• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive announced for Xbox one, from INSOMNIAC

Hope it turns out better then Fuse.. and resistance... and the last few ratchet games.

But its still Insomniac so I will keep a eye on it.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Are they retaining the IP for this one? I assume that's part of the benefit of switching to working with MS for them.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Looked really good, and Inskmniac is one of my favorite developers, but until MS changes their policies, I regrettably pass. Sorry, Insomniac!

Anyone else feel kind of betrayed by this? I've always associated Insomniac with Sony. I hope this doesn't mean we won't see another Ratchet and Clank..

This game has caught my attention in a good way. And there is the first thing I've had to say regarding this system as I've been waiting to hear about games.

Espada

Anyone else feel kind of betrayed by this? I've always associated Insomniac with Sony. I hope this doesn't mean we won't see another Ratchet and Clank..

We haven't gotten a full blow R&C game since ACiT, and with Insomniac shifting their attention to Sunset Overdrive, I doubt we'll be getting another major entry.

Anyways, this looks promising. I'm really happy to see Insomniac return to a brighter color palette and more stylized visuals. They've still got the weapon magic, too.

Betrayed? No. I love Insomniac and wish them the best with the XB1 game. I sadly will not be able to play the game as I have no desire to buy an XB1. :(

Superflat

Probably my favorite presentation in the whole conference, along with Project Spark. Yeah, CG trailer/no gameplay and all that but the art style and tone was seriously what MS sorely needed to showcase. Looks like it could be super fun.

Pls don't become another FUSE.

Trailer looked pretty cool, but no way I'm getting an XBox One. Maybe if it eventually comes to other platforms.

Surprised this idea flew while Overstrike had to change.

Empty

little bit jet set radio but with its own feel. love it.

with all the orange they can reuse the fuse boxart

Looked OK. If it's as good as Ratchet, I'll buy an Xbone for it. But Insomniac have something to prove after Fuse, so I'll wait and see.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
5JYSJXw.png
I'm sure many of us thought this. Reminded me of the Overstrike trailer.

Permanently A

It was a CG trailer. No point in discussing it really. The world and environment looked cool and kind of reminded me of Overstrike but without gameplay I can't make any judgements.

Empty

I thought Ted Price wanted to get out of exclusives? Or did that change after a check was written?

how many publishers are courting them after fuse though. they own the ip, unlike with sony, and they get to make a game that's in their style, it really sucks for fans of insomniac (like me) who've followed them on playstation, but i sort of understand.

Drek

So, Microsoft console exclusive or coming to PS4 as well?

Its being published by MS. It's exclusive at least for a good long time. They could potentially go multi with the sequel but I'm sure MS has some kind of option they can exercise.

My personal take: No gameplay is incredibly disappointing, suggests that it's a ways off from completion and gives us very little idea what the final game might look or play like. Style doesn't strike my fancy, maybe Gameplay could change that.

That said, I'm not getting Xboned so I'll be passing anyhow. Have the distinct impression this is going to be Lesson #2 for Insomniac as to why exactly they moved a million plus units on Sony platforms.

VanWinkle

I thought they were done with exclusives.

I guess famousmortimer was right when he said that he heard Insomniac didn't even own PS4 dev kits.

Drek

People assumed Sly was dead after Sucker Punch had success with Infamous. Then Sanzaru did the HD collection and a very strong fourth entry. They also did the same with Hot Shots Golf/Everybody's Golf when Camelot went to Nintendo and Clap Hanz picked the franchise up without missing a beat. Sony seems to "get" their franchises pretty well and select the right studios to pick them up.

Top Bottom