• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizo

Banned
Zashiki Onna (Vol. 1; End)
Your typical Japanese Urban Horror story about an obsessive, crazed woman.
9.jpg

Lain

Not really "Manga", but Manhua-author Benjamin is also releasing some Merchandise now. Just saw this great umbrella:

And ordered a hand-signed poster by him:

I just wish more people would have some kind of "own"-style than copy the one of another especially when it comes to Manga. When I was at the bookstore yesterday and bought I am a Hero 5 I saw one Manga, that exactly looked like Fairy Tale /Rave, but by another author.

I bet it was One Piece.

iavi

Bartender 98

I don't know why this manga is so interesting to me when I don't even drink that much. Its just got a way about it that makes it so much more interesting than it really should be.

Bartender's not even about the drinking as much as it's about the people drinking. Really story-of-the-week type structure to it, which is cool, but kinda sucks as I wish they'd focus on ryu some.

Naruto spoilers

Full disclosure: This is from the Chinese translation! Since it's a translation of a translation (which itself was low quality), there may be errors. That being said, enjoy!

Chapter 643: Two Fists Bumping Together!

Page 1

Black Kyuubi: Hmph! Do you intend to let your son take care of this mess for you?
Black Kyuubi: Just because you locked away my other half within your son’s body…
Black Kyuubi: You believe that I will join hands with my other half, right?
Minato: Kyuubi…
Black Kyuubi: Careful you don’t come to regret it!
Black Kyuubi: Kushina’s death wasn’t your fault…your son becoming a jinchuuriki wasn’t your fault either…and there’s no need to berate yourself for the world turning into such a state either…

Page 2

Black Kyuubi: The one who is trying to change all of this is your son. He’s no longer that little infant from long ago.
Black Kyuubi: In the not-so-distant future…
White Kyuubi: Naruto! I have something to say to you. Listen up!
Naruto: !!

Page 3

Minato: …
[Tobirama teleports away with Naruto]
[Obito is face down with a large rasengan hole in his upper back]
Naruto: ! Just like I suspected!
Obito: So the Jyuubi’s host actually has a weakness such as this…
Obito stands up.
Obito: (Since, Naruto’s technique has already entered the body of the Jyuubi, there’s no way to negate it after-the-fact)
[Obito’s body is healing]

Page 4

Naruto: Senjutsu techniques are effective!
Sasuke: The power based on Sage arts….
Naruto: Senjutsu techniques are rooted in the usage of natural energy….
Naruto: Come to think of it, when I sensed the Jyuubi’s power, all I could feel was natural energy…
Sasuke: Only natural energy can counter natural energy. Is that what you mean? Although I don’t fully understand what you are talking about, but…
Naruto: LEARNING SENJUTSU WAS REALLY AWESOME! Okay, now I’ll use the Frog-Fu (Frog Kumite) techniques to deal with this guy!

Page 5

Tobirama: (He was able to immediately cooperate with my Hiraishin technique, and even mastered the power of Senjutsu…)
Tobirama (smiling): (It feels exactly like the way it used to be when my elder brother and I fought in together.)
Sasuke: …
Obito: …
[Two flames appear from the spikes on Obito’s back]
Tobirama: Although the technique was effective…as soon as he’s recovered, he’ll become even more dangerous.
Tobirama: (If I continue to teleport behind him, it’s very likely that he’ll immediately kill me)
Obito: It’s about time to begin preparations for the Moon’s Eye. Time to wipe all obstructions from my path. SAND!

Page 6

[A giant, gloopy looking flower with petals like the Jyuubi’s earlier form explodes from the ground]
Everyone: !
Obito: This world…no longer has any value remaining in it.

Page 7

Naruto: !
Obito [rising through the sky]: This world died long ago…
Flower Monster begins to prepare four bijuudamas.
Battlefield Combatants: !!
Random combatant 1: Not good!
Random combatant 2: There’s four?! Do they plan to destroy us all at one go?
Akatsuchi: Even if we have everyone use earth techniques to pull up a layered wall, we’d be too late!
Shikamaru: (What should we do next? Focus…gotta focus…)

Page 8

Tobirama: Even if we teleport it away with Hiraishin, at most we’ll only be able to each teleport away one!
Tobirama: The Yondaime Hokage and I can only teleport away two in total! There’s nothing we can do about the other two! Elder brother!
Hashirama: Madara! Can you wait a sec! Your colleague is about to…
Madara: Both of us are just corpses raised by Edo Tensei! No need to worry about too many other things!
Madara: Just try and charge through me!

Page 9

Hashirama clone: Everyone, don’t lose hope! I’m still here! All we have to do is change the trajectory of that bijuudama! Hokages, think of ways to push them to the sea!
Hashirama clone: I’ll have to trouble everyone to create earthen walls, while I’ll use wood-jutsu to drawn them towards the sea!
Obito: Hmph! Don’t even think about it!
Obito fires four bolts of black rods surrounded by chakra flames/shroud.

Page 10

Obito: Six Flaming Suns Technique!
[A huge barrier is created between the area where the four rods landed, trapping the ninja
army inside]

Page 11

[More images of the huge barrier]

Page 12

Randon nin: This is the end!
Random nin 2: If this is the result….we are gonna…
Hashirama clone: So you’re going to trap everyone inside so we can’t divert the bijuu bomb away, eh?
Obito: It really is about time to wrap this up [unsure of this translation, text not clear]
Tobirama: Since this is the case, the only option we have is to use Hiraishin to teleport them outside the barrier. Yondaime Hokage…are you able to teleport two of them away?
Minato: Given that I’m unable to create any markings right now, at most I’ll be able to teleport one away.
Minato: But there’s another way…
Minato: (And that way is…)
Obito: You want to teleport my tree away? Do you think I’ll let you do as you please?
Obito: You won’t be able to save anyone!

Page 13

Naruto: Hey, pops…I have an idea…don’t know if it would work…
Minato: !
Naruto: Bump fists with me?
Minato: ?
[They bump fists]

Page 14

White Kyuubi: Hey! How’s my other half doing? Not bad?
White Kyuubi: Can you give me part of your chakra?
Black Kyuubi: ?!
Black Kyuubi: Begging myself for help…feels really weird…
Obito: Naruto…that fellow [Minato] isn’t able to accomplish anything…
Obito: He wasn’t even able to save your mother…
Naruto: …
Obito: The same was true for his own subordinates…
Obito: Do you know what day it is, tomorrow?

Page 15

Naruto: …
Obito: It’s the anniversary of Rin and Kushina’s deaths! The day your mother died!
Obito: Listen up. When people die, everything about them comes to an end…this world…
Naruto: That’s right…
Naruto: Then tomorrow is…
Naruto: My birthday as well.
Minato: !
Naruto: You listen up as well. This world is not coming to an end.
Naruto: Because I still exist in this world!
Naruto: Let’s go, pops!

Page 16

Minato flashbacks to Kuushina: (Our little Naruto really has grown up, both mature and strong. Kushina…)
Minato: OKAY!

The most powerful father and son duo join forces to attack!

one piece raws are out.

This was the most beautiful piece of literature I have ever read

wonzo

Banned
Alexandros by Yasuhiko Yoshikazu
Historical manga precisely depicting Alexander the Great's life as seen through the eyes of his personal historian. Much emphasis is put on his will to know the world, rather than on the war against the Persian Empire

A manga following the life of Alexander the Great from when he was a simple child in Mieza to his very last breath in Babylon should be interesting enough to get anyone interested, but what really makes this 235 page epic is the utterly gorgeous art. The author can not only whip up these gorgeous, and at times, breathtaking set pieces but is also able to create these incredibly diverse and easily recognizable set of characters with but the simplest of lines. Truly one of the most talented artists to grace the medium.

This is definitely a must read.

one piece spoilers

page 1: Caribou's Kehihihi, Marine ship appears!
page 2: It's the Insect Army! (Pink Bee's squad)
page 3: Kabu: You're late, Leo! [Kabu, user of the Bug Bug Fruit, model Rhinoceros Beetle]
Bian: We were just about to move out! [Bian, user of the Bug Bug Fruit, model Bee]
Meanwhile, Usopp marvels at a new beetle he hasn't seen before.
page 4: The "Bullet Train Foxes", a bus that can hold 20 people(dwarves).
Usoland and Robiland marvel at how comfortable the foxes are.
page 5: Leo and the rest move out to save their 500 captured friends.
page 6: Gancho appears (from Robin's B spot) and clarifies to the Strawlands that the Tontatta Kingdom's history with Doflamingo isn't a mere 10-year affair...
Their history spans 900 years.
page 7: Somewhere in the flower fields, there's a secret entrance that leads to the fairies' hideout.
The dwarves welcome back their squadron leader (Toy Soldier) and are amazed at the really strong toy he brought back.
page 8: Franky is confused...are dwarves really strong enough to fight?
He then learns that they're the fairies that everyone speaks off.
Wicca: "Hey, weren't you going back to your ship??"
page 9: Zoro: "What the hell are you doing, Luffy?!" (A dwarf asks for Zoro to move, he's blocking the screen)
Zoro: "Damn that Luffy...why didn't he bring me along?? Just watching this makes my sword itch..."
page 10: Big Mouth Dwarf reports to the entire squad that the legendary heroes Usoland and Robiland have appeared and are now with Leo's squad.
The heroes also have other members with them (Luffyland, Zoroland, Namiland, Sanland, Chopperland, Franland, Bonesland)
Zoro: Uh...I think I'm Zoroland.
Franky: And I guess I'm Franland.
Dwarves: Ah~~!!! Awesome!!!
Zoro then remembers he was trying to get back to the ship.
page 11: Jola's art cannot be stopped!
Nami attempts to use [Sky Egg, Snow Cloud].
page 12: Nami's ClimaTact can't be used...she thinks it's turned into a toy.
Jola is furious, "Don't ever call my beautiful art "toys"!!"
Jola: "But yes, in our family, there is a Fruit User who can turn people into toys...not me.
I ate an Art Fruit, making me an Art Woman!"
page 13: Chopper and Brook's weapons have been rendered useless!
Jola remarks that she's surprised they could damage her submarine so badly even after falling victim to her art powers.
A Den Den Mushi rings.
page 14: Chopper has received the message (Though we didn't get to read/hear it).
Chopper and Nami both seem flustered, "Wasn't he supposed to be taking care of Caesar??"
Meanwhile, in Green Bit, Doflamingo asks Law who he just called for help, fufufu...
page 15: Doflamingo gloats that Luffy has fallen for the bait and is now fighting in the coliseum.
An arena where fighters come from all over the world...and the losers fall into an inescapable hell.
Dofla: "Your alliance is finished! Just give up, Law!"
page 16: Kin'emon is cheering Luffy on...with predictable reaction from Sanji.
Kin'emon: "But Sanji-dono, if Luffy-dono has entered the battle, then it is only proper (as a man) that he win!"
Burgess arrives to spectate the battle.
[Armament Hardening]
page 17: [Gomu Gomu no Hawk Rifle] (roughly)
Chapter END

dumbyugi

Blue Exorcist 48

Finally got around to reading this. Holy crap what a twist. There is no way anyone could have seen that coming. I mean I worked it out during the chapter before the reveal but that's only because I knew there was a twist at the end, so I was looking out for it.

Gamerloid

Bartender 98

I don't know why this manga is so interesting to me when I don't even drink that much. Its just got a way about it that makes it so much more interesting than it really should be.

I don't drink at all and I enjoyed the manga. It's just has good writing and characters. Simple, but executed well.

Dresden

Youkai Apato no Yuuga na Nichijou - 1~6

I like this quite a bit - good clean art with a few moments of flourish here and there, and a subject matter that's treated with a bit of distance and tact.

POM8LaL.png

Dresden

new and original

This year's 38th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Sh&#333;nen Magazine is previewing the new manga series UQ Holder! by Ken Akamatsu (Love Hina, Negima! Magister Negi Magi) on Wednesday. The "near-future battle fantasy" series will debut in the following issue on August 28 with an 82-page chapter and a color opening page.

In the decade since the world became aware of the existence of magic, the world has undergone massive upheaval. However, a boy named T&#333;ta lives in seclusion in a rural town far removed from these changes. His ordinary life is highlighted by his magic-using female teacher and his supportive friends. When his tranquil daily life is disrupted, he embarks on a unique adventure.

HTn9AWI.jpg

three haremettes in the back

Vt2IDue.jpg

Ayumi must have ran outside a lot as a kid

TWGOK 239

Chibi Ayumi AND chibi Chihiro making an appearance easily makes this the best chapter since Keima came to the past.

Tenri will probably cheer him up for real now that he's actually depressed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"Unique" adventure == Harem.

Seriously, fuck that guy for not giving Negima an ending and making the entire final arc/climax occur off panel. Like fucccccccccccccck that. guy.

Aizo

Banned
Alexandros by Yasuhiko Yoshikazu

A manga following the life of Alexander the Great from when he was a simple child in Mieza to his very last breath in Babylon should be interesting enough to get anyone interested, but what really makes this 235 page epic is the utterly gorgeous art. The author can not only whip up these gorgeous, and at times, breathtaking set pieces but is also able to create these incredibly diverse and easily recognizable set of characters with but the simplest of lines. Truly one of the most talented artists to grace the medium.

This is definitely a must read.

Sounds and looks fantastic. Thanks for posting the rec, Wonzo.

Did someone post about this manga a few months ago? I've seen it before, but I'm not sure where.

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan Vol.03

zLk7d7ll.jpg

More super adorkable adventures of supermoe Yuki with even at times moe Kyon.

And I actually like Haruhi's role in this series. She's not in our face but kinda acts like a catalysts for the moemoe adventures.

And then suddenly, that last page.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:

R.I.P

Food Smut 14-35

All caught up now! This has been surprisingly good so far as I don't often enjoy these types of manga; the combination of food smut with smut probably did it for me. The training camp arc introduced some cool new characters (Inui <3) and also fleshed out others like Megumi, who really shined in the shokugeki against Shinomiya. The new arc starts of interesting (more Nikumi!) although the new girl seems a tad too similar to megumi but I guess she won't become very important.

Top three waifus:
1. Nikumi
2. Inui
3. Megumi

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 18

l8Ks6Sdl.png

It's like science.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 19

Oh wow, we suddenly got a time limit.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 20

It's K-On! time!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aku No Hana 48

They should have moved to a different country

Witch Craft Works 23

This is such an entrance. Happens completely random too.

Looks like Kagari is gonna get serious and I like how random Kasumi's fight just ended like that.

I also like the animal ear witch and her little puppet.

wonzo

Banned
Ketchup Ninja 13

#dspgaming

Sounds and looks fantastic. Thanks for posting the rec, Wonzo.

Did someone post about this manga a few months ago? I've seen it before, but I'm not sure where.
Dresden posted about it when it first came out but I don't think he finished it because of the typesetting font. FWIW I did find the typesetting kinda annoying at first but you get use to it a couple pages in and they do tend to mix it up.

Naruto's out.

Turns out the Rin shit wasn't AS bad, but jesus.

Oh well.

Fuck yeah. Minato and Naruto replicating a Goku/Gohan like situation in the Cell Saga?

Fuck I'm down!

Seven Days 1-13

It's a BL. Basic plot centers around a third-year high school student (named Yuzuru) who just got dumped the day before after his girlfriend fell out of love with him. He overhears a rumor about a first-year (named Seryou) willing to go out with anyone for a week before dumping them because he couldn't fall in love. While waiting for a pizza guy, Yuzuru encounters Seryou and asks him out. And surprise, surprise. Seryou takes him up on his offer. Over the course of the week, the two go dating and deal with such problems as cheating, jealously, and learning to let go of past flings. No sex. Just kissing and hugging.
And leg pillows.
It's all about emotional love over here, mang.

It's interesting to note that each chapter heading is representative of a time in the week Yuzuru and Seryou are dating (that is, from Monday to Sunday). If you want to know the actual personalities, Yuzuru is basically a male version of the Manic Pixie Dream Girl who cannot find himself a girlfriend because his other stoic, princely appearance clashes with his blunt, straight-forward personality. Seryou is the cool, brooding type who's trying to atone for stealing his brother's girlfriend. For context, she was trying to get into Seryou's pants to get back at his brother for cheating.

15: That Rugby Manga 11-12

Everyone is beating themselves up over the absolute beating they took from the Takase team. However, they find it in themselves to return to the rugby field and grow stronger as a team. Manly tears were shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom