• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF: Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers Trailer is up!!

AniHawk said:
I'm guessing a late 2008 release on this one too. Either this was on the backburner, it took time to totally remake the game, or both.

My guess is that once SE saw the sales of the systems, they decided to switch priorities big time. Last Remnant became a 360 title too, and FFCC-TCB went from FFIII remake chibi to Kingdom Hearts. The original FFCC-TCB became FFCC-TRB for DS (scrapping the original version of that altogether). There probably hasn't been a ton of work on this version yet, which is why we're only seeing screens and movies now.

TRB? Do you mean Ring of Fates?

Kafel

Banned
AniHawk said:
I'm guessing a late 2008 release on this one too. Either this was on the backburner, it took time to totally remake the game, or both.

My guess is that once SE saw the sales of the systems, they decided to switch priorities big time. Last Remnant became a 360 title too, and FFCC-TCB went from FFIII remake chibi to Kingdom Hearts. The original FFCC-TCB became FFCC-TRB for DS (scrapping the original version of that altogether). There probably hasn't been a ton of work on this version yet, which is why we're only seeing screens and movies now.

Yeah but S-E could nearly provide a demo for the S-E Party. So it isn't in its early stages.

Soule

Magicpaint said:
Is that so hard to believe?

All of it...
Wow I guess I've bought into the whole 2xGamecube + Duct tape meme a bit too much coz i seriously thought the Wii wouldn't be able to produce graphics like this, the crap most companies are producing haven't been helping either since most look worse than GC.

Well... Golly, that just made my day

Kafel said:
Yeah but S-E could nearly provide a demo for the S-E Party. So it isn't in its early stages.

Consider though this was announced 2 years ago though, it doesn't look like a game that's been in development for anywhere close to that long, in any case it shouldn't have taken 2 years to actually get a gameplay trailer ready.

I definitely think S-E did some shuffling once the sales charts started (or at least when it was becoming more obvious that Japan = Nintendoland) to come in and repositioned this to be more a straight forward FF RPG rather than an actual sequel to CC.

angelfly

*fap* *fap* *fap*

The game looks great. The sooner it comes out the better.

*fap* *fap* *fap*

The fighting looks really fast paced and fun

*fap* *fap* *fap*

MasterMFauli said:
0_o

...wow...

You know, this looks like the game i waited for since i played Skies of Arcadia.
Totally SoA-esque envirnments.
Now, if you can fly freely around with just your character, this game makes me take OoT from my number 1-game-throne...

Calm down dude. It is just a 30 sec. trailer. :lol

PolyGone

Banned
ffcc001.jpg

ffcc002.jpg

ffcc003.jpg

ffcc004.jpg

ffcc005.jpg

ffcc006.jpg

ffcc007.jpg

ffcc008.jpg

ffcc009.jpg

ffcc010.jpg

ffcc011.jpg

ffcc012.jpg

ffcc013.jpg

ffcc014.jpg

ffcc015.jpg

ffcc016.jpg

ffcc017.jpg

ffcc018.jpg

ffcc019.jpg

ffcc020.jpg

ffcc021.jpg

ffcc022.jpg

ffcc023.jpg

ffcc024.jpg

ffcc025.jpg

ffcc026.jpg

ffcc027.jpg

ffcc028.jpg

ffcc029.jpg

Kingdom Hearts vibe without the Disney FTW

Anzu

Banned
AniHawk said:
they mean soon in geological time.

I guarantee you it comes out by december. Its not like Wii hardware is as taxing as the PS3's and its not like they have a huge curing-famine-in-africa budget.

Anzu said:
I guarantee you it comes out by december. Its not like Wii hardware is as taxing as the PS3's and its not like they have a huge curing-famine-in-africa budget.

This December? I doubt it. I think actually S-E would probably be better off polishing this puppy up as much as possible for 2008 and then cashing in off the bigger Wii install base then.

God damn this game looks sexual. Airships, dragons, big cities.. magic, huge enemies.
Could well be the best Final Fantasy since IX. Needs a story for sure.

They need to sort out the dodgy running and jumping animation though.

Anzu

Banned
soundwave05 said:
This December? I doubt it. I think actually S-E would probably be better off polishing this puppy up as much as possible for 2008 and then cashing in off the bigger Wii install base then.

You're in the wrong thread. The FFXIII thread is somewhere over there -->

The install base is big enough right now and its only getting bigger, they don't need to purposefully delay this game. People will buy it. S-E will profit and then they'll work on their next Wii project. Repeat cycle.

i'm more interested in how it'll control. i wonder if its going to be something novel or something akin to the all the wii ports (run with analogue; swipe remote for attack, ect)

Jacobi

Banned
Why exactly do people say the Wii couldn't do this ? Don't see anything FFX or FFXII haven't done. The art style is really generic, I don' mean to troll but maaan it's 08/15-IHAVETOSAVETHEWORLD all over again... But maybe I'm wrong and the story may turn out interesting, after all no one knows shit about the story.

Wow, looks neat.

Maybe FF:CC will be the whole "Nintendo" original series for the rest of time. Sony gets numbered incarnations of the series, Nintendo gets subtitled games with more action-based battle systems.

Jacobi said:
Why exactly do people say the Wii couldn't do this ? Don't see anything FFX or FFXII haven't done. The art style is really generic, I don' mean to troll but maaan it's 08/15-IHAVETOSAVETHEWORLD all over again... But maybe I'm wrong and the story may turn out interesting, after all no one knows shit about the story.

I get what you're saying, but it's 'generic' I guess in a good way, it's more old-school RPG in design style. Nothing really wrong with that.

The flying stuff in the trailer is really interesting though, if they can pull that off, this is going to be a very unique type of title. We've seen the dragons, cities, airships, etc., but I don't think I've ever seen a character himself flying around in-game.

big_z

the city looks pretty good but the rest kinda looks a bit simple in terms of overall scale and complexity.... i see why 1up says the game looks like a budget FF12.

still it's a huge improvement over the cube CC game and the gameplay looks faster, more exciting. im still hoping for some online though.

PolyGone

Banned
big_z said:
the city looks pretty good but the rest kinda looks a bit simple in terms of overall scale and complexity.... i see why 1up says the game looks like a budget FF12.

yeah, simple compared to FF12's best cities but F12 took 5 years to make, compared to most rpgs I think it looks about on par, if not better than most.

I don't really care if it has online, I don't really see what the point would be, since it seems to be single player, but the DS version positively needs to have it implemented.

big_z said:

still it's a huge improvement over the cube CC game and the gameplay looks faster, more exciting. im still hoping for some online though.
The game looks like it's still in early build. Somebody's speculation about this being reevamped entirely once SE saw the sales seem to support that idea. Plus, SE scrapping the chibi look and core CC multiplayer focused gameplay is also a bit telling in that they decided to make this closer to the mainline FF game to take advantage of the rapidly growing Wii userbase.

But then again, they could have just announce a new IP or something.

Krowley

Looks fantastic.

It's a short video, but I think it's the most promising 3rd party wii game we've seen so far. I'm very glad that it appears to have nothing to do with CC on the cube.

Hopefully the media sites will get a larger video file soon.

Jacobi

Banned
soundwave05 said:
I get what you're saying, but it's 'generic' I guess in a good way, it's more old-school RPG in design style. Nothing really wrong with that.

The flying stuff in the trailer is really interesting though, if they can pull that off, this is going to be a very unique type of title. We've seen the dragons, cities, airships, etc., but I don't think I've ever seen a character himself flying around in-game.
What makes you think it looks like an old-school RPG ? Are you talking about SNES RPGs or PSX RPGs ?

And there's Second Life BTW ;)

Top Bottom