• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did the Nintendo Direct convince anyone else to sell their Wii U?

Dantis

It's hardly a secret that I dislike my Wii U, but I really saw E3 as the final chance for Nintendo to impress me before I get rid of it, and they didn't. So I'm selling it today.

Does anyone else feel the same way? I think for a long time people said "There are no games yet because it's too soon", but we're now over half a year in, and aware of releases for the rest of the year, and we still have no interesting uses of the GamePad (ZombieU, maybe? I dunno), complete lack of third party support and some incredibly uninspiring Nintendo titles (Mario 3D World was a real bummer).

It's time to cut my losses and run.

hoserx

I was upset for a bit..........and I guess I wish there were more games coming sooner than later, but I'm not going to sell it. This current drought is a bit outrageous, though.

Um, no?

The holiday is going to be packed with great Wii U games. Why would I sell my Wii U when I have, starting from August, Super Luigi U (retail version), Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD, Donkey Kong, Sonic Lost World, and Mario 3D World? And then in 2014, X, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart.

I don't understand why anyone would sell their Wii U after Nintendo's showing, even if the overall presentation was underwhelming.

Yeah, can't believe they turned Bayonetta in to a butch dyke. Then they go and mock Smash Brothers fans with that Wii Fit bullshit. As if the lazy 3D Land port wasn't enough of a dump all over us.

I couldn't even bother to sell the damn thing. Took to it with an axe.

Mik2121

It actually gave me a reason to keep mine (Zelda WW HD, Mario 3D World, Mario Kart and Smash Bros).

Sure, I won't be playing it much, but still..

Yeah, can't believe they turned Bayonetta in to a butch dyke. Then they go and mock Smash Brothers fans with that Wii Fit bullshit. As if the lazy 3D Land port wasn't enough of a dump all over us.

are you fucking serious

Not at all. There were at least 5 must haves in that Direct for me.

You have to ask yourself why you even bought one in the first place.

The Mario game looked really good. From a gameplay perspective, the tiny bit we've seen looked a bit stale, but it's a tiny bit of the game. I'm sure that even if it turned out to be uninspired, it would STILL be one of the best platformers.

I bought the WiiU for first party Nintendo games. And that's what i'll be getting.
Cause they are always top quality games and a lot of fun. Any third party exclusive that is great is a bonus. And there are allready a few..

For all my other fixes, there is the PS4.

Come on son...

ItalianArmor

Neo Member
I enjoyed the direct, by the end of the year the Wii U will have W101, Pikmin 3, Windwaker HD, Mario 3D World, and Game and Wario. That's enough games to hold me, personally, over till 2014. Nintendo consoles have essentially become Nintendo game boxes, but their games are quality enough for me to be satisfied with that alone.

Can't wait for X, SSBB, Bayonetta, and Mario Kart next year though!

NotLiquid

No. Complete opposite in fact. In terms of first party quality I couldn't be happier owning mine, all of the games look fantastic. I really enjoyed the presentation.

entremet

The opposite for me.

I don't know why bought a Wii U in the first place, OP. Nintendo consoles have been about 1st party since the n64. PC/PS4/XB1 is what you need if you want some better 3rd party stuff.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It showed me that my wii u will be slightly less dusty for a brief period later this year and then go back into hibernation until random 2014 dates.

dokish

Banned
Mario 3D World looks like a load of fun. If anything, I'll be picking a Wii U up on the cheap at some point.

I'm with you.

I'm probably gonna pick in this order: PS4 > Wii U > Xbox One

MS did so many fucked up shit that I'm don't wanna support them at all. Let's see what exclusives the Xbox gets.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It's hardly a secret that I dislike my Wii U, but I really saw E3 as the final chance for Nintendo to impress me before I get rid of it, and they didn't. So I'm selling it today.

Does anyone else feel the same way? I think for a long time people said "There are no games yet because it's too soon", but we're now over half a year in, and aware of releases for the rest of the year, and we still have no interesting uses of the GamePad (ZombieU, maybe? I dunno), complete lack of third party support and some incredibly uninspiring Nintendo titles (Mario 3D World was a real bummer).

It's time to cut my losses and run.

+

Convinced me to pick one up... and that not many other people will. :(

= Problem solved. PM him your details and get over it, op.

I for one am very excited about a lot of the games that were shown, although I had other hopes for 3D mario and Retro.

Certainly not, all I know is all the games I will want to play will be there when I eventually get one in a couple years time.

Goodlife

Not even close.

Bit gutted about DK and Mario 3D.

But Mario Kart in particular blew me away.
Can't wait for that now.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
It's funny, I've been thinking about how it's high time I bought the console. Line up looks fantastic and only getting better.

So.

No.

Yeah in 2014

Are you fucking kidding me

Ban Puncher

7HjKd.gif

No.

Amir0x

Banned
Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, X and Wonderful 101 are still coming, as are Zelda. And even though I can't get excited for Super Mario 3D World or whatever it's called, I still want to keep myself open to the idea it might surprise me.

Edit: Box of Bunnies has to be kidding, right? He even has a Bayo 2 avatar!?

KissVibes

Banned
It sure as fuck didn't convince me to buy one yet. I was hoping for something truly exciting from Nintendo but everything was so standard. I really don't give a shit about the new Mario. It doesn't look ANYWHERE as imaginative as Galaxy. Seriously, what the fuck? It looks lazy.

I'd edit that if I were you.

Why do this? Why tell him to do something if you're going to quote the thing he should edit out?

mclem

Sell? I'm a collector, the idea's anathema to me, and even if I wasn't, there will still be games I want to play.

Am seriously considering a PS4 at launch, though, and I rarely purchase launch consoles.

are you fucking serious

Given the last line, I'm going to hazard a guess at no.

gogogow

Uninspiring titles?

But if Nintendo showed Galaxy 3 it would be inspiring? I didn't expect Retro to do DKC, but surely most people wouldn't ditch or not buy a Wii U because of one game. DKC is releasing this year. Retro is most likely already working on their next game anyway.

I'm not saying all the games Nintendo showed were original and all, but it was pretty well known what would be shown and "next-gen" really isn't all that. I'm pretty dissapointed by the PS4 and Xbone offerings. It's 95% shooters, shooters and more shooters. While the graphics are great and all, but it feels just as "been there done that", like some people keep saying about Nintendo "rehashing" their franchises.

Dantis

Wow, I was way off. I genuinely didn't think people would respond to it this positively. Maybe it would have been more interesting to ask if the Direct convinced anyone to buy a Wii U (Though I imagine that thread already exists)?

Are you fucking kidding me

I am fairly sure that whole post is a joke.

Ashler

Yeah, I was really disappointed. Besides WindWaker and Bayonetta 2, there is no game i'm even slightly looking forward too.

I Was expecting more from Nintendo, especially with the next gen consoles around the corner. They seem a bit lost to me.

I regret buying my Wii U. If I was to get atleast 85% of the money I put into it than I would sell it. But I probably won't get that, so I rather just keep it.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Huh? It actually made me consider getting one now. The list of exclusives starts to hit the tipping point for me

New Super Mario Bros U
New Super Luigi U
Super Mario 3D World
Pikmin 3
Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Game & Wario
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2
Lego City Undercover
Super Smash Bros
Mario Kart 8
Zombi U
X

spliced

Nintendo are gonna be releasing a bunch of Nintendo-ish games. I don't understand why you would get a Wii U in the first place if you don't like what was shown.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
What ? No, it actually convinced me to buy one. Was waiting for a price drop though.

I have to play Bayonetta 2 when it's out. Also Mario Kart, and all the other good stuff.

Top Bottom