• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS: RE5 coming to 360 was supposed to be the big announcement at E3

Dirtbag 504 said:
Thread title is misleading.

...I think one of the most important, subtle announcements at the Xbox 360 briefing is that Resident...

The fact you're running damage control is almost as funny as the situation itself.

HomShaBom

Banned
4pxtyir.gif

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
besada said:
Someone needs to ****ing slap Shane Kim. He's like MS's very own Karraker.
Really? He seems like he's on-the-ball in most interviews I've read. This one seems very out of character.

Chibrou said:
What??? RE5 is coming to 360?
img_membre_33.jpg

kaching said:
Really? He seems like he's on-the-ball in most interviews I've read. This one seems very out of character.
True. I've always like Kim, comes off as a really nice guy. Must have had a long day, obviously he knows this stuff. Just kind of weird.

Pug

I reckon he's got confused with what Peter Moore said at E3. I think he pointed that RE5 was the first time the game was going to appear on an MS console. Either way seems to me that communication maybe slightly suspect at MS!

NinSoX

Banned
Hmmm I don't see Solidsnakex coming in here to ask the point of coming in here to say "LOL LOL".

Oh look, yet another Justjohn post with less than 3 words.

Raist

Banned
Kim: Yeah, but here’s the thing: I think one of the most important, subtle announcements at the Xbox 360 briefing is that Resident Evil is coming to Xbox 360. Yes, it’s from Capcom, who’s been a great supporter of us.

GI: But we knew that two years ago.

Kim: What?

GI: Resident Evil. It was shown at TGS two years ago.

Kim: No, but coming to Xbox 360.

GI: Yeah. It was at the press event.

Kim: I don’t think so.

GI: I’m positive. I was there.

Kim: Really?

GI: It was shown at both press conferences.

Kim: That RE5 was coming to…?

GI: Yep.

Kim: I’m going to have to confirm that. That was supposed to be the big announcement. I'll ask Peter

GI: Er. Peter Moore has left. He works for EA now.

Kim: What ?

Fixed :p

Nolan.

He can't be serious because even before DMC was confirmed capcom confirmed RE5 as duo platform. So I don't think it was ever in question apart from the very early stages. Or he's on extasy of some kind.

:lol :lol :lol

In his defence, maybe he was thinking of Silent Hill 5, that hadn't been confirmed as 360 (though everyone was 99% sure it would be) and Konami did make a big deal beforehand with the special invite cards.

Either way....:lol Shane, you're off the freaking chain!

justjohn

NinSoX said:
Hmmm I don't see Solidsnakex coming in here to ask the point of coming in here to say "LOL LOL".

Oh look, yet another Justjohn post with less than 3 words.
i see you failed to take my advice

scarybore

Truly hilarious if that was meant to be a huge surprise :lol

Kim: I’m going to have to confirm that. That was supposed to be the big announcement. I'll ask Peter

Kim: What ?

:lol

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
sionyboy said:

In his defence, maybe he was thinking of Silent Hill 5, that hadn't been confirmed as 360 (though everyone was 99% sure it would be) and Konami did make a big deal beforehand with the special invite cards.

Shane Kim handles first party. Maybe thats why. However, I still cannot believe he is so missinformed.

Crisis

Banned
Raist said:
Kim: Yeah, but here’s the thing: I think one of the most important, subtle announcements at the Xbox 360 briefing is that Resident Evil is coming to Xbox 360. Yes, it’s from Capcom, who’s been a great supporter of us.

GI: But we knew that two years ago.

Kim: What?

GI: Resident Evil. It was shown at TGS two years ago.

Kim: No, but coming to Xbox 360.

GI: Yeah. It was at the press event.

Kim: I don’t think so.

GI: I’m positive. I was there.

Kim: Really?

GI: It was shown at both press conferences.

Kim: That RE5 was coming to…?

GI: Yep.

Kim: What? This is too much to take all in one sitting. Want to play some Xbox?

*starts system - RROD*

Kim: Damn it! I'm out of warranty!

GI: Your company just took a billion dollar hit to extend the warranty for three years.

Kim: When?!

Fixed again.

sionyboy said:

that is the only thing that makes sense.

so it can't be that.

Jirotrom

GI is a great magazine...their reviews suck but there info is top notch. Hilarious situation this, Microsoft is just lost.

macksplack said:
What the **** MS, your not even trying anymore. I'm starting to feel moore left a sinking ship.

I feel the same way...only reason I stick with them is because of the games.

Top Bottom