• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Let's Lagoon 27

If I wasn't browsing for mystery manga's, I would've forgotten about the existence of this manga entirely (again).

Plot, setting, characters, I barely remember any of it. I know I should reread from the beginning if I want to understand everything, but I really don't think I care anymore because I know I'll forget again after at least two months.

What little I do remember is that this girl

r75SZJX.jpg

Is best girl.

And if there was one thing this manga should ever do right, it's to let her win.

I totally forgot about lets lagoon too.

exarkun

Beelzebub 217 aka What a Shocking Twist

I thought I'd just zap in and give my opinion on this. Ohm my. Watt just happened? This shocking turn of events is electrifying. I'm ex-static to see Himekawa double-cross the other guys. Especially when their opponents had such an un-farad-vantage. As for the fight with Takamiya, you conduit Oga! Hit him where it hertz!

I giggled at this. Himekawa is such a badass. From the computer network game, to his house being a huge building, and now this (oh and the rich kid school stuff). Every time he is involved, the manga only gets better.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

Wait, already? That's pretty fast, but I'll take it. Though I doubt that's it since Nikumi uh, didn't do anything yet. And the other girl's suggestion was too weak for the token "we couldn't have done this without you" at the end.

Also, that Nikumi :lol When she's not busy tsunning over everything, like with the A5 meat, that's A5 Nikumi right there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It'll never be meat's turn.

It remains to be seen how oblivious Soma actually is (although Nikumi really didn't do anything yet, although perhaps an adult would recognize something is up via the fact that Nikumi drove all the way to Soma's house for no real reason), but my guess is, he's Ichigo levels of oblivious.

Really not that much more than before, let's not confuse double issues and illnesses for normal breaks.

I am not confusing them trust me , he takes more time off than before .
It stared around 2009 when start doing stuff for movies etc etc and his second daughter got born.
So when you add them to normal breaks it really adds up .

Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo 1
MC soul is going to be harvested by a death god (who is a cute girl for obvious reasons) unless he can prove to her that he isn't a "forever alone" piece of trash. In his desperation to save his life, he sends love letters to 4 girls... all of whom agree to go out with him. Now he has to successfully 4-time them for 3 months to stay alive.

This happened to me once and it was pretty annoying.

Let's Lagoon 27

If I wasn't browsing for mystery manga's, I would've forgotten about the existence of this manga entirely (again).

Plot, setting, characters, I barely remember any of it. I know I should reread from the beginning if I want to understand everything, but I really don't think I care anymore because I know I'll forget again after at least two months.

What little I do remember is that this girl

http://i.imgur.com/r75SZJX.jpg

Is best girl.

And if there was one thing this manga should ever do right, it's to let her win.
Nori's superiority transcends human memory.

Shokugeki no Soma

Wait, already? That's pretty fast, but I'll take it. Though I doubt that's it since Nikumi uh, didn't do anything yet. And the other girl's suggestion was too weak for the token "we couldn't have done this without you" at the end.

Also, that Nikumi :lol When she's not busy tsunning over everything, like with the A5 meat, that's A5 Nikumi right there.

Yea I hope its not decided next chapter since Nikumi hardly did anything LOL

Should be interesting though

One Piece 718
tumblr_mry8p90SM21qbxqfpo1_500.png

Toys, talking animals, and smiles, why did this turn into such a kiddy manga all of a sudden. Felt like an utter waste of time. Fortunately the last bit at least gives me hope that enduring those painful pages will be worth it, if only more time could be spent on Law and "his bff" Luffy as they try to get out of this grande trap and scheme.

Tacitus_

Aunt Tits translation?
Not a dream?

Haah. Why did I finish so quickly!?
Hanada-san…!
She thanked me!
Hanada-san!!
Th- That was so cuuuute!!!
Ah, it smells of her…
sweet…
I wonder if my feelings came across and it wasn’t just all physical….
Will she meet me again?

Shokugeki no Soma 36
tumblr_mry9usV4xI1qbxqfpo1_500.png

That one soma panel was one of jumps best panels all year probably, if we could get more. Ending panel felt like he lost a few years and got younger all of a sudden. Fun chapter.

Sword Art Online v4 (LN) Fairy Dance (end)

Jötunheimr was the best part to ALfheim Online why did it have to not be animated or anything. The attacks, the way to get into the place, the story, and then the great sword Excalibur. It needs to be revisited as its probably the dream place or goal that any vrmmorpg player would want to take.

Akihiko needs to show up more and I would like for v5 to have school antics and what not.

Hell's Kitchen 23
Just learned the author of this manga is the same as Nobunaga no Chef (different artist though) wonder if he has any more food manga. Not a lot of cooking aside from the "breast milk" ramen side story. Kind of a "shonen hato" chapter.

Kurita

Hell's Kitchen 23
Just learned the author of this manga is the same as Nobunaga no Chef (different artist though) wonder if he has any more food manga. Not a lot of cooking aside from the "breast milk" ramen side story. Kind of a "shonen hato" chapter.
Yeah he seems to be doing a lot of cooking mangas. Haven't checked them though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
One Piece (proper translation)

Sweet looks like by the end of this arc we will get a bit of light shed on that void century. Haters be damned I'm enjoying everything that's going on right now.

Beelzebub

I for one did not see this twist coming...yeah right. Poorly executed, everyone knew it was coming but man it was just done so terribly.

Shokugeki No Soma

Definitely one of my fave series in Jump right now. Wonder what the plan will be.

Amikami

Banned
naruto.jpg

Naruto volume 66.

Tiny pic I know. Has this been posted? Anyway, I like it. A throw-back to part 1 naruto volumes, not surprising since the entire volume was pretty much focused on making people reminiscent.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki No Soma

Definitely one of my fave series in Jump right now. Wonder what the plan will be.

The point of this arc is clearly to make Nikumi have even bigger hots for Soma, so I assume he's going to succeed masterfully.

Still doubt the author has the balls to let anyone other than Erina win in this kind of comic.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom

Good to see Xin got off lightly, this zhao dude looks insane.

Is there any reason why they write Xin as Shin, yet not write Qin as Chin?
They use the Japanese name for characters and the Chinese names for states. There's a google doc spreadsheet with the chinese equivalents on the groups site.

Hime doll!! 1

Odd manga series, it would be a good one if it was about him and his struggles to meet the challenge of becoming a beautician at this school. The idol aspect of it feels tacked on and the weakest moments of the series (also feels so fast paced).

Akito

So what is this.

A prequel? A sequel (that'll be a little ew)? Another version of parent swapping and oh god I suddenly like my not blood related sibling but with kids now?
A sequel about the 2 siblings which came out from the partner swapping thingy in the original series. Needless to say they have the hots for each other.

One Piece
Things are getting heated and Law is still screwed.

Ketchup Ninja
Chris is Captain America oh lawl.

Azure J

One Piece 709 - 718

Taking staggered breaks then coming back to the material written really helps with reading One Piece post New World it seems. Loving the intrigue behind the toys (really fucked up concept they've got going on with this), getting another hint at something that happened in the era that set the current day precedents (the 900 year old history between the dwarfs and the DoFlamingo family) and even the stuff in the Colosseum haven't disappointed. Hell, I'm getting vague hints of the last half of Skypiea from this with all the single plot strings and the end goal essentially being the same spot -- the factory/Colosseum.

Excited to see where this all goes in three weeks time. :p

Prison School 74

Dat Hana.

Shokugeki no Soma

One day Meat will win indeed.

Magi 180 - 193

Caught up on this too.

That escalated quickly. I'm also kinda laughing at people who said that the initial parts of this war were the manga's endgame. After that Gyouken reveal, there's no way we aren't in for more after they deal with the looming issue of the Medium and "Father" from the dark world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom