• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameReactor Rumor: XBOX 1 delayed until Q1 2014, maybe only in Europe; CVG: Not True

Didn't see it mentioned.

According to this article on the Danish Game Reactor website, a rumour is floating around that Xbox one launch has been delayed until Q1 2014.

http://www.gamereactor.dk/nyheder/176864/Rygte:+er+Xbox+One+forsinket+til+2014?/

Edit: English source (thanks chadskin): http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/87284/Xbox+One+delayed+until+2014?/
We've had word that Microsoft will announce a delay of Xbox One - and a rather major one at that.

According to the source, Microsoft's console will now ship in Q1 2014. Given that a launch in January is highly unlikely and February is an equally unattractive launch month, this could mean we may have to wait as long as March until Microsoft's next-gen offering arrives. We have no further information on what the cause of the delay is, whether there are issues with manufacturing or whether Microsoft are making last minute alterations. At this point we are not certain if this is a worldwide delay or whether it's limited to Europe.

Take it as a rumour for now, and pray it is untrue.

Pagusas

Elden Member
that would be insanely stupid to launch a quarter later, with lesser hardware and a higher price. Unless the delay would be to unbundle kinect.

Too much momentum from all those 180 degree policy spins. Will take a few extra months now for the console to land.

Seriously though, hard to believe that MS would want to miss the November / Christmas selling period.

Squire

Banned
Extremely, extremely doubtful and only in EU if so. Hell, that might only apply to Denmark.

And you're not supposed to post Google translations.

iammeiam

I sincerely doubt MS would delay their NA release, at least, since that seems to be where most of their focus for Xbone has been. I could see postponing other territories, maybe, but given how NA-centric the system seems I can't see them giving it a pass here.

BibiMaghoo

Will not happen. I'm sure they would rather release this year in one country, even if they only had half a million consoles, rather than push it back to next year.

MS have no problem limiting the areas that get launch consoles, clearly, so this is not going to happen.

Foshy

Tales from my Ass is seriously getting milked too hard. We've got TFMA4 yesterday and they're already announcing the next one?

Skeff

Woah, i know they changed from 21 countries to 13, but I thought that was a strategic thing.

if this is true, and i personally don't think it is, then this is a big problem for XB1.

Jb

I can't see it happening. They're not going to launch months after CoD, BF4 and AC4 have come out. No way.

Into

Could be just Europe, and we get relegated to Tier 2 and get to hang out with Japan down the in the basement.

The guy who posted this is Rasmus Lund-Hansen, 30. He is their assistant editor only under Lee West who is the boss over the whole magazine/site

Jezbollah

I really dont think they can afford to delay in the UK until next year. The rest of europe is a little more pro-Sony compared to this country - but to delay here would hand even more momentum to the PS4.

I share the same scepticism as others have posted.

StiLt

Not a chance in US and UK. If they were having problems I could see them maybe adding some formerly first wave European countries to the second wave at most, but even then I really don't think thats very likely.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Take it as a rumour for now, and pray it is untrue.
If they run a massive rumour they shouldn't write nonsense like this. It seems unlikely that it will be delayed at this point.

Foshy

Could be just Europe, and we get relegated to Tier 2 and get to hang out with Japan down the in the basement.

The guy who posted this is Rasmus Lund-Hansen, 30. He is their assistant editor only under Lee West who is the boss over the whole magazine/site

Maybe just MAAAAAAYBE they could focus on US and UK first, with every other country being delayed to 2014. Would still be ridiculous and suicidal, but makes a tiny bit more sense.

Top Bottom