• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Negima. I was on hiatus reading it for 5 years since I had left the country and just did a re-read of the first 17 volumes, then finishing all the way up to volume 38 last night. I really appreciated how much depth there was with this manga. How much detail is stuffed in every panel, the beautiful settings, how much research is done with the spells with the bonus explanations, and how a majority of the 31 school girl characters are able to stand out from one another. It's amazing.

But I felt the last couple volumes to be inferior to the first half of the series. Towards the end of the magic world arc, things went kind of downhill and in the final arc I felt the characters and writing were stale with some good moments here and there I disliked the ending because there were so many unanswered questions and some characters never got much background explanations or appearances, like Sayo. What happened? Basically it lacked closure =/ I heard something about how Akamatsu's new series is with a different publisher or something. Was there a disagreement between Akamatsu and the publisher?

wonzo

Banned
Nobunaga no Chef 35-43
nobunagachef41.jpg

mori ;_______________________________________________________________________;

Seriously the point of mods isn't to just derp with the titles of threads. They're supposed to enforce the rules and assist when necessary if the thread creator wishes to update the thread title. Constantly changing the title of a thread like this just seems to be taking advantage of mod powers.

wonzo

Banned
Seriously the point of mods isn't to just derp with the titles of threads. They're supposed to enforce the rules and assist when necessary if the thread creator wishes to update the thread title. Constantly changing the title of a thread like this just seems to be taking advantage of mod powers.
lmao this post

Just finished Negima. I was on hiatus reading it for 5 years since I had left the country and just did a re-read of the first 17 volumes, then finishing all the way up to volume 38 last night. I really appreciated how much depth there was with this manga. How much detail is stuffed in every panel, the beautiful settings, how much research is done with the spells with the bonus explanations, and how a majority of the 31 school girl characters are able to stand out from one another. It's amazing.

But I felt the last couple volumes to be inferior to the first half of the series. Towards the end of the magic world arc, things went kind of downhill and in the final arc I felt the characters and writing were stale with some good moments here and there I disliked the ending because there were so many unanswered questions and some characters never got much background explanations or appearances, like Sayo. What happened? Basically it lacked closure =/ I heard something about how Akamatsu's new series is with a different publisher or something. Was there a disagreement between Akamatsu and the publisher?
They change the creator contracts towards the end of the series. So he got pissed and rushed the series end. But his new series is still Kodansha, word is it will be out very very soon.

Mashima is the one who said he would rage quit Fairy Tail if some law was passed. Wendy would be gone from the manga and grey would have to wear a shirt.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Pick a fucking title and stick with it.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| No Jump or WSS Make GAF Something Something

*Wants to write a witty comment about Bleach and Naruto having better odds of ending sooner than One Piece

*Mod changes the thread title before pressing the submit button

Goddammit.

wonzo

Banned
You'd have to at least have One Piece over all that pile of shit.
one piece is the poorly drawn fly that sits on a pile from time to time

now aku no hana & shokugeki no soma? those are the two that scoop it all up and put it all in its rightful place (the decrepit wheelie bin outback with the liquid shitstreeks on it)

Gamerloid

one piece is the poorly drawn fly that sits on a pile from time to time

now aku no hana & shokugeki no soma? those are the two that scoop it all up and put it all in its rightful place (the decrepit wheelie bin outback with the liquid shitstreeks on it)

Lol Shokugeki no Soma is good indeed. I don't know about Ako no Hana however, but I'll check it out. Maybe even tonight.

Can someone at least recap the titles for those who missed most of them?

Of the top of my head:

No Manga discussion allowed
jdrama rules
the W in Wednesday stands for Waifu
Bleach >>> One Piece
Bleach >>> Naruto >>> One Piece
ODA is ZA KING or something

Aizo

Banned
REAL (Vol. 3-4)
These characters are fantastic. I get the feeling that although one of the protagonists is an asshole, he's really going to grow.

Eyeshield 21 (Vol. 8-9)
America, where cows roam free.
The characters just get better and better. The Ha Brothers are showing some interesting development. I really like Jumonji.

Youkai Apato no Yuuga na Nichijou 08

Awww that's a good chapter. I actually liked that he came to terms with living in the dorms yet still wanted to go back to the apartments instead of running back. Makes it feel much more satisfying.

Youkai Apato no Yuuga na Nichijou 08.5

A bromance side story.

Bartender 98

I don't know why this manga is so interesting to me when I don't even drink that much. Its just got a way about it that makes it so much more interesting than it really should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom