• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Watching the Minna! Esper Dayo! drama... Can't believe the manga isn't translated.
ifSDaCgc4X9YW.png

ibapoyVbH23Fhx.png

Ketchup Ninja 1-5

Nice. I like the premise of this manga. I hope it does not wear off fast.

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun 61

Oh wow, that was a surprising development.

Can't wait for Touma to pop in and punch the old man or Misaka.

I like the anime, i should really read the manga. How many chapters does the anime cover?

Acid08

Banned
I know Subaru and Seishirou will come back 'cause they have to have their standoff! Although, I thought reading that would explain more about the seven seals and all that jazz.

Time for you to pick up a new series. Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Oh I have a bunch of stuff I can start but I want new chapters from the stuff I follow, ya know?

The one that's pissing me off the most is Initial D. The manga ended last week and the translations are still almost 50 chapter behind. Sekirei has like 3 or so chapters untranslated. Aunt Tits is on break for a week or so I think?

bigkrev

One Piece vol 25-26

Apart from the return of Buggy the Clown, I'm really not feeling this story arc. Skypiea is all but unknown to everyone on the ground, and yet there is a conversion rate (and a pretty high one) for Berries? Nico Robin's power display has been pretty cool- attaching eyes to a stretched Luffy arm, but so far she has the personality of a cardboard box compared to the rest of the crew.

Aizo

Banned
One Piece vol 25-26

Apart from the return of Buggy the Clown, I'm really not feeling this story arc. Skypiea is all but unknown to everyone on the ground, and yet there is a conversion rate (and a pretty high one) for Berries? Nico Robin's power display has been pretty cool- attaching eyes to a stretched Luffy arm, but so far she has the personality of a cardboard box compared to the rest of the crew.

Save your opinions on Robin for the next arc. Berries? Do you mean
Beli.png
? I think most people translate it as beli or belly; the transliteration is ber&#299;, so no 's' and only one 'r'. Personally, I think "belly" is silly.

Andromeda Stories (Vol. 1)
I've read Terra e..., so I thought I should check this out, too. Very cool setting. I love when writers mix fantasy worlds with some archaic looking scifi concepts.

Akito

Mix 15
All the cards are laid and the results are pretty clear as well, sorry Nan-chan, I hope you'll at least enjoy the ride like us readers.

One Piece vol 25-26

You are just catching up to toonami correct?

Gamerloid

Shokugeki no Soma Chapters 2-5

I really dislike that examiner. Soma must succeed and make it to the top just to knock her off her high horse.

wonzo

Banned
Boku wa Mari no Naka 18

Holy shit, this is hands down the greatest gender/body swap manga that'll ever exist. That last *NSFW* double page spread *NSFW* is the kinda thing you'll never really see pulled in this genre by an author that isn't the calibre of Oshimi Shuuzou.

READ THIS.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Have you ever read Watchmen? Same deal. He wants to give humanity a common enemy that would force them all to unite and throw aside all their petty squabbles in order to prevail.

Oh yeah, I can see that, though I thought the way
Ozymandias
did it was kinda lame.

Akiyamakun 1-6 (end)
tumblr_mrcke8hXY81qbxqfpo1_250.png

Another one that feels its been years just to finish six chapters. But it was worth it at least for the shorter and younger one taking charge of the action. First chapter was pretty intriguing just for the quick foot action to the big scene. While their romance was going on with lots of sweet scenes that friends involved seemed to also provide rather thought provoking moments. It was unfortunate that it seemed like it was making an accurate portrayal of what friends would do in such a situation seeing their friend they went to school with turn out in such a way and then just treating them like an outcast. Sano took it the worst though, though at least his dream had made up for it and fortunately it turned as I would have hoped with the closefriendship=love type thing. Would have been nice to get a continuation as it just ends. Worthwhile. Good color page too.

Tripon

Have you ever read Watchmen? Same deal. He wants to give humanity a common enemy that would force them all to unite and throw aside all their petty squabbles in order to prevail.

That's assuming that Garou didn't make up that bullshit on the spot. I think he did so he had a reason to be a dick to people instead of having to own up that he thinks its fun to beat up people. What he really hates is his own weakness and he can't accept that.

bigkrev

Save your opinions on Robin for the next arc. Berries? Do you mean
Beli.png
? I think most people translate it as beli or belly; the transliteration is ber&#299;, so no 's' and only one 'r'. Personally, I think "belly" is silly.

I'm reading the Viz translation, they just straight up call them Berries.

You are just catching up to toonami correct?

Undecided. I'm gonna get to that point and see how I'm liking it. It took me multiple tries to get started, but I'll keep reading as long as it stays good. This arc is a slog so far.

You don't like classy, hot, mature women mate?

Nah, I like them young and dumb.
Thankfully, being gay means I never have to lower my standards!

Antiwhippy

That's assuming that Garou didn't make up that bullshit on the spot. I think he did so he had a reason to be a dick to people instead of having to own up that he thinks its fun to beat up people. What he really hates is his own weakness and he can't accept that.

Yeah, it all felt so made up. Though I am super interested in how saitama will respond to his "no sense of duty" remark, because that's fucking saitama to a tee.

Pimpwerx

Stupid question, but are Berserk and HunterxHunter ever going to return from hiatus? I started Berserk after I heard Miura was a slacker, so I wasn't disappointed. OTOH, I thought HxH was different. I had no idea the author took such breaks, and had so many sketched chapters. Are the hiatuses usually this long? PEACE.

Antiwhippy

No doubt, Saitama will probably own up to it and not give a fuck though.

I do wonder though. It could be a chance for ONE to create a more drastic character development for saitama, as much as I love how little of a shit he gives about anything.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Stupid question, but are Berserk and HunterxHunter ever going to return from hiatus? I started Berserk after I heard Miura was a slacker, so I wasn't disappointed. OTOH, I thought HxH was different. I had no idea the author took such breaks, and had so many sketched chapters. Are the hiatuses usually this long? PEACE.

Berserk usually gets a chapter every few months. It has a release schedule, it's just not monthly or weekly or even bi-monthly.

HxH on the other hand will never finish. Why you ask? Because Dragon Quest X is now an MMO.

I do wonder though. It could be a chance for ONE to create a more drastic character development for saitama, as much as I love how little of a shit he gives about anything.

Could be. Won't.

Pimpwerx

Berserk usually gets a chapter every few months. It has a release schedule, it's just not monthly or weekly or even bi-monthly.

HxH on the other hand will never finish. Why you ask? Because Dragon Quest X is now an MMO.
Huh. Didn't know that about Berserk. I thought it just got released whenever Idolmaster servers were down. ;) PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom