• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Beelzubub

It wasn't really the revelation that is shitty, but man the way they did the revelation was super shitty.

Paako x Kanzaki scenes saves everything though.

JL6pzPd.png

Antiwhippy

Hells Kitchen 1-2

At first I was going "This looks nothing like Nobunanga no Chef".

Then I learnt that Nishimura Mitsuru is predominantly a writer. Who seems to have a weird specialty in cooking manga.

Still, seems fun so far. Dude from hell has a nice sadistic streak.

Akito

Marmalade Boy Little 1
When you need a fucking chart to explain your family situation, you know it's fucked up.

So far it looks like the standard shoujo fare with the added nostagia bonus. Just what you could have expected really.

Kurita

Hells Kitchen 1-2

At first I was going "This looks nothing like Nobunanga no Chef".

Then I learnt that Nishimura Mitsuru is predominantly a writer. Who seems to have a weird specialty in cooking manga.

Still, seems fun so far. Dude from hell has a nice sadistic streak.
Read the first volume a while ago. It's no Nobunaga no Chef but still entertaining.

R.I.P

Beelzebub

Himekawa didn't betray everyone? What a fucking surprise.
At least this arc is ending next week, feels like it's been dragging on forever.

Otokogokoro series 15 (climax)

Saki and Jun surprised it will end at some point just too many sweet moments all the time, especially Jun's reaction to the move in offer and apartment with Saki once Jun graduates college.

Soul Cartel 84
tumblr_mrxlpwGMCV1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Good magic but then the plot and hybrid point feels been there done that in lots of ways. Witches arc has been good but I want to see us move on to something else.

Hime Doll. I think this series has potential, I loved the school setting. It reminded me off what I used to dream about school being like as a kid, something you could get lost in. Soul Catcher(S) being on its death bed is depressing.

GManDH

Will someone please tell me the translation of the Toriko new Acaia main menu ingridents. if they named the soup pair the fish news and the meat another i will stop reading the series. STUPIDEST NAMES EVER.

Antiwhippy

Will someone please tell me the translation of the Toriko new Acaia main menu ingridents. if they named the soup pair the fish news and the meat another i will stop reading the series. STUPIDEST NAMES EVER.

Dude, toriko already has the stupidest names for food.

GManDH

but naming a soup pair, a fish another, and a meat dish News??? OOO COME ON. unless its suppose to be another pair news thatll be funny.

Cwarrior

Magi

Am not sure why the art wasn't up to the standards you normal get from magi

It didn't make it making it easy making out what was going on.

This arc reminds me of the disappointment that was the fma final momments except I wanted this to end like 20+ chapters ago I can't wait for this spam attacks at faceless thing arc to end.

Naruto

Reading current magi then naruto makes me appreciate naruto at least tobi is a character that's had sufficient build up.

Fist bumps everywhere as far as the I can see.

by the end naruto going to get the other half of the kyuubi and become nearly as strong as The sauce himself.

Naruto 643
tumblr_mrxqjcmqa61qbxqfpo1_400.png

Shocked Sasuke, havent seen that in a while.

So many fist bumps in this manga, though maybe more noticeable to me today since it also happened in the anime on today too. Looking forward to new combination abilities, arc has been good in that regards of just making it no more just one character doing it all but multiple ones doing things together. Teamwork and friendship is key to success in this wretched and unfair shinobi world.

Malvingt2

Billy Bat 82-101

too good.. I loved it. Naoki Usarawa is my favorite mangaka.

Now I am going to watch Master Keaton anime to get ready for Master Keaton Remaster manga.. :D

So the naruto never ending war is this what it felt like reading Bleach during the arracar war? Chapter after chapter of fights and talking that doesn't move the story at all?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So the naruto never ending war is this what it felt like reading Bleach during the arracar war? Chapter after chapter of fights and talking that doesn't move the story at all?

Sorta. Bleach was worse though since it had way worse pacing and had no promise of "endgame"

Antiwhippy

Hell's Kitchen

Caught up, there were some pretty interesting developements by the end there which looks like it will shake up the formula.

Overall it's fun. The characters can be a little cliche but they have some pretty funny moments.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
MS Naruto

Welp, looks like that "Rin and Kushina's death anniversary" thing isn't even in this translation. Obito just says Kushina and Minato. Lotta fuss about nothing.

Lirlond

Kingdom

Good to see Xin got off lightly, this zhao dude looks insane.

Is there any reason why they write Xin as Shin, yet not write Qin as Chin?

Beelzebub 217 aka What a Shocking Twist

I thought I'd just zap in and give my opinion on this. Ohm my. Watt just happened? This shocking turn of events is electrifying. I'm ex-static to see Himekawa double-cross the other guys. Especially when their opponents had such an un-farad-vantage. As for the fight with Takamiya, you conduit Oga! Hit him where it hertz!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
MS Naruto

Welp, looks like that "Rin and Kushina's death anniversary" thing isn't even in this translation. Obito just says Kushina and Minato. Lotta fuss about nothing.

It was probably an effect of telephone-style Japanese ----> Chinese ----> English translation.

Marmalade Boy Little 1

When you need a fucking chart to explain your family situation, you know it's fucked up.

So far it looks like the standard shoujo fare with the added nostagia bonus. Just what you could have expected really.

So what is this.

A prequel? A sequel (that'll be a little ew)? Another version of parent swapping and oh god I suddenly like my not blood related sibling but with kids now?

Let's Lagoon 27

If I wasn't browsing for mystery manga's, I would've forgotten about the existence of this manga entirely (again).

Plot, setting, characters, I barely remember any of it. I know I should reread from the beginning if I want to understand everything, but I really don't think I care anymore because I know I'll forget again after at least two months.

What little I do remember is that this girl

r75SZJX.jpg

Is best girl.

And if there was one thing this manga should ever do right, it's to let her win.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shokugeki no Soma

Food so good it even hits Soma. That's some real competition.
Looks like Tosh is taking scary-face tips from Toriko.

El Sloth

Banned
Suicide Island: 65

Bromance blooms on the island. What better way to bond than over murder and attempted suicide. And fishing.
Let's Lagoon 27
What little I do remember is that this girl

Is best girl.

And if there was one thing this manga should ever do right, it's to let her win.
You know this isn't going to happen. Abandon all hope now to lessen the sting of injustice.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

The reason I read manga is for phrases like "deliciously rampaging inside my mouth."
KuGsj.gif

Nikumi is...slowly getting better. Not quite at Erina/Tadokoro level.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Taiyou No Ie] volume 4

This type of manga was the last place I was expecting to see
full blown netorare
. Or maybe not.

Also, the symbolism in the final chapter is not lost on anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom