• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mix 15
I was having H2 flashbacks with that bathroom nudity scene. New guy has all the hallmarks of supporting character who never gets a shot with the girl, an Adachi staple (although now that I think about it, Cross Game's ending changed that formula up a bit).

Aizo

Banned
What is it supposed to be?

I think most people translate it as beli or belly; the transliteration is ber&#299;, so no 's' and only one 'r'. Personally, I think "belly" is silly.
I don't know how Oda would want it translated. Perhaps "Berries" is the correct translation, but that doesn't make it sound any less awful. Now I'm going to imagine them trading fruit for everything.

Erigu

I don't know how Oda would want it translated. Perhaps "Berries" is the correct translation
I think it might very well be, yeah. I mean, if I had to take a guess, that's what I'd go with, personally.
(and yes, I saw your previous post, but it didn't make much sense to me)

EDIT:
GwTaT2i.jpg

Yep, "Berry". And "Berries" would be a logical plural.

Aizo

Banned
I think it might very well be, yeah. I mean, if I had to take a guess, that's what I'd go with, personally.
(and yes, I saw your previous post, but it didn't make much sense to me)

EDIT:
GwTaT2i.jpg

Yep, "Berry". And "Berries" would be a logical plural.

A logical plural, yes; one of several plausible options. I think if it was &#12505;&#12483;&#12522;&#12540;&#12474; (berr&#299;zu), then I wouldn't have any sort of argument, but &#12505;&#12522;&#12540; is very ambiguous. I mean look at how dollar is transliterated into Japanese: it's &#12489;&#12523; (doru), so I think ber&#299; is definitely up for interpretation.

Lain

Boku wa Mari no Naka 18

Holy shit, this is hands down the greatest gender/body swap manga that'll ever exist. That last *NSFW* double page spread *NSFW* is the kinda thing you'll never really see pulled in this genre by an author that isn't the calibre of Oshimi Shuuzou.

READ THIS.

I'll read it, but... did they forget to do chapter 15-16?

Jintor

I only got about 3 chapters into that body swap manga before I realised that what I was looking for wasn't there and what was there was something I couldn't deal with at that time

Aizo

Banned
Boku wa Mari no Naka (Ch. 1-18)
I'm intrigued. I really want to know what happens next. Damn you all for making me interested. I read 1-18 in one go, but I really should be sleeping.

Akito

Mix 15
I was having H2 flashbacks with that bathroom nudity scene. New guy has all the hallmarks of supporting character who never gets a shot with the girl, an Adachi staple (although now that I think about it, Cross Game's ending changed that formula up a bit).
That's true but unless Adachi introduces one more recurring female character, Nan-chan is doomed.

Akito

OPM v4 extra
:DTL the prison. It rally put into perspective what a beast Saitama is because of how easily he's dealt with Sonic. Speaking of which, his serious face gets me every time, especially when he's just thinking of the next sale.

Erigu

A logical plural, yes; one of several plausible options. I think if it was &#12505;&#12483;&#12522;&#12540;&#12474; (berr&#299;zu), then I wouldn't have any sort of argument
I'm afraid that's just because you're not very familiar with the Japanese language. ^^;

First off, do you actually pronounce a "double R" in the word "berry"? Would you pronounce "bery" differently? No reason to expect a "&#12483;" there, really.
Then, no plural for Japanese words. For example, they would use "&#12509;&#12531;&#12489;" even for several pounds.

I think ber&#299; is definitely up for interpretation.
Guess I wasted my time looking for an official spelling... ^^;

flawfuls

Anjuu no Chi

Holy shit someone actually start translating this again after four long years of nothing. Once again I will be able to experience Yamamoto Naoki's bizarre sex crazed brilliance.

Oh wait.

RrSL5o4.jpg

:/

OrNunTx.png

Still too beautiful for this world.

Kare no Tokubetsu na Kare 2
tumblr_mrdcvylJGS1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Feels kind of slow at times, two chapters just to get the phone number even...regardless it was fun at times, the kindergarten is a great setting for seeing Suruga's struggles and his feelings in regards to his life.

Kurita

Still want Minna! Esper Dayo! scans. Or better, an actual release in the west.
We got Detroit Metal City by the same author...

Theonik

Fallen to the Dark Side
A touching story about a concerned older brother trying to confront his now evil little sister into returning from her mahou Shoujo villainous ways. Will he succeed in purifying his sister back into the world of light? Read to find out!

Angel Densetsu 1-84 (END)
Wasn't hugely enamoured by the opening chapters, but after a while the fighting took a back seat and it evolved into more of a general comedy with a side order of romance and violence, making it much more enjoyable. Although having said that, the Kitano-Ikuno fight in vol 14 was still probably the most affecting scene.

Decent read overall. Bonus points for having strong female characters.

I realise this is a stupid question, but is that manga lewd
Stupid onii-chan.

Gamerloid

Fallen to the Dark Side

A touching story about a concerned older brother trying to confront his now evil little sister into returning from her mahou Shoujo villainous ways. Will he succeed in purifying his sister back into the world of light? Read to find out!

I might just read that just because of the way you advertised it.

Jintor

Angel Densetsu 1-84 (END)

Wasn't hugely enamoured by the opening chapters, but after a while the fighting took a back seat and it evolved into more of a general comedy with a side order of romance and violence, making it much more enjoyable. Although having said that, the Kitano-Ikuno fight in vol 14 was still probably the most affecting scene.

Decent read overall. Bonus points for having strong female characters.

One of my favourite mangas of all-time. One day I'll have a physical version. I recognise its weaknesses, but it's still pretty bloody good.

Stupid onii-chan.

While not all the manga I post about are lewd this one is.

Excellent.

I rather like the artstyle, at least on that page you posted oink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom