• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt screens

Dawg

image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-22370-2651_0003.jpg

image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-22370-2651_0002.jpg

image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-22370-2651_0001.jpg

image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-22370-2651_0004.jpg

image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-22370-2651_0005.jpg

image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-22370-2651_0006.jpg

image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-22370-2651_0007.jpg

image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-22370-2651_0008.jpg

image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-22370-2651_0009.jpg

Please, if anyone is kind enough to help me..

I am ready to start playing Witcher 2, without having played the first game.

Could i read some summary, plot points, lore, whatever of the first game, so as to feel more prepared for the second game?

Thanx and sorry for the off topic...

On topic, the game looks stunning!!!Now to see where will I play it!:)

Seance

Banned
The world is bigger than Skyrim and it looks this beautiful? This could be the ultimate RPG:

-Massive and rich open world
-Stunning visuals
-Realistic animation
-Excellent combat
-Brilliant story and characters

If the characters are as good as the Witcher 2 and the story and combat are improved, this will be my GOAT game.

Please, if anyone is kind enough to help me..

I am ready to start playing Witcher 2, without having played the first game.

Could i read some summary, plot points, lore, whatever of the first game, so as to feel more prepared for the second game?

Thanx and sorry for the off topic...

On topic, the game looks stunning!!!Now to see where will I play it!:)

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_storyline

Both games are really quite self-contained, though. It's not that there aren't overarching plot points shared between them, but they really don't limit your enjoyment of either. If anything, I'd say that TW3's emphasis on Nilfgaard means you're better off reading the books (which haven't even been fully translated).

Why doesn't Geralt's beard look as awesome durng gameplay as it does in the CGI cutscenes? Is there a shavng system? Will it be the subject of some kind of proprietary effects work like with Lara Croft's hair?

This looks amazing, never played witcher before but i remember one of the developers or creators were interviewed during e3 and apparently this will be easy to pick up for those who have not played the others, they are just still figuring out how to do it right now that is all

Looking forward to playing this

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
It doesn't look like they've switched over fully to their DX11 renderer. I don't think we'll see what the game will truly be capable of (like the amazing fur tech shown elsewhere) until then.

Durante

Seems like someone decided to downsample these images with a sharpening kernel, and then run another sharpening filter on top for good measure. Would be laughed out of the bullshot thread.

I've never played a Witcher game before but this does look impressive. I like these kind of games so I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Didn't they say it's 35 times bigger than Witcher 2?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I've never played a Witcher game before but this does look impressive. I like these kind of games so I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Didn't they say it's 35 times bigger than Witcher 2?

You should probably play the old ones. At least 2, the first one can be a little tough to get into.

Seems like someone decided to downsample these images with a sharpening kernel, and then run another sharpening filter on top for good measure. Would be laughed out of the bullshot thread.

Sounds like someone doesn't like super detailed textures. Let me guess, you're one of those PC games have sharp angles guys.

;)

Acheteedo

Yeah these really are horrible images, what are you doing, CVG?

Seance

Banned
You should probably play the old ones. At least 2, the first one can be a little tough to get into.

I'd skip the first one. Chapter two has the most boring quests i've played in any RPG, couldn't push through with it. Combat is a rather janky point-and-click affair as well. Been trying hard to finish it recently.
ibhkdO719VGtvm.gif

Dawg

Updated with gamersyde pics, better now? I'm on my iPad so I can't see it that good.

Durante

Updated with gamersyde pics, better now? I'm on my iPad so I can't see it that good.
Still over-sharpened, but much better quality.

Could be that they came already oversharpened from CDPR -- I love them but the default sharpening in Witcher 2 was terrible.

In more positive news, this game looks fantastic, and sounds amazing in all descriptions/interviews they've given so far. Could be the best open world RPG since Gothic 2.

Drazgul

Distant terrain is more detailed (and supposedly open worldish) but yeah pretty much. To be expected as the Witcher 2 is pretty damn good looking already.

The undergrowth looks better as well, or am I just remembering Witcher 2 wrong?

There better be barbers again, because that default hairstyle looks even worse than Witcher 1's.

Kevin

I wonder if the console versions will look as good. Will they support the fur tech that was demonstrates on pc with nvidia tech? Someone should ask them. :)

I wonder if the console versions will look as good. Will they support the fur tech that was demonstrates on pc with nvidia tech? Someone should ask them. :)

They'll probably use "fake" fur like every other game, similar to Skyrim wolves for example. I doubt they'll really use no fur whatsoever for the console versions, and that's assuming they don't simply utilize a stripped-down version of tressfx or something.

"Looks like The Witcher 2" is kind of a compliment given that game wasn't open-world.

Also, I assume you mean "Looks like The Witcher 2 on a high-end PC" rather than 360.

Top Bottom