• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREAKING: GTA 4 delayed till April 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm04

Damn, I guess I should cancel my pre-order then.

But on another note...does this mean Xbox 360 DLC day one?! I'm calling it right now.

Reave

lecinquimelmentruby2ro.jpg

Ruby Rhod can't ****ing believe this. *Bzzzzzzzz!!*

JB1981

So MS fibbed about GTA and Splinter Cell: Conviction at their press conference. Anything else getting delayed?

Mass Effect next?

scarybore

Surprising to me since I hadn't heard of the preview build problems, but I would rather it came out later if it means it will be a better game. Probably a blow to MS and Sony, they probably hoped this would sell a few consoles this Christmas.

Mrbob

Oh snap.

MS holiday rolling thunder just got derailed.

April 2008 could have a $399.99 PS3 around that time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, epic thread GET!

Seriously though, I wasn't really expecting this given how much of the game they've been showing lately, compared to what they showed and when with the last few GTAs. This is HUGE news for this holiday year, though.

Tiktaalik said:
This is a multiplatform game. Does this help or hinder any console? I feel like it may make some people who were considering getting a PS3 wait a bit longer maybe.

It helps PS3 because it demolishes MS' last chance to eke out a lead over the Wii. Basically it put next gen on hold until next year for the mass market.

Amir0x

Banned
so far

Take-Two:

Manhunt 2 is DELAYED
Grand Theft Auto IV is DELAYED

Take-Two shareholders are GONE.

ElFly said:
So, Nintendo owns Q4 2007? galaxy + brawl = uncontested.

Halo + Madden (360) battle royale.

_Angelus_

Banned
Halo 3 is gonna gobble up everything this year. Damnit though I was looking forward to a Halo3-GTA showdown,what could have been. GTA4 is better off for a Spring release after everyone has finished the fight. It will garner great sales and with less competition come Spring.

Jel0man

GTA4.net:

The release date for GTA IV has been pushed back until at least April 2008, possibly May.

Take-Two is reducing its fiscal 2007 guidance primarily to reflect the movement of the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007 to fiscal 2008, due to additional development time required to complete the title. The title is now planned for release in the Company’s second quarter of fiscal 2008.

derder

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO **** **** **** **** ****F UCKF **** ******** FUCUKFCUF

GreekWolf

Who wants to bet me a dollar that MS will now voluntarily delay another heavy-hitter to next year, so they can compete with the GTA 4, MGS4 and Killzone 2 triple play?

You know it's coming...

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Had to get the PS3 DLC up to par with the 360s so you can have the "complete experience" on both systems.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
McHuj said:
IMo, this hurts MS more then Sony.

Yeah I think it's a little bit more than just "opinion".

For those mainstream gamers waiting to take the next-gen plunge with GTAIV this gives Sony a great window to convince them to go with PS3.

rubso

Banned
Amir0x said:
Man this makes the whole E3 speech from Microsoft look pretty funny.

"THE LAST TIME THE TRIPLE THREAT OF GRAND THEFT AUTO, HALO AND MADDEN CAME, IT WAS THE BIGGEST YEAR FOR OUR INDUSTRY ON RECORD. Well, it's happening again!"

*oops*
we still have HALO 3 and MADDEN set to come out this year, right guys? right? *GTA :'(*

Darji

Banned
so the DLC for the 360 which is sheudeled for march is comming earlier than the real game?:lol :lol

Anyway big shock. Did a GTA game ever get deleayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom