• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

because i'm on a super hero high right now - more shots from the LEGO Marvel game...

2NyI0xQ.jpg

sOsI2V7.jpg

RhOrWJ7.jpg

nJRDPCh.jpg

FIgooHz.jpg

GzfnX90.jpg

bVz4bHj.jpg

qVcHici.jpg

TripOpt55

I built Vermin Vaporizer tonight. Very cool. So neat how everything fits together. The fight in this set seems a little lopsided... that insect alien thing has its work cut out for it. It seems to be fourth in the Official Ghostmind (and PhoncipleBone?) Galaxy Squad Power Rankings, so I'm excited to get to some of the sets above it.

I built Vermin Vaporizer tonight. Very cool. So neat how everything fits together. The fight in this set seems a little lopsided... that insect alien thing has its work cut out for it. It seems to be fourth in the Official Ghostmind (and PhoncipleBone?) Galaxy Squad Power Rankings, so I'm excited to get to some of the sets above it.
Grab Bug Obliterator while it is cheap. If you liked Vermin Vaporizer, I think you will love Bug Obliterator.

ghostmind

Grab Bug Obliterator while it is cheap. If you liked Vermin Vaporizer, I think you will love Bug Obliterator.

Do you know we've gone through almost another entire thread since I first got my Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer?

Going to be time for The LEGO Thread |OT3| soon... or LEGO GAF |OT3|... either way we'll need another witty subtitle.

I don't know, I really don't care much for the large size figure. They looks like baby Action-figure toys than LEGO. Though, that Hulk Buster Iron Man is awesome.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know, I really don't care much for the large size figure. They looks like baby Action-figure toys than LEGO. Though, that Hulk Buster Iron Man is awesome.

Sounds like someone needs a little Rancor in their life.

MpRNBUA.jpg

j1fPmCF.jpg

farXG7H.jpg

I planned on doing the color substitution on Dolphin Cruiser tonight, but I am too stoopidly giddy over the news that Ultron will be the villain in Avengers 2.

I want an Ultron battle pack. Just five or six different versions of Ultron with some random bricks thrown in. I don't care. I get frakking Ultron in a film! ULTRON!

I need to calm down from this news, but it is like a dream come true for me.

This may calm you down. Early prototypes of Ultron suit were leaked. SPOILERS:

Ultron full body armor prototype

because i'm on a super hero high right now - more shots from the LEGO Marvel game...

FIgooHz.jpg

Fantastic Four LEGO set MUST HAPPEN! I don't care if Sony has to put out another meh Fantastic Four movie to make it happen.

I'd like a new revision of Captain America wearing a variation of this helmet

Yeah, as much as I enjoy the classic "stud" on the head looks of mini-figs, I really think those that wear mask should have proper "helmet". The new grandpa mini-fig with the dome top make me think that the piece would be nice to cap Spiderman head and give him proper smooth round top. And those that prefer stud top can just leave them off.

Minigo

Yeah, as much as I enjoy the classic "stud" on the head looks of mini-figs, I really think those that wear mask should have proper "helmet". The new grandpa mini-fig with the dome top make me think that the piece would be nice to cap Spiderman head and give him proper smooth round top. And those that prefer stud top can just leave them off.

agreed, plus Captain America and Flash wear pretty much the same type mask/cowl/head wear, there is no reason whatsoever to give one a cool helmet and just paint the head of the other one.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
All those awesome Marvel game characters just makes me feel TLG is squandering the license. The DC one too actually :(

Would love all of the bigfigs!

R-User!

Do you know we've gone through almost another entire thread since I first got my Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer?

Going to be time for The LEGO Thread |OT3| soon... or LEGO GAF |OT3|... either way we'll need another witty subtitle.

LEGO GAF |OT3|: We Build Them Up, And Then We Break Them Down: Wallets

Or

LEGO GAF |OT3|: Money? Pshh, PLEASE.

Went to the annual Lego show today, and came back with this little custom kit. (it was being held in the RNZAF museum)

IMG_20130721_215725.jpg

What is that piece used for the cockpit? I like the dark green color.

BwwTwGT.jpg

I'd like a new revision of Captain America wearing a variation of this helmet

Yes! Just make the yellow things white for his feather thingies or just remove holes and put prints on it.

This is so much better than Teen Titans LEGO! Not!

What is the GIF from? Just curious. ;)

Hmmm subtitles.. everything I'm coming up w is an outdated movie reference.

"Your (wallet's) punishment must be more severe"

"Tony Stark MOC'ed it in a cave"

Etc

Ponn

Banned

I can see these being used in a Thor 2 set, warriors three.

Should I feel bad for not being excited or getting the BttF set? I like the movies, i'm an 80's kid, its just kind of like Star Wars i'm not THAT into the movies. If I get a set I feel like I would be taking one away from someone else who really wanted one.

I built the Ent from Orthanc yesterday. Good lord all that brown in the instructions made it hard. I really like it more then I thought my only qualm is the "throwing" feature took away some potential poseability with the figure. Though it makes for some funny jokes it seems more like a "kid" gimmick and this set really is not meant for kids, i mean it says 14 and up right on the box. Oh also this was the very first Lego set i've gotten that was missing a piece to, a round small brown plate used in the legs. I stole one from the back that was unneeded so no biggie just has been the first time that happened even though it was almost a given with every Kreo set I got. The other strange thing was that bag came with a black seat type piece extra that was not even used or listed in the piece list. Weird.

Mixels...well that's new...and meh, just sets I can avoid.

I saw that new black Star Wars ship in Toys R Us today...it looked really cool...kinda similar to another recent ship we got but I'm still interested in it but I shall wait for it to appear in the Lego Stores in August.

I haven't seen those small balljoints before though. Where I can get those? Would be very useful for many builds.

God. Never noticed that. Yeah, I need these sets just for those. Dammit.

Anyways, did a quick and dirty color substitution on Dolphin Cruiser. I wanted to use something other than black for the slope pieces, but that was all I had with enough corner pieces. There is some refinement needed to cut down on the color clashing, but this was just a quick conversion to see how it would look. It definitely makes me want to make a MOC ASAP. Tempted to get another Cruiser just for more white hull pieces.

Black sectional couch instead of maroon. Dark blue flower pot instead of lime green.

Grey toilet seat instead of pink. Dark green table instead of lime green.

(No substitutions here. It was fine as is.)

White sink instead of a pink one.

Dark tan table instead of lime green. I changed the beds from pink and light purple to white and dark red.

Grey storage area for hair accessories instead of pink.

Dark brown waterslide (sorry, Silver Mine. I had to take it for a bit.). Dark grey can for fish instead of pink bucket.

Dark red tabletop instead of light purple. Changed the seating from the bright orange and maroon mix.

Dark grey and dark brown mix instead of maroon and pink. Gold platter instead of pink. I forgot to put the banana back in place before the pic. Gold flag instead of pink.

Dark grey for the hull line, black for the slope pieces up high. In the original, both areas were the same sky blue color. I did not have the pieces at the moment to keep them matching, but might change that later.

Hi, sorry for the stupid question.

I read back a few pages, trying to get a clear answer.

Delorean: - Available in UK stores now/tomorrow? Some people have them via SDCC? And will it be a stealth North America release? Or will I be able to order it off Lego.com on August 1st (the date I keep seeing about?)

I imagine Canada will get hosed again but I will try to pick one of these up in any case.

ghostmind

Hi, sorry for the stupid question.

I read back a few pages, trying to get a clear answer.

Delorean: - Available in UK stores now/tomorrow? Some people have them via SDCC? And will it be a stealth North America release? Or will I be able to order it off Lego.com on August 1st (the date I keep seeing about?)

I imagine Canada will get hosed again but I will try to pick one of these up in any case.

If you are in Canada, they should be in the LEGO store on August 1st for $45. The BttF set is already on S@H, with an August 1st release date.

Color MOD looks great Phonciple - it could easily pass as a high-end CITY set now.

Regarding the axle part, it is already available (assuming I am thinking of the same piece):

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3731

Thanks for the comments about the color sub. It was a quick and dirty conversion. Might tear it down to make my own damn yacht now.
And yeah, it looks like high end City. I feel the Friends line is what City has been severely lacking. I am curious to do color sub on some other sets to see how they turn out. With this it showed that the build itself was tip top stuff, only the garish colors held it back some.

And as for that ball joint, that is a 2x2 plate with joint. The figures look to use 1x2 instead. And I would hope they are a bit tighter, because the part you listed is pretty loose when in use.

Top Bottom