• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizo

Banned
Yo mangaf, any of you hankering for the new one piece 3DS designs?

pJptsSk.jpg

Ooh. I'll start taking the top one into consideration. I currently am choosing between these two:

Seeing Yusuke in that J-Stars Victory game really makes me want to go back to the manga/anime.

Probably have the same reaction to Gon if I bothered reading/watched Hiatus x Hiatus.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Remember that Naruto can use both Sage mode and Full-Power Bijuu mode simultaneously (e.g. one clone is sage mode and one clone is Bijuu)

Gamerloid

Seeing all these cool 3DS make me wonder why Nintendo of America never gives us any cool designs for games they didn't make. If it's not one of their top selling, there's never a bundle. I would've loved to have that Shin Megami Tensei IV 3DS XL. That One Piece one looks sick.

Akito

Shingeki no Kyojin 48
Very dialogue-heavy chapter which does not even reveal that much but I like it, Mikasa does not give a fuck and holy shit at the cliffhanger, Irvin show us once again why he is the commander.

Kenban no Ue no Caress 2

Im glad this stayed relatively light and didnt do a serious type of thing with the teacher feeling inferior and wanting to run away after thinking he would only be able to compare himself to the student prodigy for music. Thankfully feelings intertwined and we got a good scene.

Metal B

One Piece
I'm calling it now. Don flamingos plan was it to attract a lot of strong people with Aces Devilfruit to turn them into toys and use them as an army. All the named fighters of the last chapters in the colosseum will comeback as toys and fight the Strawhats. I could also see the marines helping them to fight the toys. The question would be, what Don Falmingos master plan is? Taking over the world, become the pirate king, selling the toys to other nations, building an army for the world goverment or a way for the world goverment to get rid of criminals.

Akito

Itsuya-san 3
Well damn, this took a dark turn all of a sudden, I should have seen this coming with this being written by Mizu Sahara and all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Attack on Titan 48

Oh snap. Mikasa was fucking badass and Irvin shot to the top of the badass chart too.

I really don't get why y'all complain so much about this series.
KuGsj.gif

upandaway

One Piece

Great stuff, pretty convenient that Luffy's already at the end goal haha.

I wonder if one of the Strawhats will be turned into a toy, could be interesting.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
First . . I'm going on a One Piece black out until the first of 2014, at which point I will marathon all that I've missed. I have made the pact with three of my friends, all of which understand the harsh roads ahead. Especially since I love this thread and now have to not read One Piece anything. Heart breaking, but it'll be worth it.

Second, holy shit, Attack on Titan is fantastic. I'm just through chapter 15 and it's such a tight and concise story so far with great action and fantastic twists at the end of every chapter. Never see it coming, always feel like I should have. Can't wait to keep reading.

Goodbye my Luffy love. You shall be missed.

One Piece 717

Finally this arc is starting to come together and wrap up things. I wanted a few chapters of the toy story though so I hope he delivers on that when all the characters come together of sorts. We just need Donflam and co to get to the coliseum fast, but considering his high rate of travel, I guess that is doable in a chapters time.

upandaway

Attack on Titan

I'm pretty lost at this point. Irvin is in front of them? And how come they can just ride on horses with titan chasing them, aren't horses much slower than titans?
Ymir's freak out was pretty awkward, but I'll reserve judgement until more is revealed. Anyway, this is escalating pretty dang fast. Mikasa bossing every single entity present :lol that part was great.

Anyway what I really want to know right now is what's up with Armin. All of this is completely his territory, and I love the guy, so I'm just waiting for him to be amazing.

Dynedom

Attack on Titan 48

Mikasa not giving a shit. I love it. This was actually an interesting chapter. Like someone mentioned, it helped that Eren was gagged.

Akito

First . . I'm going on a One Piece black out until the first of 2014, at which point I will marathon all that I've missed. I have made the pact with three of my friends, all of which understand the harsh roads ahead. Especially since I love this thread and now have to not read One Piece anything. Heart breaking, but it'll be worth it.

Second, holy shit, Attack on Titan is fantastic. I'm just through chapter 15 and it's such a tight and concise story so far with great action and fantastic twists at the end of every chapter. Never see it coming, always feel like I should have. Can't wait to keep reading.

Goodbye my Luffy love. You shall be missed.
Pretty weird moment to put the series on break when "shits are going down" but more power to you if you can stick to it to the end.

Attack on Titan

I'm pretty lost at this point. Irvin is in front of them? And how come they can just ride on horses with titan chasing them, aren't horses much slower than titans?
Ymir's freak out was pretty awkward, but I'll reserve judgement until more is revealed. Anyway, this is escalating pretty dang fast. Mikasa bossing every single entity present :lol that part was great.

Anyway what I really want to know right now is what's up with Armin. All of this is completely his territory, and I love the guy, so I'm just waiting for him to be amazing.
Not necessary, to me it looks like the titans are able to accelerate/run only for a limited amount of time and they are as fast, maybe a little faster than horses during that time. There are exceptions of course but if horses are much slower, the female titan arc wouldn't have made much sense.

upandaway

Not necessary, to me it looks like the titans are able to accelerate/run only for a limited amount of time and they are as fast, maybe a little faster than horses during that time. There are exceptions of course but if horses are much slower, the female titan arc wouldn't have made much sense.
Wait, I was pretty much thinking about the female titan stuff when I said that. The whole formation was turned upside down because of a bunch of titans she brought over, right?

Besides, if they could just stroll around with titans chasing them, why are casualty rates for outside trips so high?

One Piece

now we know about the toys and that weird relationship they have in this town.

Interested to hear what Garp did to the old man and it seems like Don has some crazy ass plan for these people in his town.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Pretty weird moment to put the series on break when "shits are going down" but more power to you if you can stick to it to the end.

So true, but if not now, it won't happen. The last break was at thriller bark and coming back after a year of not reading and marathonning it was incredible.

I am not sure I'll really be able to keep up.

upandaway

So like what's the spoiler policy for this thread? I just decided to wander in here and lurk and then a few pages back I run into totally unmarked Attack on Titan spoilers :/ (like not even a heading or anyway to be aware of what I was reading until I had read it)

Is it just like anything goes in here? Like for the most part I'd seen spoiler tags if it seemed they were having a detailed conversation about the a manga or people were usually generally vague when talking about any particular chapter or what not (plus they had headings). Should I just never step foot in this thread again?
Most of the time, you're gonna see a good bolded header before the chapter impressions, which is when you take the warning.

But during a longer conversation, you can't really expect a bolded header for every single post. If you see a bolded header, and then see that guy quoted below, and that post itself quoted below, it's a good assumption that they're all about the same series even if some posts don't have the header (when you see a dude bolding a series you don't wanna be spoiled on, skip all his unmarked posts for the next couple, it's simple enough). Those spoilers you're talking about were probably partly me (I think), so I'm just making sure here. If it wasn't that way, call us out on it and we'll fix it.

I hate being spoiled and the thread is working out for me, so hopefully you can stick around without any damage! (pictures are a different monster, but I have a CSS style that hides pictures behind a click, it's really neat)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
(One) punch-man 88+89

Saitama is so excited, he finally found someone who didn't die in a single hit. That said Saitama still seems to be many levels above him. This'll be a good fight.

Akito

Wait, I was pretty much thinking about the female titan stuff when I said that. The whole formation was turned upside down because of a bunch of titans she brought over, right?

Besides, if they could just stroll around with titans chasing them, why are casualty rates for outside trips so high?
I always thought it happened because she broke through the scouts first and let the lesser titans finish the work after that.
As for the high casualty rates, it's not like you can run away forever, the horses have limited stamina too and the 3DMG simply are not nearly as effective as within cities.

upandaway

I always thought it happened because she broke through the scouts first and let the lesser titans finish the work after that.
As for the high casualty rates, it's not like you can run away forever, the horses have limited stamina too and the 3DMG simply are not nearly as effective as within cities.
Well, I'm not really calling something out here, it's fine. It's just catching me off guard because we did the jump from total chaos and terror to actual leading around/strategies really fast (at least, way faster than MLA, haha). It's sorta weird that the horses' stamina is the reason because that's a completely known and controllable variable, maybe there just aren't as many deviants in this group as opposed to normal trips outside.

I just hope we won't get to a point where normal titans are a non-factor.

One Piece

I like how everything is converging to one point.

Naruto

So he has a weakness, therefore its not his final form.

Shingeki no Kyojin 48

Based Mikasa laying down the law.

Based Irvin not giving a fuck and using the Military Police as bait.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
i thought the kyuubi was pure evil, simply a mass of evil chakra, how does he have a good and bad side? wouldnt it all be bad?

Lore no Mori 1-3 (END)
A collection of 3 sizable shoujo horror stories, each with a link (albeit a tenuous one sometimes) to the titular "Forest of Lore".

Reading this has left me... slightly annoyed. Each of the 3 chapters had the foundations for a very interesting horror story, but their potential was stifled by the author's delivery, whether it was by being needlessly convoluted, or poor build-up, or just not making much sense at points, or whatever. Really goes to show how a weak storyteller can bring down a good story. I still enjoyed it a lot, but with some tweaking it could've left a much greater impression on me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Birdmen 2

It looks like the set up is finally done. Not many manga have the balls to start as slowly and methodically as this one has but I think it'll reap the benefits. So good.

Where did people got the Dark Kyuubi thing, I thought it was just a silhouette. Naruto's version was pretty fucking evil and it took him 16 years to tame him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Where did people got the Dark Kyuubi thing, I thought it was just a silhouette. Naruto's version was pretty fucking evil and it took him 16 years to tame him.

Kyuubi was split in two when Minato sealed it, Naruto got half and Minato sealed the other half with himself.

i thought the kyuubi was pure evil, simply a mass of evil chakra, how does he have a good and bad side? wouldnt it all be bad?

Gotta make his mind up, which chakra will he taaaaake

Attack on Titan 48

Holy shit that ending, holy shit that speech from Bertholdt, holy shit Eren not talking

Akito

Birdmen 2

I lol'ed

Playtime's over, now let's see where this can go

Oricon Comic Rankings July 29th - August 4th

01. One Piece #71 (1,542,134)
02. Ao no Exorcist #11 (349,758)
03. Kuroko no Basket #23 (314,750)
04. Bleach #60 (255,363)
05. Toriko #26 (148,170)
06. Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi&#65374;Onodera Ritsu no Baai&#65374; #6 (119,268)
07. Haikyuu!! #7 (117,022)
08. Shokugeki no Souma #3 (108,389)
09. Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu&#12290;#4 (96,764 / 255,883)
10. Sket Dance #32 (96,020)
11. One Punch-man #4 (92,653)
12. Kimi to Boku&#12290;#13 (84,963 / 124,401)
13. Sukitte Iinayo&#12290;#11 (82,653 / 247,826)
14. Channel wa Sonomama!&#12304;HHTV Hookaidou&#9733;Telebi&#12305; #6 (64,339 / 64,505)
15. Kobayashi ga Kawai Sugite Tsuraii!! #3 (61,707 / 119,367)
16. Mahou-ka Koukou no Rettousei #3 (60,476 / 95,376)
17. Giant Killing #28 (57,830 / 247,681)
18. Kuroko no Basket Drama CD Enclosed Edition #23 (57,415)
19. Koukou Debut Enren-hen #15 (57,275 / 143,491)
20. Miseinen Dakedo Kodomo ja Nai #2 (52,149 / 97,715)
21. Meitantei Conan #80 (49,790 / 452,784)
22. Nana to Kaoru #11 (40,532 / 40,873)
23. Shinya Shokudou #11 (40,272)
24. Yu&#9734;Gi&#9734;Oh 5D's #6 (39,841)
25. 5-ji Kara 9-ji Made #7 (39,748 / 83,719)
26. Shingeki no Kyojin #10 (39,137 / 1,423,140)
27. Shingeki no Kyojin #9 (37,107 / 1,452,987)
28. Shingeki no Kyojin #8 (36,091 / 1,483,446)
29. Shingeki no Kyoijn #7 (35,543 / 1,498,499)
30. Gin no Saji #8 (35,488 / 621,906)
31. One Piece #70 (34,789 / 2,855,781)
32. Shingeki no Kyojin #6 (34,762 / 1,585,558)
33. Shingeki no Kyojin #1 (34,488 / 1,884,371)
34. Shingeki no Kyojin #2 (32,971 / 1,835,204)
35. Shingeki no Kyojin #5 (32,900 / 1,633,733)
36. Naruto #65 (32,550 / 962,112)
37. Shingeki no Kyojin #3 (32,016 / 1,789,698)
38. Shingeki no Kyojin #4 (31,962 / 1,668,575)
39. Vinland Saga #13 (31,890 / 140,050)
40. Dragon Jam #9 (31,592)
41. Pin to Kona #10 (31,060 / 67,825)
42. Ahiru no Sora #38 (30,138 / 267,562)
43. Kagerou Days Official Anthology Comic -Summer- (29,916 / 44,954)
44. Shutohell #8 (28,455)
45. Asa Hinagu #9 (27,893)
46. Yu&#9734;Gi&#9734;Oh Zexal #5 (26,931)
47. Last Inning #39 (26,791)
48. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #5 (26,381 / 561,516)
49. Usotsuki Lily #12 (25,615 / 65,689)
50. Kingdom #31 (23,174 / 231,972)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom