• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mawaru Made in Wario Import Questions

mumu

#1 Is it coming to US/EU at all?
#2 I heard there are some games that require you to know basic kanji :/
#3 How does it compare to the first? I absolutely loved the first one, but i'm thinking that the new controle style might be a bit akward :/

mrklaw

MrArseFace
good fun, but a bit simple. No idea if its coming out in the EU/US yet.

A few games that require some kana/hiragana knowledge/vocab, but not kanji

#1: I do not know.
#2: I don't recall any kanji, but some do require basic hiragana.
#3: Seems a lot easier overall, but there are about a billion things to unlock. Most of them are briefly amusing, but some of the "gba" games are fun (Nekoroid!!!)

mumu

Do they still have the unlockable bears? The elevator like stages i mean, especially the one where you got only one life and it gets incredibly fast after while, i played it to death.

Unison

I would imagine they would at least give the DS version a few months before releasing it... I wouldn't expect it until the middle of next year at least...

There are elevator stages, but I haven't unlocked the hard one yet (if it's there, I'm guessing it is). I have three yet to unlock, so it's probable.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
any good unlock guides? I've completed the main game, but the little robot guy on the far right in the minigames still has one game unavailable. Also, how do you get the cool bonus games?

GameFAQs maybe? I dunno, I haven't checked since the game came out.

The little yellow dude's games are kind of tricky to unlock; they're randomly inserted into the other characters' levels (I can't confirm this 100%, but it seems to be the case), so just keep playing though various stages until you get them all.

To unlock the bonus games and other miscellaneous things, just play through any character's stage repeatedly. Every time you complete a boss stage you'll earn a random unlockable.

Blackbird

the game isn't officially announced yet for a US/EU release, but is already known for about a month or 2 as "Wario Ware Twist".

mumu

So a release outside of JP is basically confirmed, just with no date yet? Oh well i guess i can wait another month or two. What's taking them so long anyway, there isn't really much to translate. Maybe i'll get a JP one anyway because of the sweet looking box :)

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
The game is fun. Crazy fun.
It's also pretty easy since the control scheme is so limited.

Yeah, there are four or so minigames that require you to know japanese. One does require kanji but mostly just requires you to know the difference between kanji, hiragana, and katakana. I imagine you can probably figure all of these out by trial and error eventually if you don't know Japanese.

I have it on good authority that the game is coming to America, but I can't confirm it with any sort of traceable source, nor do I have any idea when it would be released. The DS game is coming out Q1 2005, though.

mumu said:
#1 Is it coming to US/EU at all?
#2 I heard there are some games that require you to know basic kanji :/
#3 How does it compare to the first? I absolutely loved the first one, but i'm thinking that the new controle style might be a bit akward :/

1) I'd say there is a very good chance.

2) Perhaps, but some did for the original Wario Ware, can you can stumble through them pretty easily. There are a very few microgames that rely on kanji. Who knows, you might even learn some!

3) The game is absolutly excellent. I just wrote my review, and it'll be up probably tomorrow on PlanetGameCube.com. I gave it an excellent score. It's equally as fun, or possibly more fun, than the original.

Ozchin

Although you can probably figure most of the games out without having to read the "What to do" text, there are a fair amount of word-games that will require some knowledge of Japanese. For example, there are 4 characters on the screen (Hiragana, Katakana, Kanji and Roman Characters). Each of the characters is a different color. Somtimes you will be asked to point to the RED one, other times you will be asked to point to the KANJI character.

The 1-banana elevator game is still in there... it is HARD. You have to beat that level in order to unlock the last character.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I think its coming, probably early next year along with/before jungle beat and Konga disc. 2 ;)

I think they want to give DS a bit of a window here.

I really think that despite the lack of sales of the first game, it would be rather disappointing to not get the release of this one. It looks like quite a lot of fun, and it's definitely a true sequel. All new mini-games and none of this "games with a different skin" Mario Party-syndrome. If we're going to be getting Wario Ware DS, I really think we should get this one as well. The first Wario Ware definitely seems like the greatest of all the GBA games, in my eyes.

Top Bottom