• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
khuxbsE.jpg

Lesson learn: Do not get in the way of Raika wanting time with Hina

Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! - Rojou Kansatsu Kenkyuu Nisshi 31

lol Nimura is a walking incarnation of NTR.

Don't really have any sympathy for the boyfriends either when they themselves got aroused while watching it happen.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
NISEKOI

Anyone, everyone, and all their mothers and grandmothers know that the long-haired girl will win by default.

So why would anyone still read this if it doesn't even have a "suspense" on "who is the girl that the idiot will end up with."

Who, Chitoge? She won from chapter 1, its fucking manga

Azumi 1-2

Oh boy, this is gonna be a long journey (even assuming it will get steady releases). I remember watching the 2 live action movies years ago but they were dumb down as expected, while the first mission for the young assassins was indeed to kill each other so that they will be prepared for all the ones that follow but I don't recall the second mission being the assassination of an entire small village, women and babies included (one they just had visited shortly before to boost). The art is kinda awkward but does has the old school charms to it.

no way. someone actually started translating this. finally!

There was a list of the best selling Weekly Shonen Sunday Titles

01 - Detective Conan / Case Closed (140 million copies) - Gosho Aoyama
02 - Touch (60 to 100 million copies) - Mitsuru Adachi
03 - H2 (55 million) - Mitsuru Adachi
04 - Ranma 1/2 (53 million) - Rumiko Takahashi
05 - Major (50 million copies) - Takuya Mitsuda
06 - InuYasha (45 million copies) - Rumiko Takahashi
07 - Kyo Kara Ore Wa!! (40 million copies) - Hiroyuki Nishimori
08 - Urusei Yatsura (26 to 35 million copies) - Rumiko Takahashi
09 - Ushio and Tora (26 million copies) - Kazuhiro Fujita
10 - Flame of Recca (25 million copies) - Nobuyuki Anzai
11 - Zatch Bell! (22 million copies) - Makoto Raiku
12 - Mobile Police Patlabor (19 million) - Masami Yuki
13 - Hayate the Combat Butler (17 million copies) - Kenjiro Hata
14 - Kekkaishi (16 million copies) - Yellow Tanabe
15 – Rough (15 million copies) - Mitsuru Adachi

bjork

Kyou Kara Ore Wa!! was such a fun series. I was sad when I finished it, because it was over.

Not as sad as when Worst ended recently, but.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kyou Kara Ore Wa!! was such a fun series. I was sad when I finished it, because it was over.

On one end, I agree, on the other hand, they stretched it about as far as you can go with the concept.

I really want an epilogue manga to see what mitsuhashi is up to now.

Akito

There was a list of the best selling Weekly Shonen Sunday Titles

01 - Detective Conan / Case Closed (140 million copies) - Gosho Aoyama
02 - Touch (60 to 100 million copies) - Mitsuru Adachi
03 - H2 (55 million) - Mitsuru Adachi
04 - Ranma 1/2 (53 million) - Rumiko Takahashi
05 - Major (50 million copies) - Takuya Mitsuda
06 - InuYasha (45 million copies) - Rumiko Takahashi
07 - Kyo Kara Ore Wa!! (40 million copies) - Hiroyuki Nishimori
08 - Urusei Yatsura (26 to 35 million copies) - Rumiko Takahashi
09 - Ushio and Tora (26 million copies) - Kazuhiro Fujita
10 - Flame of Recca (25 million copies) - Nobuyuki Anzai
11 - Zatch Bell! (22 million copies) - Makoto Raiku
12 - Mobile Police Patlabor (19 million) - Masami Yuki
13 - Hayate the Combat Butler (17 million copies) - Kenjiro Hata
14 - Kekkaishi (16 million copies) - Yellow Tanabe
15 &#8211; Rough (15 million copies) - Mitsuru Adachi

Huh, I never knew Rough was that popular, I wonder why we never got an anime and just a terrible LA movie. Pretty good list I'd say although Conan is only on top because it's freaking endless, Touch is the secret winner.

Speaking of which, anyone interested in a Weekly Shounen Sunday cover collection? It's nowhere near complete but the last 30 years are covered at least.

Soul Eater

Haha. Nice ending, but i would have liked and expected to see Maka´s mom.

The last Death Scythe was brilliant writing and confirms the end of the war between shibusen and the witches.

Bewbs, bewbs, and ass ratio.

Marie got pregnant with Stein, very nice but poor baby lol.

W smile made me laugh so hard.

Crona is still unknown to be a guy or a girl. I actually like that. This kind of mystery is alright with me. I don´t need everything to be explained.

No kiss between Soul and Maka is also great.

Kid looks great in his shinigami cape.

I loved the OX Kim moment. I really loved the way Ohkubo portrait them when Ox saved her. I wish there were more concentration on the second team. I really did not like that they were ignored after Aracne.

All in all, great series, and a lovely ending.

YIAxL0w.png

TWGOK 237-238

Can't say I care about Tenri when Kaori is still the only thing I find enjoyable about this arc.

And there's like a 0% chance of Keima quitting now.

Tamashii no Futago

"Alex and Rita are two souls who died at the same moment on different ends of the earth. This is the story of their interactions with the humans who can see them as they travel towards each other."

Premise sounded interesting enough by itself, but then I saw the girl's 'dead' design and was souled. I'll hold off on reading it for now until I've gotten through more of the junk in my backlog (all 14 chapters are out already).

Aizo

Banned
X/1999 (Vol. 3)
This manga goes quite quickly. I read this volume in 10-15 minutes, and I read very slowly. The art never ceases to impress; the detail is just stunning. I read Tokyo Babylon in hopes that this story would make more sense, but I still find myself a little lost. They keep saying stuff like "Now the end of the world is starting," so I hope that I get some explanations about the different groups. I can't tell who is bad and who is good!

AX Vol. 1: A Collection of Alternative Manga
Okay, now I've read everything that Tatsumi has had translated of his work.
This is a collection of 33 different short stories ranging from charming tales of childhood to tales of extreme sexual deviance. It's really a mixed bag in terms of content and quality. There are some works that I positively adored, but some really left me wondering why they were placed into the collection. Overall, a very interesting read.

Yami no Hou E
Yamamoto Takato's art is top notch. It's grotesque, detailed, and intriguing. His works have, so far, left me wanting more in terms of plot and characters, though. It's really quite the deep read.

Vertical (North America) picked up Fumi Yoshinaga's What Did You Eat Yesterday? for 2014.

The manga revolves around Shir&#333; Kakei, a methodical lawyer, and his lover Kenji Yabuki, a sociable hairstylist. The manga tells the story of their everyday lives together in their apartment through their cooking and eating habits. The series also provides recipes and cooking tips for the food featured in each chapter.

Definitely getting.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya-chan Vol.2

fGopL7rl.jpg

Still the same fun formula of going through past events of the series and putting a silly spin on it.

Aizo

Banned
Nisekoi (Ch. 84-85)
These were probably the best chapters in the whole series. They actually talked about real emotion, not just some fake manga love pentagon bullshit.
Nisekoi (Ch. 86)
Back to the bullshit.

Tripon

One Punch Man 92

Looks like One Punch Man chapter 92 was updated with new pages, making it twice as long. Or it was really 93 but included with 92 for some reason. Anyway, Garou is upping his maximum lameness.

BluWacky

X/1999 (Vol. 3)
This manga goes quite quickly. I read this volume in 10-15 minutes, and I read very slowly. The art never ceases to impress; the detail is just stunning. I read Tokyo Babylon in hopes that this story would make more sense, but I still find myself a little lost. They keep saying stuff like "Now the end of the world is starting," so I hope that I get some explanations about the different groups. I can't tell who is bad and who is good!

The Tokyo Babylon links don't come in until a little later - keep reading!

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun 61

Oh wow, that was a surprising development.

Can't wait for Touma to pop in and punch the old man or Misaka.

Aizo

Banned
The Tokyo Babylon links don't come in until a little later - keep reading!

I know Subaru and Seishirou will come back 'cause they have to have their standoff! Although, I thought reading that would explain more about the seven seals and all that jazz.

Damn almost nothing I read is getting updated :(

Time for you to pick up a new series. Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom