• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this the best anti-rape campaign ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I was gonna make a comment and see how many people assumed I was serious, then I lost my train of thought.

I liked the accent and the message.

UrbanRats

Seems like their message would be better presented in some kinda logic equation.

No, because most rapists don't even consider themselves rapists.
And many of them have a really extreme idea of what "rape" is, and anything below that is "fair game".

I think addressing that problem is the main issue.

Wait isn't the point of this ad that she picked the skirt for some other reason, not for the reason that she wanted to be raped?

Yes? She picked the skirt because she wanted to look good. She didn't want to be raped.
What on Earth kind of question is that?

Artemisia

Banned
This is fucking dumb. She drags him into her room, all kissing and touching.

He gets intimate. Tries to get her in the mood. "oh no! rape!!!". The girl showed no resistance. If someone tries to get in my pants without me wanting so, I will definitely not settle with protesting "I don't want to."

oh

my

god

help

me

Emitan

He gets intimate. Tries to get her in the mood. "oh no! rape!!!". The girl showed no resistance. If someone tries to get in my pants without me wanting so, I will definitely not settle with protesting "I don't want to."

Are you saying it's not rape?

unless a girl says "I want you to put your penis in my vagina" you can't put your penis in her vagina

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!

I can't even, what?

unless a girl says "I want you to put your penis in my vagina" you can't put your penis in her vagina

That exact quote?

Whoops.

Llyranor

The campaign may have been aimed at people like you, but you may have missed the point.

Please tell me you're fucking joking.

jaxword

Way to miss the point.

If she says no at any point, then that's when it stops.

Pau

This isn't a serious post right.

SmokeMaxX

I'm curious what GAF thinks of this set of scenarios:

#1: A woman is in her house with all doors locked. Someone breaks in and rapes her.

#2: A woman walks around naked in a prison full of rapists. Someone rapes her.

Obviously neither one was asking for it, but are the situations equal? Neither deserves to get raped, let's go ahead and get that out of the way. However, is there a point where personal responsibility comes into play? I'm not going to comment on the above scenarios, but there's a really bad neighborhood where I live. Noone goes out around there after 9PM. If I walked around in that neighborhood at midnight and got mugged, I would think it was partially my fault for not avoiding a situation that I knew was dangerous.

TUSR

Banned

yeah this is better

#1: A woman is in her house with all doors locked. Someone breaks in and rapes her.

Obviously neither one was asking for it, but are the situations equal? Neither deserves to get raped, let's go ahead and get that out of the way. However, is there a point where personal responsibility comes into play? I'm not going to comment on the above scenarios, but there's a really bad neighborhood where I live. Noone goes out around there after 9PM. If I walked around in that neighborhood at midnight and got mugged, I would think it was partially my fault for not avoiding a situation that I knew was dangerous.

what is this?

Obviously neither one was asking for it, but are the situations equal? .

yep

Artemisia

Banned
she's still here...

iTNuxpTDBUKec.gif

Satch

Banned

oh my fucking god NO

Come now, love - it shouldn't matter how a person expresses "no," just that they are expressing it. And it's an even better idea that you get consent.

Emitan

They are both the same.

You are the type of person the ad is targeting. Please watch it again, perhaps several times. She said no, and was crying. Yep, totally not rape. Also, just because she was kissing a guy/took him to her room doesn't mean she deserved to get raped.

Obviously neither one was asking for it, but are the situations equal? Neither deserves to get raped, let's go ahead and get that out of the way. However, is there a point where personal responsibility comes into play?
Yeah, on the part of dudes to not rape. The end.

Kisaya

Does being affectionate always have to lead to sex for you?

UrbanRats

Again with this shit.
Dude, are the rapists in the second scenario brainless dogs? No, they're humans, don't try to shift responsibility.

Of course someone will try to avoid dangerous situations in the interest of self preservation, but the responsibility does not shift one single inch from the assaulter.
Whether or not i'm lucky enough not to get mugged, doesn't change the fact that it's 100% on the mugger.

Well, what does blaming the victim do? The fact is that there's someone out there committing a crime and doing something to hurt people. That's who we should be looking at. Rapists - and muggers - aren't forces of nature. They choose to do wrong, and so we should hold them accountable for it - not the people who they hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom