• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";75236607]The whole point of yin and yang is that there isn't a good or bad.[/QUOTE]

This.

Yin relates to one's spiritual energy and Yang relates to one's physical energy and it's necessary to utilise both of these in order to mould chakra for ninjutsu.

Minato sealed the Yin (spiritual) side within himself and the Yang (physical) side within Naruto.

Birdmen 2

Oricon Comic Rankings July 29th - August 4th

06. Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi&#65374;Onodera Ritsu no Baai&#65374; #6 (119,268)
07. Haikyuu!! #7 (117,022)
08. Shokugeki no Souma #3 (108,389)

24. Yu&#9734;Gi&#9734;Oh 5D's #6 (39,841)
46. Yu&#9734;Gi&#9734;Oh Zexal #5 (26,931)

Go sekaiichi hatsukoi, they need to give us more info on the anime.
IMO 5ds > zexal, though the duels have been great all around in both.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I assume it was released like a day or two ago?
(I mean, a day or two before August 4th)

Yes, it was released on August 2nd.
It will probably be another 5 years before we see Marineford levels of sales again. I think the boost was due to a new generation of readers learning about One Piece and picking up all the volumes.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
This.

Minato sealed the Yin (spiritual) side within himself and the Yang (physical) side within Naruto.
Ah this makes sense. but then I don't see why the yin and yang side will be any different like this chapter seems to insinuate. "enough to move even THIS half of me"...okay bruh

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";75256511]what if sasuke gets the other half[/QUOTE]

I swear to god if you do that God's Beard I will hunt you down

Akito

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";75256511]what if sasuke gets the other half[/QUOTE]
cggz7qqeb7up3bx4o.png

Only thing to do

One Piece - 717

Finally, everything is understandable! Just that small conversation in this chapter makes all the blanks for me fill in. Now I can finally look at this arc and not seem so out of place with everything.

Also, could someone explain to me why the old guy was crying? He kinda just broke out of nowhere with that.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Ah this makes sense. but then I don't see why the yin and yang side will be any different like this chapter seems to insinuate. "enough to move even THIS half of me"...okay bruh

Well yin is darkness and yang is light. Darkness is not inherently "evil," but it's probably.. colder? Less likely to be swayed by lovey doveyness?

One Piece - 717

Finally, everything is understandable! Just that small conversation in this chapter makes all the blanks for me fill in. Now I can finally look at this arc and not seem so out of place with everything.

Also, could someone explain to me why the old guy was crying? He kinda just broke out of nowhere with that.

Brought back memories of him failing at his dream. Probably foiled by Garp and Rayleigh.

Naruto

Sasuke's reaction to that Naruto face was hilarious and then later on when he had that comment to Naruto when Naruto asked about his power.

After finally playing more of NUNS3 and watching The Yellow Flash of Konoha, Minato's, emotional part putting half the nine tails chakra away to have it come back to the plot this was was a nice touch and showed that Kishimoto really plans things well in advancing making the most minute details extremely important and relevant to the plot. Even Sage Jutsu back. Sasuke needs something now too. Good chapter on many fronts.

Sasuke's Kirin uses nature so it should work against Obito. All is needed are clouds.

One Piece 717

I guess after spending a bunch of weeks not caring about what the hell is going on, things are finally starting to come together. Eh. Still don't care.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Naruto

OK, if Sauske gets sage mode I will call bullshit. This is Naruto's time to shine. Honestly I like this twist mostly due to Sage Mode being so much cooler than the Kyuubi powers. After the last few weeks of bullshit I feel like Kishi finally found his footing again. This is pretty awesome, don't screw this up God's Beard.

One Piece

And now all those plot lines come together in a really interesting way. I wonder who has those toy powers and why Donfla had him do it in the first place. The reveal of where the factory was unexpected. I can't say I saw that coming at all. That last page was pretty awesome though. This is definitely coming together really well.

Spongebob

Banned
Naruto

OK, if Sauske gets sage mode I will call bullshit. This is Naruto's time to shine. Honestly I like this twist mostly due to Sage Mode being so much cooler than the Kyuubi powers. After the last few weeks of bullshit I feel like Kishi finally found his footing again. This is pretty awesome, don't screw this up God's Beard.

One Piece

And now all those plot lines come together in a really interesting way. I wonder who has those toy powers and why Donfla had him do it in the first place. The reveal of where the factory was unexpected. I can't say I saw that coming at all. That last page was pretty awesome though. This is definitely coming together really well.
He won't, I think Kirin can probably hurt Juubito as well.

Edit: Naruto has had plenty of time to shine, he's been fighting battle after battle in this war. If anyone needs time to shine its Sasuke. He hasn't went all out in a battle since the Danzo fight which was more than 3 years ago.

Naruto

One Piece

LOL the last time he got to shine we got what will go down in history as truly one of the most epic battle of talk no jutsu the world has ever seen

bigkrev

One Piece vol 24

Kinda felt that Robin joining the crew was abrupt. She pretty much just shows up and says "Hey, let me join", and everyone but Zoro and Nami are perfectly fine with it.

Bellemy (who i'm guessing is going to be the villain for this arc) has a rather generic character design. Considering how extravagant most characters are in this series, he's a bit of a letdown. Well, I guess he still has a while to prove me wrong though.

Floating Islands should be interesting.

Ezalc

Suddenly reading manga about gambling when:

Edited it out because it contained some things that apparently can't be posted here. But it's basically a page saying " The 44th president of the United States of America. KING OMAHA!"

Wut.

EDIT: He goes on to say how he can change the darkness of the villain, he'll personally beat him in some gambling competition.

Wut.

Acid08

Banned
One Piece vol 24

Kinda felt that Robin joining the crew was abrupt. She pretty much just shows up and says "Hey, let me join", and everyone but Zoro and Nami are perfectly fine with it.

Bellemy (who i'm guessing is going to be the villain for this arc) has a rather generic character design. Considering how extravagant most characters are in this series, he's a bit of a letdown. Well, I guess he still has a while to prove me wrong though.

Floating Islands should be interesting.
Here we go.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Silver Spoon (caught up)

I'm glad someone put Komaba in his place, he had a really bad attitude.

I thought his attitude was appropriate for someone who lost his home and lost his dreams.

Also I still think ayame had exactly zero ground to stand on with putting him in place, especially with the way she was flaunting earlier.

Tripon

Any of you guys reading One-Punch Man, both the original webcomic and the collaboration between ONE and Murata? Its one of my favorite series at the moment, and is a great sartorial series on the state of Super hero comics today.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, there are quite a few people here following OPM.

Shingeki no kyojin 48

Am I the only one who finds the dialogue in the recent chapters really hard to follow?

Toriko

I can't believe that the author did the battle between midora and the president off screen. WTF.

iavi

Any of you guys reading One-Punch Man, both the original webcomic and the collaboration between ONE and Murata? Its one of my favorite series at the moment, and is a great sartorial series on the state of Super hero comics today.

So many of us are

Shingeki no kyojin 48

Am I the only one who finds the dialogue in the recent chapters really hard to follow?

Not at all. I think it's the bubble layout. The actual writing's not badly phrased at all.

Kurita

One of the most read manga in this thread.

tri_willy

after all the build up in the previous chapters... thats got to be one of the most underwhelming chapters from a highly hyped build up... ffs

Lain

Alice in Hell volume 2
ynt.png

I feel so dirty for enjoying this story so much
seeing the mom getting raped in front of her kids, with one of those low life going to slit the throat of the crying little girl, only for his knife-wielding hand going flying and hitting the rapist who is cumming -he cums right as he's hit by the knife or maybe thanks to the knife hit lol- inside the lady and the little girl stops crying and tells the dude that lost his hand "hey mister, where did your hand go?" and then everyone gets killed by Shu, who comes out telling the lady who's thanking him and her kids "don't misunderstand, I only killed them because I wanted their weapons" and then geeking out on the weapons he's getting.
. It's all so hilariously dark, at times cringe-worthy at times blood pumping. In other words it keeps being great.
Given what happens in the volume, we could say that misunderstanding is the main theme of the book.

I also want to share that I keep flip-flopping on Shu. One moment I think he's cool, the next I hope someone kicks him in the balls.

Savage Garden volume 1
xnt.jpg

In 18th century England, Gabriel, an orphan girl from a fallen noble family befriended a young man named Jeremy, who was rumored to be an illegitimate child of a nobleman. After an incident occurred, resulting in his tragic death, Gabriel must impersonate her friend Jeremy, taking his place at an all boys academy for nobles, a place that may seem like heaven to others, but really hides a harshness which she would never have imagined.

I bought this for two reasons. The main reason, and the bigger one, is the author, Lee Hyeon-Sook, same author as Flowers of Evil which I greatly enjoyed. The plot summary was the second reason, obviously, because gender bender is plenty of fun.
I found this first volume to lack a bit of consequentiality, but it makes up for it with the drama -mostly from the abuse of little assholes that think they're better than others because of their asshole parents status at the expenses of Gabriel- and Gabriel/Jeremy being a somewhat strong female main character so far.

I was expecting a bit more from the art.

Claymore volume 23
vnt.jpg

Unlike many here, I love this manga and I found this volume great. The little talk at the start, the showing of the Asarakam and Milia being plain awesome as the leader that doesn't want others to dirty their own hands with a human's blood were just the tip of the iceberg, given the way the volume ends. I was waiting for the moment Claire would finally reappear but I didn't expect it to happen this volume. Making it happen through Raki was a bit cheap, but it makes sense, given how finding Raki was one of Claire's main goals.
About Claire's reappearance, I found it nice that it was also used to explain what the deal was with a claymore's body (since I don't remember it being explicitly shown or explained in the past), though I expected something worse than just that.

Now, I have some questions in my head about how Raki became this strong and why the bad dudes would go talk to him at the end of the volume, but I don't wanna go look at scans for Claymore so I'll have to wait until December to find out.

any other Manga with no nonsense non-teasing as what you guy's here call "Aunt Tits" ?

need another long read 80+ chapters

edit: seeing Claymore about is it a good time to read this again I left off when the kid was hit with the abismal thing and separated from Claire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom