• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield is getting DLSS support

Topher

Gold Member
Also, FOV, Ultrawide monitor, and HDR calibration

Starfield Updates and Mod Support – September 13, 2023
First, an enormous thank you to all of you playing Starfield and your support. We are absolutely blown away by the response and all you love about the game. We’re also reading all your great feedback on what you’d like to see improved or added to the game. This is a game we’ll be supporting for years and years to come, so please keep all the feedback coming! Even if we don’t get to your requests immediately, we’d love to do it in the future, like city maps. Our priority initially is making sure any top blocker bugs or stability issues are addressed, and adding quality-of-life features that many are asking for.

This first update is a small hotfix targeted at the few top issues were are seeing. After that, expect a regular interval of updates that have top community requested features including:
  • Brightness and Contrast controls
  • HDR Calibration Menu
  • FOV Slider
  • Nvidia DLSS Support (PC)
  • 32:9 Ultrawide Monitor Support (PC)
  • Eat button for food!
We’re also working closely with Nvidia, AMD, and Intel on driver support, and each update will include new stability and performance improvements.

Additionally, we are working on our built-in mod support (Creations) that will work across all platforms similar to what we’ve done with Skyrim and Fallout 4. This full support is planned to launch early next year. Until then, we know our PC community is already very active in the modding space and if you have any feedback on how we can make this better, please let us know . Modding and creating in our games will always be a vital and important part of who we are, and we love seeing the community get off to such a strong start.

Keep the feedback coming, we really do read it all, and thank you all again for taking this journey with us!

Bethesda Game Studios

Good News Yes GIF by Bounce

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

I appreciate it but I'm almost already at the end of my time with Starfield. For those who may jump in a bit later this will be great. Sucks that modders have to constantly apply pressure to these huge studios to put in basic features that most gamers want on PC. at launch, not weeks or even months later.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Yeah, should have been there day one, but you'll need some receipts to say "most" folks that got it day one already finished it. Plenty of us in the OT are still going strong.
What I mean is the 300 000 players at launch won't be the same that are playing now, and there players that have finished the game and still playing

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Man why is everyone so negative towards this game? It seems like a cool game to me so far.
The hype level was through the roof. People were expecting it to be a landmark title in the same vein as BOTW or Elden Ring. First new Bethesda IP in 25 years, Skyrim in space (one of the most influential games of the past 15 years), and the big game that was supposed to mark the beginning of a new era for Xbox. Instead, it seems to be a pretty good game that falls short in a lot of areas. Many are pissed because it didn't come close to live up to the astronomical hype.

Cyberpunkd

DLSS support should have been there from the start. Why are AAA games still shipping without supporting all three upscaling solutions?
You know the answer to that - sponsorship money. You always plan to ship all solutions, but maybe you can get convinced to delay some of them a week or two..

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Man why is everyone so negative towards this game? It seems like a cool game to me so far.
Just wait after a few months or few years and it will be like Cyberpunk heavily improved and mod support in 2024

But the game for now has alot of flaws mainly because of the outdated engine

Reactions: GHG

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You know the answer to that - sponsorship money. You always plan to ship all solutions, but maybe you can get convinced to delay some of them a week or two..

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+
AMD called them out saying they had no such stipulation in the agreement.

This more than likely comes down to prioritizing getting this thing out the door to be the least broken possible. And since the consoles are AMD, they will just "optimize" for that first.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
astronomical hype.
Ayyy

Well that’s a shame. I guess it’s because I never cared about Bethesda games in the first place, so Starfield was never on my list of anticipated games. But I’m pleasantly surprised by Starfield so far. It’s pretty fun. Been playing on console and PC (with the DLSS mod).

twilo99

A LOT of those and I do mean A LOT were Game Pass customers. If I were a betting man, I'd say BG3 made a lot more money than Starfield which really shouldn't happen.

Why shouldn’t it happen? BG3 is a great game and it deserves all the success it’s had so far.

I’m willing to bet that nothing will top BG3 for a long time..

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Why shouldn’t it happen? BG3 is a great game and it deserves all the success it’s had so far.

I’m willing to bet that nothing will top BG3 for a long time..
A multi-trillion dollar megacorp backing a major AAA dev with some of the most successful games in the past 2 decades has no business playing second fiddle to what essentially amounts to a super indie dev. I barely touched Starfield and am 130 hours into Baldur's Gate III now, but Starfield should have been a lot better than this. I just don't see where this massive budget went.

twilo99

Ayyy

Well that’s a shame. I guess it’s because I never cared about Bethesda games in the first place, so Starfield was never on my list of anticipated games. But I’m pleasantly surprised by Starfield so far. It’s pretty fun. Been playing on console and PC (with the DLSS mod).

Blasphemy!

People will think you are a paid shill with such exotic statements.

Going by the posts in this thread I think people would rather be talking about Baulders Gate 3.
It's the golden child currently that all games must be measured by for now and the future. If your game can't beat Baulder Gate 3 in sales or reviews.
Your just a fart in the wind compared to the golden child

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:
Top Bottom