• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One week later, PS4 dominates best selling videogame charts for Amazon/Gamestop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chitown B

I don't see numbers. So, it could be close. Plus the Day One edition was sold out for the Xbox One way earlier - the 10th I believe. Then it came back later.

I'm figuring on a lot of gamers buying their One titles digital, as opposed to PS4 players who seem to want to stick with discs. So, you don't pre-order digital copies and that list is a little moot. I'm buying all mine digital.

Wynnebeck

Banned

Let's be real. Only territories MS is focusing on are the US and UK. This holiday season should be interesting. If Sony gets their heads out of their rear ends and step up their marketing, they should be able to compete on even ground with MS especially if they drive home that $399 price point.

DBT85

I see that phrase in every thread today. Who said that? Major Nelson?
Seen TitanFall? Conversation over.

I imagine that will prevail throughout the generation along with come of the others we have heard.

I'm figuring on a lot of gamers buying their One titles digital, as opposed to PS4 players who seem to want to stick with discs. So, you don't pre-order digital copies and that list is a little moot. I'm buying all mine digital.
Is that you Mr Fantastic?

I don't see numbers. So, it could be close.

This was a thought that just occurred to me. Especially Amazon - who is to say there will be equal number of XBOne Day One consoles as there are PS4 Launch Edition consoles? For example, the supposed yield issues would be enough to think there would be supply shortage for XBOne.

Also, if the orders have opened again for Day One, does that mean that more supply became available? Or have people cancelled their pre-orders based on Microsoft shenanigans? Too much ambiguity.

Chaos17

Amazon.fr

The last of us (PS4)
Animal crossing (3DS)
PS4
Luigi Mansion (3DS)
Donkey kong country (3DS)
Xbox 1
Lego city (3DS)
Accessory (3DS)
Watch dogs (PS4)
Animal crossing bundle (3DS)
Mario kart (3DS)
GTA V (PS3)
Controller (PS3)
The last of US (book)
Just dance 4 (Wii)
Controller (PS4)
Call of duy 3 (PS3)
Dishnored (Xbx 360)
Super mario bros 2 (3DS)
Pokémon donjon (3DS)

Source : http://www.amazon.fr/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_7

Quite interesting to see different taste between customers from over the world.

Let's be real. Only territories MS is focusing on are the US and UK. This holiday season should be interesting. If Sony gets their heads out of their rear ends and step up their marketing, they should be able to compete on even ground with MS especially if they drive home that $399 price point.

Oh they will be. No.1 sponsor of the Champions League in Europe, and that competition starts just before launch. I expect there to be "Sponsored by PS4" adverts before and after every advert break across the whole of Europe as well as serious advertising. Sony stepped it up for Xperia Z and they will do the same for PS4. At least in Europe, I hope they do the same in the US.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
It's even more jarring when you realize NA territories are Xbox land right now...

As Angry Joe said: "You done fucked it up."

Carl

Shopto (website is blocked here unfortunately so can't link) is pretty much the same.

Top 10

1) PS4 console
2) XBOX One console
3) Watchdogs (PS4)
4) Battlefield 4 (PS4)
5) Killzone: Shadowfall (PS4)
6) Destiny (PS4)
7) FIFA 14 (PS4)
8) The Division (PS4)
9) Dualshock 4
10) Dead Rising 3 (XBone)

You know Neko, it does help to take off those green-tinted glasses from time to time. But then again, you might just have the same view as Yusuf Mehdi, "we'll win in the long run!" Sounds like a certain someone from 2006..

I never said anything about that.

Only before pre-order data was scoffed with comments like "remember the Wii U" now it's herald of Microsoft's downfall.

I can't afford XB1 so I won't be buying, especially since I'd have to import.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I don't see numbers. So, it could be close. Plus the Day One edition was sold out for the Xbox One way earlier - the 10th I believe. Then it came back later.
"selling out" and then coming back is no metric.

you know....... I actually don't even disagree with this. I mean I've actually seen this said for PS4 as well by more than a few people. With that being said though, it definitely goes both ways. Yes people on XBONE may be more inclined to digital purchases, but there are also digital-intent PS4 purchases not on here as well.

BadWolf

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that a lot of the X1 preachers are junior members?

Kusagari

Xbone games are obviously lagging behind in sales because everyone is planning on taking advantage of the awesome family sharing.

I mean haven't you guys seen it? Don't you love it?!

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Why? Considering the game ends up digital anyway, wouldn't you want to wait and see likely prices? I'd guess that physical discs would be cheaper than online due to competition, plus they'd 'download' faster.

Carl

Only before pre-order data was scoffed with comments like "remember the Wii U" now it's herald of Microsoft's downfall.

I can't see anyone saying that.

No one here is saying these are representative of anything. It's just the only info we have access to and is fun to watch. That's it.

Chitown B

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that a lot of the X1 preachers are junior members?

I find it disingenuous to constantly hear that just because someone is being levelheaded and not instantly jumping on a hate bandwagon that they are "preachers." If that's the case, is everyone else a "ps4 preacher"? No.

Also, Join Date: 12-07-2010

I just don't post a lot.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
"One week later, PS4 dominates best selling videogame charts for Amazon"

closes thread

DBT85

Amazon Spain has PS4 in 3rd and the XBONE in 12th. Thats it, no other next gen items until number 32!

Dat unemployment :-(

Chitown B

Why? Considering the game ends up digital anyway, wouldn't you want to wait and see likely prices? I'd guess that physical discs would be cheaper than online due to competition, plus they'd 'download' faster.

I don't own a car, easier to just start a download. No discs to mess with and I can lend through the cloud anyway.

It's crazy that on Amazon:

1. Launch day ps4s, expected to outnumber launch day XBOs like 3:1, have been sold out for days while the XBO is still available.

and

2. The goddamn PS Eye is outselling all XBO games.

leadbelly

Banned
GAME and Shopto can be added to that list. It seems the Playstation 4 is the top preorder on most online stores in the UK.

Minigo

XBONE is murdering PS4 in Amazon.ca

there is a reason for that though, you get 1 internet if you guess why.

Chitown B

It's crazy that on Amazon:

1. Launch day ps4s, expected to outnumber launch day XBOs like 3:1, have been sold out for days while the XBO is still available.

and

2. The goddamn PS Eye is outselling all XBO games.

I have a PS4 preordered as well, though I may cancel. Not sure yet. I see no difference between "launch day" PS4 and "standard" PS4. The difference on Xbox One is a special controller and achievement. So, it's likely the PS4 "launch day" version is just a regular PS4, and there is no special manufacturing needed - which is what makes it being "sold out" weird.

I never said anything about that.

I can't afford XB1 so I won't be buying, especially since I'd have to import.

Haven't MS already said it's region locked so it won't work in any countries outside of the 21 it's launching in?

Chitown B

With no Backwards Compatibility holding gamers to a particular platform I forsee many Xbox fans switching to Playstation because 1 it will have the best version of Multiplats and 2 it's cheaper.

what makes the PS4 have the best versions of multiplats?

Anyone who has spent time collecting achievements or trophies on one system or the other has a good reason to stay - regardless of BWC.

Kusagari

I have a PS4 preordered as well, though I may cancel. Not sure yet. I see no difference between "launch day" PS4 and "standard" PS4. The difference on Xbox One is a special controller and achievement. So, it's likely the PS4 "launch day" version is just a regular PS4, and there is no special manufacturing needed - which is what makes it being "sold out" weird.

They are the same thing. Amazon made the distinction because PS4 preorders are so high they couldn't guarantee everyone a system at launch.

Launch Day PS4 means you're guaranteed to get a PS4 when it is released. Standard PS4 means you're not guaranteed.

Eusis

I wouldn't be surprised of Microsoft still wins this holiday. After that however...
Actually going by the yield numbers I expect at BEST they appear to have won because they're all sold out all the time whereas the PS4 supply isn't quite as bad... until it's pointed out the PS4 sold 2-4 times as many and there simply weren't many Xboxes at all. Afterwards when yield numbers are better will be the real test, but I imagine it'll lag significantly.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Oh wow just realized the PS4 camera is beating out most XONE games on a lot of these lists.

Ahaha.. ahahahahaah

jesus christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom