• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
So I just read that Aoi Hana and Wandering Son apparently both just ended last month at roughly the same time after each has been going for a million billion years. Having been invested in these sometimes frustrating series for a while now, periodically dropping them and then picking them back up because I knew they would always just be there, I don't really know how to deal with this news. Did Takako Shimura just up and retire one day?
I think she just said fuck it and ended both of them, either that or this was actually planned for a while now as she had a third series start running a couple months back.

Tripon

Suicide Island Vol 7 chapter 61 to 70

Kai is a little bitch.
img000001.png

Seven Days 1-13

It's a BL. Basic plot centers around a third-year high school student (named Yuzuru) who just got dumped the day before after his girlfriend fell out of love with him. He overhears a rumor about a first-year (named Seryou) willing to go out with anyone for a week before dumping them because he couldn't fall in love. While waiting for a pizza guy, Yuzuru encounters Seryou and asks him out. And surprise, surprise. Seryou takes him up on his offer. Over the course of the week, the two go dating and deal with such problems as cheating, jealously, and learning to let go of past flings. No sex. Just kissing and hugging.
And leg pillows.
It's all about emotional love over here, mang.

Time for yet another reread, hopefully writer artist return to the manga making scene and do more stories such talent and good writing.

Pimpwerx

Naruto

Can't wait to see what Naruto and Minato pull off next chapter. Also, is Sarutobi dead? Given that Minato can't regen his arm, is Sarutobi waxed? PEACE.

Naruto
Chapter PQ was crap but guess that's the price for getting it super early .
Other than that chapter was okay and looking forward to see what Naruto does next chapter .

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto's out.

Turns out the Rin shit wasn't AS bad, but jesus.

Oh well.

Fuck yeah. Minato and Naruto replicating a Goku/Gohan like situation in the Cell Saga?

Fuck I'm down!

I think the Rin/Kushina thing is supposed to be merely coincidental.

R.I.P

Naruto

Ugh at the quality, hopefully One Piece will be better. Otherwise a decent chapter, wonder if Naruto and Minato will do the fusion dance next week.

Maou no Kyoushitsu

T17SROJl.jpg

An one-shot about the King of the Underworld become the new teacher for a bunch of fifth graders.

Not that bad. Since it's an one-shot done by the Yankee and Yamada mangaka the art is pretty pleasant to look at. Kinda funny to see a bunch of characters I have already been used to show up as kids now. The story is pretty amusing and it does have a nice ending at the end.

A pretty good read.

Kurita

Stardust Crusaders vol.6

:lol at the "fight" in the desert with the guy and his mirror.
And that baby's stand is scary as hell, seeing the eyeballs falling on Kakyoin was so gross.

Steel Ball Run vol.4

Lots of stuff going on in this volume. We finally got Gyro's backstory, it's also the first time they mention the stands... Pretty awesome and intense fight against Oyecomova. I'm not sure I really understand how Johnny's stand works yet though.

Maou no Kyoushitsu

T17SROJl.jpg

An one-shot about the King of the Underworld become the new teacher for a bunch of fifth graders.

Not that bad. Since it's an one-shot done by the Yankee and Yamada mangaka the art is pretty pleasant to look at. Kinda funny to see a bunch of characters I have already been used to show up as kids now. The story is pretty amusing and it does have a nice ending at the end.

A pretty good read.

Lol that Yamada look alike. Dont know if Ill check it out since theres no kissing.

Gintamen

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome part 1-10
Gold, so much gold. Why did I have to read thousands of chapters of manga to find this one idiom depicted?

ibo5bZmdxJy04j.png

Dynedom

Kurosagi really fills the depths of my soul with glee with its premise. The formula is getting old though.

edit: And where is my 7 Seeds?

Also: Holy crap. Id hasn't had a new chapter release in months. :(

Kurita

So far for me, after just 2 volumes, Stone Ocean > Steel Ball Run. Jolyne Cujoh is a damn cool main character.
I'm only 4 volumes in Stone Ocean (just like SBR), it's great too. But since I'm a sucker for settings like SBR's one I think I like the latter more.
I love the Gyro/Johnny duo.

Akito

Fushi no Ryouken 1
In a world where all people are seemingly immortal and can resurrect with no effort at all when they die, naturally there's a contagious disease which makes people mortal again. Infected people are called vectors and get hunted down and it looks like our MC is one of them.
This manga really doesn't beat around the bush if the first chapter is any indicator at all.

Theonik

Yamamoto-san to Kaidou-kun
The story of what happens when an extremely narcissistic woman and a pushover of a guy swap bodies by accident.
What follows is pretty predictable, but the resulting dynamic is fun enough to read. Art is as you see it in the picture above so take it or leave it. (not too bad imo)

Theonik

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou 17
Quite a wide range of bases covered this chapter. Though there was an disappointing lack of Arachne on it too.
Still good chapter.

Lain

I'm only 4 volumes in Stone Ocean (just like SBR), it's great too. But since I'm a sucker for settings like SBR's one I think I like the latter more.
I love the Gyro/Johnny duo.

I loved Gyro and the setting in SBR, but Jolyne is really growing on me.

Is there any reason why it's Cujoh and not Kujo like Jotaro?

Because when I was posting, I thought her name was Jocelyne, but it seemed wrong and I didn't want to go look it in the volume, so I went to look on the internet and grabbed it off the first jojo wiki I found. Yep, big mistake, it's Kujo.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Romanisation of the japanese language has always been a clusterfuck.

Plus Araki just likes to play with it I think. Just look at at Esidesi, wamuu and kars.

Hoshin Engi Vol.01

73TzW87l.jpg

Finally working through my reread for this series.

Still has the magical charm that makes me like it so much before. I like how Taikobo is pretty different from your normal shounen protags which leads to how differently the plot moves.

The art is still nice to look at and the action is pretty great too.

IHaveIce

Banned
Naruto
Ok at this point Kishi just seems to make every fanfic possible and doesn't give a fuck anymore.(well this is for a long time by now)

One Piece

still not scanlated? Seriously? The translation is out, the raws are out, at this point I could make it ready

Loop (oneshot)
MC is reliving his murder until his regrets have disappeared, which translates here to him killing all his aggressors. Pretty entertaining by itself, but I'd love to see a full series revolving around the concept (or something similar).

Black Peach Flower (oneshot)

Run of the mill shoujo roma--

Oh, er, maybe not then. The first twist was hilarious enough, but the second one practically knocked me off my chair. Reads like this are why it's still worth checking these similar looking shoujo shorts out.

scy

Black Peach Flower (oneshot)

Run of the mill shoujo roma--

Oh, er, maybe not then. The first twist was hilarious enough, but the second one practically knocked me off my chair. Reads like this are why it's still worth checking these similar looking shoujo shorts out.

My greatest disappointment was the
kind of not so interesting yandere face

bigkrev

Pokemon Adventures 1-10

Reading this in anticipation of the new anime. I had read ch 1-6 when Viz released them as squareboard comics back in the day. I want to know who came up with the idea of having Red's first Pokemon be a Poliwhirl of all things, although Bulbasaur and Pikachu (who is a fucking prick) show up early enough.

Pokemon Adventures 1-10

Reading this in anticipation of the new anime. I had read ch 1-6 when Viz released them as squareboard comics back in the day. I want to know who came up with the idea of having Red's first Pokemon be a Poliwhirl of all things, although Bulbasaur and Pikachu (who is a fucking prick) show up early enough.

Cause Poliwhirl is fucking awesome.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Naruto
Ok at this point Kishi just seems to make every fanfic possible and doesn't give a fuck anymore.(well this is for a long time by now)

One Piece

still not scanlated? Seriously? The translation is out, the raws are out, at this point I could make it ready

The Raws aren't out. Only the chinese version of Shonen Jump has been leaked. And only a garbage group would make a scanlation of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom