• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall - actors and in-game models revealed

ironcreed

Banned
Mother-of_God.gif

Incredible.

Arondight

Looks incredible in picture but the teaser doesn't do it any favours. I hope they release more footage because while the gameplay and visuals look solid, I'm not too excited for the game yet.

miso_Jeff

Banned
it just didn't stand out from anything I've ever played, and definitely didn't remind me of killzone in any shape of fashion. the helghast from the demo would be right at home on space channel 5.

But now were getting into "damned if you do, damned if you don't" territory. It doesn't look like any of the previous KZ games cause people were complaining about it looking too "brown" the Helghast were said to "look" boring. they've taken steps to address those complaints in hopes that it would appease the people.

Honestly at lot of FPS games "look" like other games: plot, level design, gameplay. It usually comes down to preference that one likes said game or not. For me KZ has always been at least as good as other FPS games. It does what it does well, just like this other game does what it does well. There have been very very few FPS games that have satisfied me story wise.

imr^n

Neo Member
Can we compare these models to the Activision R&D models? Seems to me the Activision models are better by comparison. Still they look far ahead of anything on the PS3 at the moment.

Can we compare these models to the Activision R&D models? Seems to me the Activision models are better by comparison. Still they look far ahead of anything on the PS3 at the moment.

Well, one major difference is that Activision's models are purely from a tech demo while these are actually being used in a game.

Liamario

Banned
This showcase of graphic technology is all well and good, but I want to see some gameplay that makes me want to play the game.

squidyj

I though activision just grabbed some models and said "hey guys, use these for your advanced tech demo"

subsurface scattering, refraction, etc etc etc going on in those demos, that's what they were trying to show, the rendering. Speaking of that, did they ever play with the lighting in any of those?

kasane

Dat helghast sniper reeks of betrayal. Like she will help you and turns out shes the final boss.
lol

Edit: in my story she snipes you at the end.

Perkel

Banned
Sub Surface Scattering on activison models but not on GG models maybe? Skin looks quite a bit better on the former.

One is tech demo other one is game model...

comparing doesn't make any sense nor those faces are in similar lighting conditions

Yoday

This showcase of graphic technology is all well and good, but I want to see some gameplay that makes me want to play the game.
I hate when people say this. We will have years to be excited over new gameplay mechanics, for right now can't people just enjoy the jump in visuals that we only get once every 5-8 years?

cheezcake

One is tech demo other one is game model...

comparing doesn't make any sense nor those faces are in similar lighting conditions

Purely talking from a technical perspective here, obviously activision in game models wont look as good as their tech demo models but it's still interesting to compare.

hesido

Those may indeed be game models but I think they are beauty renders.

On the youtube video, I think the shaders are underwhelming. Also, they guys lips look like he wore fluorescent lipsticks on. The quick gaze of the girl was nicer, tho.

Valnen

God damn. I thought character models were already amazing this gen, especially from a few certain companies (SE, Capcom) but daaamn. Next gen is going to be INSANE after a few years into it.

wizzbang

Banned
Worst character ever. Another reason I disliked KZ3. Jammer, Echo. Weird how GG don't bother giving females a name.

Let me rephrase.
I liked the LOOK of Jammer in KZ3 - the character was utterly meaningless and poorly implimented.
Regardless who is the chick I quoted, that's top shelf, YO!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Considering this is a day one launch title, fps I really can't even fathom what a PS4 Naughty Dog game will look like with regards to character models.

Activision-Next-Gen-Graphics-8.jpg

I am betting they could easily outdo that Activision tech demo face in an Uncharted or TLoU game for PS4.

Ok we have "Actors" now tell me who wrote the story?

Steven Ter Heide did apparently. I asked him on twitter. He seemed a bit coy about mentioning anyone else though they must have a team. I wish they'd be a bit more open about who else is doing it. If they've hired good writers it'd inspire a bit more confidence.

Violater

Steven Ter Heide did apparently. I asked him on twitter. He seemed a bit coy about mentioning anyone else though they must have a team. I wish they'd be a bit more open about who else is doing it. If they've hired good writers it'd inspire a bit more confidence.

You think they would learn from the reviews of KZ2 and 3 and also comparing it to the likes of what ND is available to achieve with the medium.

Holy shit and there it is......that feeling I felt when I say the screenshots for KZ2

that makes it final, I'm buying the shit out of this game

Just a quick comparison between K:SF and C3 on PC.

That is fucking impressive for a launch title, good lord.

I remember so many Gaffers saying we won't see visuals as good as Crysis 3 on any of the next gen consoles. We're already seeing them equaled or surpassed at launch.

The next few years are going to be insane.

i-Lo

Some more character models (credit to salromano from the Greatness Awaits thread)

I'm barely able to contain my emotions.

Looks astounding but:

• Do you guys think they're going overboard with details and complexities in design that feels forced (compared to previous Helghast models which looked functional and industrious)?

Also, I feel like they're still lacking that Radec like design atm.

shandy706

Good to see facial textures approaching PC level quality even really close up (textures wise). Makes me happy this will be possible across all games soon.

Can't wait.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Fantastic detail, but the giant buttons everywhere is a bit much. Seems like detail for the sake of detail.

Top Bottom