• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREAKING: GTA 4 delayed till April 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
IT'S THE PETER MOORE EFFECT! IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Alcibiades

this collectively hurts PS3/360 just a tad in terms of GTA not going to Wii, but it's definitely not a big help to either over the other... Halo 3 was still gonna be huge, but not it might get a little more limelight in terms of blockbusters (along with Zelda/Mario/Smash Bros.)

JB1981

God Sony has a killer '08 lineup. A $399 PS3 with KZ2, MGS 4 and GTA 4 could get preeettty interesting. HD-DVD will be on its last leg by then as well.

ElFly said:
So, Nintendo owns Q4 2007? galaxy + brawl = uncontested.

:lol

Sorry, my gif still stands.

4pFTWER.jpg

It just won't make a difference.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Well, they better find a way to get Manhunt 2 out this year then.

Otherwise, they are going to have one hell of a bad Q4.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Y2Kev said:
mega. ****ing. ton.

John Davison FOR THE MOTHER ****ING WIN if true
What are you referring to, i must have missed whatever John had to say about it.

VASPER

Banned
I dont know if this is good or bad, everyone i know is going to think this game is still coming out in october not next year.

Deku said:
speculawyer need to spin this right now! Or is he busy selling T2 shares?
Nothing to spin . . . it sucks.

I'll say what I usually say . . . I'd rather have a delay than have them rush and ship a piece of crap. Take-Two is generally pretty good about, with the exception of the low-end Globalstar label, they usually won't ship out a product if it isn't ready.

PleoMax

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
GTA4 will bring millions of people into Next Gen and if they were doing so when Halo 3 was launching, 360 would be a no brainer. Now it'll be launching alongside MGS4. The pendulum swings to the other side.

Makes zero sense. As if Halo 3 would stop existing.

But whatever, go on people, bring the theories on how this is bad for Xbox 360 and good for the Ps3.

Before was "People will still buy more GTA on the Ps3 because gta -> Ps bla bla" or like the other variant "With halo 3 launching, people will buy that instead of GTA IV which might make GTA sell better on the PS3" and this went on and on.

It's stupid really. But ok. Only thing that happens now is that 360 has halo 3, and Ps3 doesn't have either Mgs4 or GTA for the holidays. Basicaly that means PS3 doesn't have 1 Big name coming.

joesmokey

Holy shit, I guess it isn't too surprising considering we still don't know that much on the game, but wow, didn't really see that one coming.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
BenjaminBirdie said:
Sorry, my gif still stands.

4pFTWER.jpg

It just won't make a difference.

Thank God Bungie is on schedule for 07. Thank youuuuuu jesus.

Captive: John called this in his 07 predictions i think.

MercuryLS

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Y2Kev said:
Thank God Bungie is on schedule for 07. Thank youuuuuu jesus.

I'm sure that's what's MS is thinking right now, too.

On the bright side it'll probably be a better game than it would have been had it released in October... that's a pretty big delay so I expect to see some good shit.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
This really does not upset me, the more I think about it.

The list of games I would like to purchase this fall is HUGE. GTAIV is going to be a HUGE game and releasing during a typically slow period will be great as its size will be more appreciated. I mean, in the middle of a holiday rush, I normally wouldn't devote that much time to GTA and would only REALLY play the game months later. This also allows 2008 to shine on rather than the end of the year marking the beginning of a massive dry spell. We'll be able to catch up and enjoy everything released this holiday season while still having more goodies on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom