• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 gamescom trailer and info blowout (Release date: Dec. 6th)

I'd gladly take a better version of GT6 on PS4, since I have no intention of getting it on PS3.

It would tide over PS4-only owners for a few years while they work on 7.

bud

iTPcX5z.png

kaz's presentation at gamescom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV1abWVXGn4.

it's about forty minutes long.

Points from the GT6 press conference

- Spa (only rain in GT5) and Daytona will now have 24h cycles

- The course maker will be fundamentally different compared to GT5

- You'll be able to layout your track "freely" over a 100x100km area

- They're working on a livery editor that'll debut at TGS. But he notes that it won't be a full editor.

- There's a question about a specific rally stage where Kaz says that it's a stage that he likes as well, but it won't be ready day 1. I can't make out what stage he's being asked about though.

bud

- There's a question about a specific rally stage where Kaz says that it's a stage that he likes as well, but it won't be ready day 1. I can't make out what stage he's being asked about though.

when does he say that?

thanks for the write-up, btw. i gave up after fifteen minutes because the audio is really bad.

when does he say that?

The guy asking the question? I can barely make out a few words that he says due to him being so far away from the mic. Most of what I understood came from the translator mentioning that it wouldn't be ready for day 1. But it almost sounded like he was referring to a track that may be connected to one of the photo locations.

Goldrusher

when does he say that?

32:12 (question)
Do you have any plans for [unintelligible] rally stage, not the [unintelligible] ?

32:26 (answer)
I really like that course as well. I'd like to include it, but it won't be ready for day one.

Oh no! A livery editor! The nightmare of every Gran Turismo fan! Cars will be ruined now and online races can't be enjoyed anymore! Everyone jup the ship! Pre-order cancelled!

Kaz also mentions that one of the ways they designed online options was by watching Youtube clips of races that fans were organizing. He talked about how you could see that they were setting up races that were very close to real life even though the game didn't offer them the tools to do it. So now those options will be at game level to make things much easier.

Kaz also mentions that one of the ways they designed online options was by watching Youtube clips of races that fans were organizing. He talked about how you could see that they were setting up races that were very close to real life even though the game didn't offer them the tools to do it. So now those options will be at game level to make things much easier.

Wonder if he watched any of the NRL races. ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xounoWKlxU

gogogow

Oh no! A livery editor! The nightmare of every Gran Turismo fan! Cars will be ruined now and online races can't be enjoyed anymore! Everyone jup the ship! Pre-order cancelled!

I've never played a Forza game, but I read that you could turn off user created liveries, no?

Impressive!

But what's the limit on length? 50 mile monster point to point stages would be glorious. What have you heard Amar?

How big was the Matterhorn (Long) track?

Livery editor of any kind is a huge step forward and more personalized customization is a great thing.

The only livery editor I care about is one that lets you do racing liveries with custom numbers.

If this does that then I'll have a huge grin on my face preparing NRL Season 2.

amar212

Hell yeah, 24 hour cycles at Daytona and Spa!

So, Endurance Race section of the GT Mode will be fierce.

24 Hours of Spa
Rolex 24 Hours
Le Mans 24 Heures
24 Stunde der Nurburgring

100 gameplay hours for only 4 races. Nice.

And possible Bathurst 24 Hours (only 2 of those were actually held)

ethomaz

Banned
From Thom Lee at GTplanet

Hey guy's! I just played the Gamescom Demo of GT6 and i have some infos! The framerate of the demo is better then the GTA2013 Version. I really like the engine Sound of the Cizeta V16. And the Anti Aliasing works/looks better!
Great news... I was expecting that... I hope they improve even more for the launch.

Will Tourist Trophy return for GT 6?

I can't say no. [Laughter]

Is that an area you'd like to explore in a video game in the future, more of the human element?

Of course. But I don't think it will be a certain game mode or anything like that. For example, GT Academy is a device that kind of generates human drama. In GT 6, we'd like to explore more possibilities like that.

Do you have examples of how you'd like to do that?

In GT6 we're going to start online championships, and some of those will be official championships and some of those will be the championships organized by community managers. That really is a sport, and in sports there is always drama.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/08/22/gran-turismo-6s-director-talks.aspx

amar212

velociraptor

GT7 for PS4 semi-confirmed, I hope this will lay to rest all those misinterpretations about "GT6 version for PS4", etc.

Good questions in that interview, even better answers.

I fully concur with Max's sentiment about TT from above.

Also Wax, regarding "old Matterhorn", it should have been the longest track ever created in GT series.
Here is the full quote:

"I think the Playstation 4 is going to raise the quality of the applications on all levels, lift it all up. Compared to the PS3, the PS4 uses a more generic CPU that anybody can draw out the performance for. The PS3, on the other hand, has very high peaks on just some of the elements and it is hardware that is more difficult to handle. It's fun to wrestle with that and try and get it to put out that performance. Once we start work on Gran Turismo for the PS4, perhaps it will be GT7. At that point, I guess we'll start to look of the peak performance for the PS4."

Will progress online carry over to your single-player campaign in any way?

The experience system doesn't exist in GT 6, but that system where you still receive some sort of reward for online racing is probably still going to be there.

Oh man, are we going back to events locked behind license tests?

Niks

Here is the full quote:

"I think the Playstation 4 is going to raise the quality of the applications on all levels, lift it all up. Compared to the PS3, the PS4 uses a more generic CPU that anybody can draw out the performance for. The PS3, on the other hand, has very high peaks on just some of the elements and it is hardware that is more difficult to handle. It's fun to wrestle with that and try and get it to put out that performance. Once we start work on Gran Turismo for the PS4, perhaps it will be GT7. At that point, I guess we'll start to look of the peak performance for the PS4."

They haven't even started....
thats not very encouraging.
:/

ethomaz

Banned
Here is the full quote:

Great. GT7 for PS4.

Kaz said the "PS4 version of GT" instead "PS4 version of GT6"... I don't understand how the press understand wrong.

Points from the GT6 press conference

- Spa (only rain in GT5) and Daytona will now have 24h cycles

- The course maker will be fundamentally different compared to GT5

- They're working on a livery editor that'll debut at TGS. But he notes that it won't be a full editor.

Mother of God
39108-one-sunglass-mother-of-god-6dZY.gif

Port to ps4 man

GT will come to PS4 in due time. Can't rush these things, wouldn't want a game with a pretty livery editor and nothing else.

scandisk_

Unconfirmed Member
As always, the cockpit view feels dull and stiff. It's like the camera was bolted directly to the car, it's missing the subtle and harsh movements when accelerating, breaking, car shaking. etc. C'mon Kaz at least give us an OPTION to have a seizure. I want to be totally immersed. Vroom vroom!

Vision GT

I asked Yamauchi-san if anyone he'd really hoped to get a concept from had turned him down, and he smiled and replied, "We actually haven't been turned down by anyone yet!" He added: "There are actually other companies that have agreed to participate but we are not prepared to make an announcement at this time."

PS4 GT

Next, Yamauchi-san answered a question about the series' inevitable turn to the PS4. "It'll take at least a minimum of a year" for the next-gen version, and that there is "a good possibility it would be called Gran Turismo 7 by then."

Optimizing GT for the PS3

And since GT is staying on current-gen for another game, I asked him what the most important thing he's learned about the PS3 has been now that he's working with the Cell architecture for two games and many years. "Because the development scale has gotten so large, it's become increasingly difficult to optimize," he began. "We learned that it wasn't enough for the programmers and engineers to work at optimization. It had to be the artists and the designers [too]. Everyone had to learn how to optimize systems in order for it to work."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/23/gran-turismo-6-to-make-dream-cars-almost-real

Top Bottom