• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameReactor Rumor: XBOX 1 delayed until Q1 2014, maybe only in Europe; CVG: Not True

dc89

Microsoft can't afford a delay in US or EU.
If it turns out that it is delayed and PS4 does launch before Christmas here in Europe I can see a few people switching pre-orders about.

SeanNaess

Neo Member
I really dont think they can afford to delay in the UK until next year. The rest of europe is a little more pro-Sony compared to this country - but to delay here would hand even more momentum to the PS4.

I share the same scepticism as others have posted.

I agree. The PS3 delay in Europe made me get a 360 instead. Didn't get a PS3 until 2009.

Massa

that would be insanely stupid to launch a quarter later, with lesser hardware and a higher price. Unless the delay would be to unbundle kinect.

If this were true, it would be because of unexpected issues with production. It's not something you "decide" on.

Pug

That tweet only says us and uk, and curiosly enough is very specific about naming those 2 only, rest of the world might have been shafted to tier 2 status

Rob Crossley source has told him that there's no delay in the UK, as its from an UK source, he is assuming that if there's no delay in the UK, there won't be one in the States. You could go as far to say you could assume there won't be one in Europe either.

Microsoft can't afford a delay in US or EU.
If it turns out that it is delayed and PS4 does launch before Christmas here in Europe I can see a few people switching pre-orders about.

What's the skinny here?

You make it sound like the PS4 only has a chance of launching in Euroland this year.

Elios83

Absolutely unlikely, although it's possible that their list of european countries getting it this year might be trimmed if shipments are low. Still it would have an impact on really small markets.

Into

It is possible they are delaying it in Scandinavia or even rest of Europe bar UK. The magazine primarly covers gaming in Scandinavia, which might explain why GR posted it.

They usually do not post bullshit, they do not post Half Life 3 on the 3DS or FF7 remake exclusive for the Wii U or some crazy stuff like that.

We will know more at Gamescom..maybe

JABEE

"Pray it isn't true." How good are GameReactor's sources? Who would put out this story with so little information?

Skeff

they've already knocked down from 21 countries to 13, as the rumor originated from http://www.gamereactor.dk then perhaps its gone down from 13 countries again.

There is definitely a chance that Microsoft have seen US and UK pre orders and are going all in on the 2, hoping some disappointed PS4 shoppers will pick up XB1's if their on the self.

Could be a smart business decision.

EDIT: Not confirmed 21->13 i was talking about a rumor, perhaps this is the rumor coming true though for Scandinavia?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Doubtful.

Though coincidentally I was just commenting this morning how there was basically no official point-of-sale presence for Xbox One in my area yet vs lots for PS4. MS should fix that.

dc89

What's the skinny here?

You make it sound like the PS4 only has a chance of launching in Euroland this year.

Sorry, a rushed phone post and my scentences didn't make sense. Let me try and explain myself and sorry if this doesn't make sense.

It's pretty much a given PS4 will launch in US before Christmas. But in Europe, despite the reassurances it will indeed launch before Christmas, there is a lingering doubt because of the rough hand we got with the PS3 launch.

What I'm trying to say is Microsoft can't afford a delay in Europe if Sony get their console out before them, hopefully before Christmas.

Speaking for myself - I'm still not interested in the Xbox One despite the countless policy reversals, my mind is made up. But if people are currently sat on the fence I'm pretty sure release dates could have a factor on which one they buy.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What's so bad about delaying it that everyone is adamant it wouldn't happen?

They would lose eu without a doubt if delayed here.

They could never win EU anyway. Sony could release a brick with 'PS4' scratched on it and win EU.

they've already knocked down from 21 countries to 13, as the rumor originated from http://www.gamereactor.dk then perhaps its gone down from 13 countries again.

There is definitely a chance that Microsoft have seen US and UK pre orders and are going all in on the 2, hoping some disappointed PS4 shoppers will pick up XB1's if their on the self.

Could be a smart business decision.

I know cboat hinted but i'm sure it will be release in 21 countries at this holiday

Pug

Doubtful.

Though coincidentally I was just commenting this morning how there was basically no official point-of-sale presence for Xbox One in my area yet vs lots for PS4. MS should fix that.
There's no POA's in the UK either, but to be honest that's not uncommon for a product thats 3-4 months from market. Also I'm sure they are helping the like of Game with there own marketing support anyway, as it does have loads of Xbox one advertising inside the stores. It will be interesting to see if demo pods will appear soon?

XeNoN89

Banned
It's pretty much a given PS4 will launch in US before Christmas. But in Europe, despite the reassurances it will indeed launch before Christmas, there is a lingering doubt because of the rough hand we got with the PS3 launch.

There isn't any doubt what so ever. Sony has already confirmed it is launching in Europe this year and there has been lots of advertisement stating the same

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I could buy it being delayed in other regions, but not launching in the US this year would be suicide.

It's not happening.

herod

Hmm, those were announced months ago, since then there's been lots of what you could call 'good' news. "Bad news keeps rolling in"... can't see how he's referring to that.

price, specs and release date are the only things that really matter, or at least are by far the biggest three factors.

PR fluff about active cooling and not needing to plug the mandatory Kinect device into the unit at all times are relatively nothing by comparison.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Time to put that beast of a new graphics card in there...

Skeff

As pointed out to me, it looks as if the 21->13 was a rumour, my confusion, i'll edit to end further confusion.

XeNoN89

Banned
I could buy it being delayed in other regions, but not launching in the US this year would be suicide.

It's not happening.

I agree. If Microsoft really does have manufacturing issues they will almost certainly delay other counties to make sure US and UK have enough. They would never delay in these two, their biggest markets.

JABEE

This story just seems so shaky. They hear it's delayed but don't have a grasp on what regions it's delayed in?

Why report the story if you have no concrete idea of what you are reporting? Does this journalist have a Twitter account?

From MCV, it sounds like this isn't true in the UK and presumably the US. I want to hear the basis for this scoop.

Top Bottom