• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One week later, PS4 dominates best selling videogame charts for Amazon/Gamestop

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

I never said anything about that.

Only before pre-order data was scoffed with comments like "remember the Wii U" now it's herald of Microsoft's downfall.

I can't afford XB1 so I won't be buying, especially since I'd have to import.

Well this time it's two systems coming out at the same time going head to head with each other, instead of a single system coming out by itself. This means that we can directly compare the pre-order numbers with it actually meaning something, that is, that PS4 is currently winning.

vpance

Ding ding!

it lasted less than 2 hours after the conference, a couple of day after that it was put back available for pre-order and it lasted than a day before selling out again, after that it was never available for pre-orders anymore, on the other hand XBONE has been widely available since the end of MS conference never selling out.

On Futureshop.ca the Xbone Day One edition is still available for preorder while PS4 went out of stock 2 or 3 days after E3.

These current pre-order numbers have absolutely nothing to do with yield problems.

Yeah. I was only referring to how both will probably sell out this holiday season but Xbone will have shipped less due to yields.

Izcarielo

Banned
Well Amazon.es is a bit crappy. Many people will reserve on Game or in Xtralife.

Did Xtralife or Game announce some kind of extras for reserving your console with them?
I may buy mine at Game because the shop is literally two steps away from my doorway lol

RPGamer92

Banned
Interesting thought: Could this be the first time the Playstation version of COD outsells the Xbox one? (referring to PS4 vs. Xbone)

Ranger X

Im kind of shocked that the xbox is doign that well really. Im thinking it wont be any where near as bad (sales wise) as people think it will be.

Same here. But mister everybody doesn't know what they dive in. The launch will probably ok. Sales might fall drastically when mister everybody discovers the limitations though.

ReaperXL7

I pre-ordered at Best buy myself as to not deal with gamestop launch day shinanigens. My experiences console launches at BB have just been better overall. I would be curious where PS4, and Xbone stand at big box retailers like BB, Wal-Mart, and TRU.

Valkyria

Banned
Did Xtralife or Game announce some kind of extras for reserving your console with them?
I may buy mine at Game because the shop is literally two steps away from my doorway lol

I don't think so. I just checked and Xtralife does not have the pre orders up yet.

So MS still hasn't even sold out their "day one" supply yet? Wow.

The biggest surprise is BF4 AND COD doing better on PS4. When BOTH of the games were highlighted on MS conferences. That's pretty amazing. It's safe to assume (for now) the hardcore is back on Sony's side.

Jonboy

I wouldn't be surprised of Microsoft still wins this holiday. After that however...
Folks keep saying that, but I really do wonder, "how?" I mean, the people who buy a console at launch are the hardcore. I think it's been pretty clear that most hardcore gamers are showing they prefer the PS4 to Xbox One.

You're wrong. The Xbox One Day One edition was sold out the day of the conference, and then spotty afterwards, to come back up a couple days later.

WRONG. The Xbox One was "sold out" for a matter of hours, but they were selling it again later that night when the PS4 pre-orders started. I personally saw it on Amazon.

..........because it's not included. Which makes the PS4 price $459.99.

You're trying just a little too hard man. A lot of people wanting nothing to do with the Kinect camera or the PS Camera. The fact that Sony gives the customer choice in the matter is preferable by the vast majority of people.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So MS still hasn't even sold out their "day one" supply yet? Wow.

The biggest surprise is BF4 AND COD doing better on PS4. When BOTH of the games were highlighted on MS conferences. That's pretty amazing. It's safe to assume (for now) the hardcore is back on Sony's side.

And more of the rational educated consumer.

FireVoa

The first 3 years will be rough for MS but if their vision is correct, they are in this for the long... Painful haul.

Karak

I just pre-ordered so +1 for me. Also am I reading the other thread right that backwards compatibility will cost money monthly though?

LiquidMetal14

I just pre-ordered so +1 for me. Also am I reading the other thread right that backwards compatibility will cost money monthly though?

Not know yet but it may be piggybacked on the Gaikai integration when that launches next year in the US.

Karak

Not know yet but it may be piggybacked on the Gaikai integration when that launches next year in the US.

It sure looks like they are going to charge for BC. I am not a fan of that at all. I get that it costs monthly but...I don't know I guess its better than nothing.

LiquidMetal14

It sure looks like they are going to charge for BC. I am not a fan of that at all. I get that it costs monthly but...I don't know I guess its better than nothing.

Can't answer that but if I get access to a ton of stuff for a cheap price, I would consider it. Or just pay for stuff individually if the price is right for each title.

It's interesting that loads of PS4 games are showing up in the charts but few Xbone ones. Surely there aren't that many people who really want it mostly for TV?

Gah, city wide Internet outage. :( I'll have to update the OP tonight.
Damn. You're lucky you don't own an Xbox One!

J-Rzez

This maybe the last time we see Don and Phil, maybe Larry if these trends continue onward after the pre-orders/post launch considering the bloodbath it's been up to now.

boinx

Our numbers are pretty small but this is what the top 10 looks like in some Finnish retailers:

Konsolinet:
1. The Last of Us | PS3
2. Playstation 4 | PS4
3. Animal Crossing New Leaf | 3DS
4. Dualshock 3 | PS3
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 | PS3
6. The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition | PS3
7. Xenoblade Chronicles | Wii
8. Dualshock 4 | PS4
9. Battlefield 4 | PS4
10. Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition | PS3

Verkkokauppa:
1. The Last of Us | PS3
2. Playstation 4 | PS4
3. Metro Last Light (GeForce Coupon) | PC
4. Xbox One Day One Edition | XB1
5. Dualshock 3 | PS3
6. The Last of Us - Joel Edition | PS3
7. Assassin's Creed 3 (GeForce Coupon) | PC
8. Playstation 3 12GB | PS3
9. PSN Card 20€
10. Planetside2, Hawken, World of Tanks (GeForce coupon) | PC

Discshop.fi top preorders
1. Grand Theft Auto V | PS3
2. Playstation 4 | PS4
3. Grand Theft Auto V | 360
4. Final Fantasy XIV | PS3
5. The Last Guardian | TBC (lol)
6. Battlefield 4 | PS3
7. Xbox One Day One Edition | XB1
8. South Park - The Stick of Truth | PS3
9. Beyond Two Souls | PS3
10. Watch_dogs | PS3

Even stores in my area seem to be pushing the PS4 harder. I was in a gamestop where they had close to ten flyers advertising the PS4 and PS4 games throughout the store, and their was literally only 1 flyer for Xbone and Xbone games. I think this is reaching beyond just the internet their is a real strong movement to ensure the PS4 comes out on top. It doesn't help that stores I have talked to have been shut off from taking anymore Xbone preorders even though they have only taken a third less than PS4. So on top of everything else those yield issues are looking very much real.

It may be a brutal start for MS. The ace they had up their sleeve was that they had the money to buy out exclusives and now after this holiday season NO publisher could afford to not have their game on the PS4 no matter what MS throws their way.

willow ve

Even stores in my area seem to be pushing the PS4 harder. I was in a gamestop where they had close to ten flyers advertising the PS4 and PS4 games throughout the store, and their was literally only 1 flyer for Xbone and Xbone games. I think this is reaching beyond just the internet their is a real strong movement to ensure the PS4 comes out on top. It doesn't help that stores I have talked to have been shut off from taking anymore Xbone preorders even though they have only taken a third less than PS4. So on top of everything else those yield issues are looking very much real.

It may be a brutal start for MS. The ace they had up their sleeve was that they had the money to buy out exclusives and now after this holiday season NO publisher could afford to not have their game on the PS4 no matter what MS throws their way.

Even SlickDeals is playing favorites. They've listed the PS4 multiple times as a hot deal on their front page at standard MSRP. No mention of the X1 at all.

Microsoft really opened up their check books with the web sponsorship on all of these pre-order sites. You would have thought that alone would get them a better showing, but it appears that the message about what you're actually getting is out there with "Internet" folk that traffic these sites.

Akira

I honestly think MS will do better once their marketing machine kicks in. They will paint a pretty picture of ENTERTAINMENT, TV, APPS!!! All without mentioning their DRM and online policies.

My guess is that MS will not show the price in their commercials, while Sony would do well to plaster that $399 price in huge font at the end of every commercial. Maybe even say it's $100 less than the competitor.

dookeh

I preordered a Day One One on day one just in case. As of now I have no intention of buying it--I wonder how many others have done the same.

FlyFaster

$100 price difference and both systems have largely the same games. + PS4 has been getting nothing but good press/word of mouth.

This isn't surprising to me but I still love seeing it.

Playstation -- Return of the King.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Same here. If Mass Effect 4 comes out (hypothetical) and I can shout commands at squadmates, I may try it.

The PS4 includes a headset with every console now, is there a particular reason why this could not be done on that headset?

I continue to be blown away by the success. Couldn't be happier customers are speaking with their wallets. I hope it keeps up and MS has to back down from some of their more horrid policies in a year.

ckohler

When I preordered my PS4 at my local GameStop, there wasn't a bundle. The OP says they don't sell the PS4 without a bundle. So, which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom