• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
The protag is a little too happy considering what he's been dumped into. But only like 7 chapters have been translated so far, so it's not exactly easy to say how good or bad it'll be. Just try it out, it has an interesting premise at least.

Excellent character designs and abilities with intriguing plot. Will easily be the next big thing from that magazine.

Thanks.

Akito

Ketchup Ninja 6
Holy fucking shit Chris, you have some serious balls for a weeaboo. Do I smell a future love triangle there.

Theonik

Bittersweet Donuts
if9f4HgjdDOZM.png
A very short one shot about yuri and donuts.

I don't always read lewd manga, but when I do, I prefer _________
I actually thought that while typing that lol

Shuuen no Shiori 01-07

zU5MAdTl.jpg

Generally I don't really like horror series but this is pretty interesting.

A group of four friends or so are part of a rumors loving club and become apart of a certain ritual involving the titled Bookmark of Demise. They must follow the rules delivered in a letter and discover the traitor among themselves or be killed themselves.

We see how each of the four characters react to getting the letter and what happens to them. It's a pretty interesting look into each of their characters and we see more of the plot with each new character being focused on,

Also, we got a male yandere. How delicious.

I was wondering if anyone could help me find the title of a particular manga.

The premise is that the mind of a girl is actually composed of 5 individuals who vote on what to do. They eventually vote on making the girl go on a date with her crush. And then other stuff that I can't remember happens.

wonzo

Banned
Ran and the Gray World 24-25

Man, the last chapter really made me feel sympathetic for that piece of shit Outarou. Goddamnit ;________;

AKB49 135

This series definitely has the best analogies ever.

OPM v4 Bonus

I'm sure Sonic could totes school Pri Pri Prisoner if given the chance.

Sakura Trick 2

Ehh, this was kinda crappy once you look past the actual kissing. At least the art's nice to look at.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada and the Seven Witches

:DTL: overload

It must be more complicated than just kissing them since Miyamura's memories are still gone even after that :DTL: part

Edit: VVVVV lol @ DTL reacting to the DTL part as predicted

Yamada and the Seven Witches 73

Attacked on both sides today from Miyamura moments. The one here was quite good and even hilarious. Though why so gloomy :(

And the first episode is awesome, hyped for many more miyamura/yamada moments (and the student council actors are perfect)
tumblr_mrdlrckk4S1qbxqfpo3_500.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada
The solution is always more kisses.

It didn't seem to work on Miyamura though. I also really don't understand why he isn't trying to figure out what the fuck is up with the Seventh Witch.

Aizo

Banned
I'm afraid that's just because you're not very familiar with the Japanese language. ^^;

First off, do you actually pronounce a "double R" in the word "berry"? Would you pronounce "bery" differently? No reason to expect a "&#12483;" there, really.
Then, no plural for Japanese words. For example, they would use "&#12509;&#12531;&#12489;" even for several pounds.

Guess I wasted my time looking for an official spelling... ^^;

Yo, don't assume things about people on the internet. That came off as very arrogant. I'm saying that if Oda wanted an unambiguous word that obviously transliterated to "berries," I imagine he would write it differently.&#12288;It works both ways; there are words that are only plural like &#12499;&#12540;&#12474;&#12289;&#12499;&#12540;&#12531;&#12474;&#12289;&#12471;&#12517;&#12540;&#12474; so it wouldn't be unheard of that he would make it plural. Japanese transliteration often isn't based on the actual pronunciation, instead, it's usually based on how the word looks. Jamaica, for example, is &#12472;&#12515;&#12510;&#12452;&#12459; even though it clearly is not pronounced like that. Mecca and summit are examples of words that would not be pronounced differently regardless of if it had one or two consonants in the center, but they are &#12513;&#12483;&#12459; and &#12469;&#12511;&#12483;&#12488; in Japanese, respectively. All I'm stating is that it is one of the several possible ways of writing it, and you don't need to assume that someone is less knowledgeable about a certain topic. It's just rude.

Erigu

Yo, don't assume things about people on the internet. That came off as very arrogant.
Sorry, but you clearly aren't very familiar with the Japanese language. That's not a wild guess (and I don't think that's a horrible insult either).

I'm saying that if Oda wanted an unambiguous word that obviously transliterated to "berries," I imagine he would write it differently.
And you're wrong, sorry.

Aizo

Banned
Sorry, but you clearly aren't very familiar with the Japanese language. That's not a wild guess (and I don't think that's a horrible insult either).

And you're wrong, sorry.

Wow. Hahahah. You're wrong about the first part, but no worries. I edited my above comment for examples, if you're curious. I think we've reached an impasse.

Angry Grimace

And you're wrong, sorry.

...aren't you both Japanese people living in Japan?

Aizo

Banned
Haha, nah, I'm not Japanese. That would be the best twist. I'm not assuming anything about that user's Japanese knowledge. He or she could be studying it or fluent for all I know.

Kingdom 185-187

Ryofui ahem... "satisfying" the Queen Mother with this face:

9cc7nGj.png

was priceless.

Awesome chapter as usual and I can't wait for the king's faction to take advantage of Ryofui's mistake.

Angry Grimace

I just watched it, it's just as bad/cheesy/full of overacting as you might expect. Excuse me while I go watch the second season of The Hero Yoshihiko to wash down this.

Why didn't they just make an anime...

Kurita

I have to say, I'm way more excited when a manga is getting a live-action movie/drama than an anime. And I don't say it because I like dramas.
I'm more looking forward to what the manga's "universe", the characters... will look like in live-action because it's something completely different.
I just consider anime adaptations as "the manga + colours + animation + voices" but at the end of the day it's still 2D, it's still too similar to the source material and not really exciting when you've read it.

I mean, I've watched the drama version of Moteki and a lot of stuff just wouldn't have been possible if it was an anime (especially all the real songs they use).

Gamerloid

Fallen to the Dark Side

Should've known this was a lewd manga. Wasn't expecting to see Mara on the first page lol. The brother had no idea that would actually work so I don't get why he would go that far.

I have to say, I'm way more excited when a manga is getting a live-action movie/drama than an anime. And I don't say it because I like dramas.
I'm more looking forward to what the manga's "universe", the characters... will look like in live-action because it's something completely different.
I just consider anime adaptations as "the manga + colours + animation + voices" but at the end of the day it's still 2D, it's still too similar to the source material and not really exciting when you've read it.

I mean, I've watched the drama version of Moteki and a lot of stuff just wouldn't have been possible if it was an anime (especially all the real songs they use).

I get what you're saying. With Live Action it's a whole new experiences since its being changed into real life. Animes do have their perks though, one being the soundtrack if its a good one. Full Metal Alchemist had some darn good music that was perfect for the mood.

Death Note Live Action movies were great, and I hope they do the whole series next time. I want to see Mello and Near! The movies being live action made it more exciting than the anime which was rushed.

Kurita

I get what you're saying. With Live Action it's a whole new experiences since its being changed into real life. Animes do have their perks though, one being the soundtrack if its a good one. Full Metal Alchemist had some darn good music that was perfect for the mood.

Death Note Live Action movies were great, and I hope they do the whole series next time. I want to see Mello and Near! The movies being live action made it more exciting than the anime which was rushed.

Oh yeah, I'm not criticizing/shiting on anime at all! And there is stuff you just can't adapt in live action.
But yeah, you get what I meant, seeing everything "for real" is pretty thrilling I must say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom