All of the persistent offline aspects of your car, the tire wear, damage, engine wear carry over online. You would think twice about racing like a dick if it ends up costing you more than you win.
-Race as the AI in other people’s single player games. A la Demon’s Souls, you can anonymously be thrown in to other people’s games as an opponent. Let the game set you with the exact car that fits the field, almost like shuffle races, but you are now enhancing the experience of the person grinding through Aspec. This could be enabled and disabled.
- Make the used car dealership truly online, add an auction house. Sadly this doesn’t fall under ambitious or new, but they need to do it.
-Hot seat endurance racing with your online friends. So obvious, needs to happen if they are going to keep 24 hour races in the game

This isn't supposed to be a "ha ha! Look I solved GT forever" post. It was implied that the limits of ambition besides revising physics and gfx systems and raising car counts on PS3 has been reached and I disagreed. I am just one person with out a team of developers at my desk and I feel like I suggested enough plausible ideas to show that PD's creativity is not restricted by the PS3. God damn I want the long point to point roads to just enjoy a drive on. I got goosebumps thinking about cruising down a windy coastal road with a online buddy in some old Ferraris.

Edit: typos

Some of these would be awesome.

So, the way I interpret 1200 cars is the 1000 cars from GT5 + 200 new premium cars, sound right? So 800 standards and 400 premiums?

Possibly a bit more premiums from cars that saw a Standard > Premium upgrade or even some standards that could be removed. But yeah it'll be pretty much that.

evolution

They have slowly been crossing things off the list they showed years ago. The only thing they haven't implemented so far is the livery editor I think.

spisho

Neo Member
gutterboy44
Offline:

Online:

vs.

gutterboy44
I will be the first to say, "fuck yes!" if PD drops the E3 bombas and unveils a wildly different career mode, crazy integration between online and offline races, a visionary combination of smartphones and tablets and GT games. But it all feels the same. Remember the huge web based B-Spec mode integration? Lofty promise, came up short. Remember the track editor in GT5? Lofty promise, came up short. Remember the all new sounds for GT5? Lofty promise, came up short. What about GT TV, NASCAR, Top Gear and WRC in GT5? Are you getting the pattern here?

Gestault

They have slowly been crossing things off the list they showed years ago. The only thing they haven't implemented so far is the livery editor I think.

There are a lot I remember that aren't in there. The automatic Youtube upload for replay footage, real world location-based track conditions, a real track editor, etc.

The surface area doesn't look very big here if we apply the distance to the mountains in all directions, I'll be pissed if I can't GPS a 100 mile point to point route. It looks fucking hot though, can't wait to see what other themes they've made.

I´m afraid that´s one of the things that it is hardware constrained.

I don´t think the PS3 has enough memory to hold such long point to point routes. I would love it too, but i don´t think they can on PS3.

Cock of War

5lz67paka2r.jpg

af7jp2v6zu5.jpg

If I remember correctly Kaz specifically mentioned several 10's of square kilometers (10 square kilometers = 3.86 square miles)

gutterboy44

vs.

gutterboy44

Your point? Both opinions and sentiments are congruous. In fact, the second quote is reiterated in the intro to the first quote. There is a distinct pattern of disappointment and half realized promises from PD with their continuation of the GT franchise. It still could happen, but if I was a betting man, the odds are not looking good.

AndyD

aka andydumi
If I remember correctly Kaz specifically mentioned several 10's of square kilometers (10 square kilometers = 3.86 square miles)

Yep. So a 30 square km area is about 11 square miles, could conceivably have a 20-40km or 5-15 mile long track within it.

But as said above I think the memory constraints are going to be more limiting than we think. Unless it is just one car in a bare environment that is stream loaded, which is acceptable for a rally type point to point long race (quarter mile wide and 20 miles long).

Top Bottom