• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Mahou Shoujo Site 1

big-red-nope-button.gif

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Taiyou No Ie volume 1

-Hiro is a moron.
-The other guy is a pushy douchebag.
-I'm surprised there's already a love confession. Slowjo much?
-Mao X Chii-chan is my OTP

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Seven Days 1-13

It's a BL.<snip>

It is not quite as profound, but it's still here: for the life of me I just don't understand why many Yaoi/BL mangas draw their characters in a largebody/smallhead proportion. For whatever reason? To increase their sexual attraction perhaps? Or what? Really weird.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The proportions aren't really that weird in that one.

I find Yuri weirder in how fucking huge they make the character's heads look. Though that's moeshit in general I guess.

I'm re-watching Gunbuster and Diebuster, and was curious if the manga that takes place between the two series has been released in NA? If so, what would it be called? I haven't been able to find out if it has, and even on the internet it seems rarely known.

wonzo

Banned
Golondrina 12

And so ends the second volume of Golondrina, a series that treads an incredibly fine line between both the idealised beauty, and the thuggish brutality in the ring (and world) of bullfighting. Watching Chica slowly grow as a person has been pretty engaging to read for the most part, even if the petty reasons for her actions still remain. I guess we'll now finally see her make her debut in the ring starting with the next volume.

Definitely worth checking out for anyone a fan of Est Em's other well known series, The Lady of Udon.

monmusu 17

virtually no spidergirl = shit chapter

One Piece
Once again poor PQ but not much you can do about it , along with a bad translation .
It also look like the last 2 pages out off order or they missing pages lol .
Another chapter with things coming together , also wondering about the history that goes back 900 years .
It's only a matter of time before everyone finds out who luffy is .

Soulstar

Shokugeki no Soma 1-22

Man this manga is awesome. Soma is a wonderful protagonist and all of the other characters are fun. Only problem with this manga is I get hungry reading it.

I'm stopping here for a moment because I feel like the author really manage to avoid a landmine that I was sure he was going to waltz onto.
Making Tadokoro the lead chef for this Shokugeki manages to avoid a problem I was about to have. Mainly I was afraid that it would just be Soma using his awesome cooking skills to get her out of this jam but Tadokoro will have to fight to stay which is a much better development.

One Piece
Once again poor PQ but not much you can do about it , along with a bad translation .
It also look like the last 2 pages out off order or they missing pages lol .
Another chapter with things coming together , also wondering about the history that goes back 900 years .
It's only a matter of time before everyone finds out who luffy is .

The worst scan I have ever read. People should avoid it. Pages are missing, cut in half, all garbled. Its crap.

wonzo

Banned
Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha 3
Bad art meets bad writing meets lewdness. I don't think I'll bother with any more of this unless dresden's still in it for the long haul.

Absolute Duo 3

This is also dumb and rashy, but the good kind that isn't a slog to read through. The nice art also certainly helps. This one's definitely a keeper for now.

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha 3

Bad art meets bad writing meets lewdness. I don't think I'll bother with any more of this unless dresden's still in it for the long haul.

Absolute Duo 3

This is also dumb and rashy, but the good kind that isn't a slog to read through. The nice art also certainly helps. This one's definitely a keeper for now.

Unless ive been reading these posts wrong you keep picking up & dropping bad series back to back to back. No skimming or looking the manga up before reading or something?

dumbyugi

Absolute Duo 1-3

Seems like it'll be pretty stock standard light novel stuff so far but the art is nice and the characters don't seem to be awful. I'll stick with it for now.

Cyclops Shoujo Saipu~ 46

This has always been lewd but the cousins made it even lewder.

Hataraku Maou-sama! 10-11

I don't remember, did Emi and Maou do the final attack on Lucifer together in the anime? Well they did here but it lacked the impact that the anime had. The scans calling it McDonalds instead of MgRonalds annoyed me a bit for some reason.

wonzo

Banned
Unless ive been reading these posts wrong you keep picking up & dropping bad series back to back to back. No skimming or looking the manga up before reading or something?
Nah, dresden linked a bunch of trashy harem series on irc once and tried to get some people (me) to check them out. ._.

2/4 turning out to be decent ain't bad.

Sword Art Online v3 (ln)

Minor scenes made it enjoyable but otherwise just really skimmed most parts except for Kirito moments in game (his super speed attribute and dual sword moment close to end was entertaining) and some out of game stuff. Was a bit surprised out of game that he wanted the contact info to the old man Nishida (had to look up who that even was) or that Agil was that aged and married even. Just one more volume until I get to truly new material. Ultimately I just want to hurry and reach whoever he is.

dramatis

They're not new series. It's a marathon of 9 oneshots.

If 9 new series were starting, we'd have to cull nearly half of Jump right now.

Kurita

They're not new series. It's a marathon of 9 oneshots.

If 9 new series were starting, we'd have to cull nearly half of Jump right now.
I thought there was still one new series that was supposed to start but I guess not.

Since we're talking about Pokémon, I preordered X.

Shouta

Been rereading my copies of Harlem Beat and man, such a great series. Definitely one of the best basketball mangas there is and I like it more than Slam Dunk on the whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom