• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfsmund 06

Finally. Ever since the group scanning all the indie/josei stuff disappeared, no one picked this up. Finally someone picked this up. And ... nope. I can't agree with this new development.

wonzo

Banned
Two and Two 1-5.5 END
twoandtwo3.png
Ayumi and Sayako are roommates. Ayumi is dating Asami. Sayako is dating Keiko. What happens when Ayumi and Sayako both find out the other is dating another woman?
This was a funny little yuri story that didn't bog itself down in poorly written angst & melodrama. Good stuff.

Yuujou Kakin Karman Gain 02

Action's pretty cool and the whole use your friends and family as your avatars is interesting. This game sounds intriguing enough to just following on its own.

Not so much fun is having the MC going through his whole despairing over everything's that going on. Yes, I guess that's normal but not fun to read.

TWGOK 240

It's a good time being a Ayumi fan this week with appearances in both the anime and this chapter.

Anyway, back to the present we go to find out Shiori & Tsukiyo slowly becoming BFF'S.

Also, a Vintage member sighting for a bit before being run over by Ayumi.

8.1 - Yamada Yuusuke Gekijou 3

Oh shit, someone started translating this again! Chapter 3 didn't seem to have much to do with the first 2, though, so not sure where they're going with this. Would hate if it was just a bunch of self-contained stories about evil people/curses/whatever getting away with murder and shit.

Still, the first 2 chapters were awesome. Really neat game of death stuff.

Averon

Ippo 1024

What a satisfying chapter. Itagaki needed some humility badly. And looking at the RAWs he got it in spades. I wonder if his
loss to Imai
will finally drive him away from the gym so he can fight Ippo proper. It has certainly been hinted at that Itagaki wants to fight Ippo, and this
loss
is a perfect opportunity to start that plot thread.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ippo 1024

What a satisfying chapter. Itagaki needed some humility badly. And looking at the RAWs he got it in spades. I wonder if his
loss to Imai
will finally drive him away from the gym so he can fight Ippo proper. It has certainly been hinted at that Itagaki wants to fight Ippo, and this
loss
is a perfect opportunity to start that plot thread.

And then he gets crushed even harder

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, Volg's one of those characters that are almost completely excluded from fan criticism along with Sendo and Takamura.

Lets be real, Takamura's the kind of character that could do literally anything and we wouldn't even bat an eye. He's just that crazy awesome.

Some spoiler images for Ken Akamatsu's new manga UQ Holder have popped up. That blonde woman in the initial art piece
is Evangeline from Negima. It looks like she's a teacher now, too. The main character Touta already looks like he's starting with a little bit of badass in him rather than having to build it up as Negi did. Guess that's the benefit of starting as a battle manga like he wanted to in the first place.

Some spoiler images for Ken Akamatsu's new manga UQ Holder have popped up. That blonde woman in the initial art piece
is Evangeline from Negima. It looks like she's a teacher now, too. The main character Touta already looks like he's starting with a little bit of badass in him rather than having to build it up as Negi did. Guess that's the benefit of starting as a battle manga like he wanted to in the first place.
UQ Holder (raw)

ch01-02colorsnsge.jpg

happy happy joy joy.
Indisputable best character from Negima.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Same universe? This could be pretty interesting, especially if they just let him do his thing and don't push a harem onto the story again.

Houkago&#9734;Idol

u2HcE92l.jpg

That wasn't a bad one-shot. Plenty about never giving up on your dreams and whatever.

Art's nice and I rather liked the whole dance fight.

Akito

Ketchup Ninja
One chapter a full on action manga, in the next it's a love comedy, this series is quite unpredictable.

Azumi 5
Hey, this dude is cool but from the look of it, he'll get slain by Azumi soon enough.

Gintamen

Shishunki no Iron Maiden - 1-3
First she plays with his feelings for her after breaking up all contact as kids, than stabs into his heart by talking about loving someone else, than let's him grope her to keep him quiet. Is she really that blind to her own actions?

Akito

Shishunki no Iron Maiden - 1-3
First she plays with his feelings for her after breaking up all contact as kids, than stabs into his heart by talking about loving someone else, than let's him grope her to keep him quiet. Is she really that blind to her own actions?
Oh boy, can't wait to see you catching up to the latest chapter.

CoolS

Hajime no Ippo

Really liking these last chapters.

Does anyone know if the series is about to end soon? It just feels like Ippo might actually loose his fight this time.

Pickups-a-plenty. Not pictured: Book Girl and the Scribe Who Faced God (Part 1), which is still in transit.

On reflection, I'm amazed I haven't bought Higurashi's Atonement arc before now. The
Keiichi vs Rena
rooftop climax is one of my favourite scenes from any manga.

Savanna Game - The Manga - 1
tumblr_ms1nn9IlWp1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Didnt know it was actually based on a novel, perhaps if the anime ever comes to pass one gets inspired to tackle that work. On this I wonder why I keep reading all these survival stories that always utilize the phone. Most feel the exact same though at least this differentiates itself from the mix by having a lead character that actually has friends and doesnt seem to feel that depressed and down on his luck at the start (or at least isnt envious of a buddy who is constantly on him and what not). Hitoshi is easily my favorite from the start but his hand is worrying there on the cover (why's it a claw?) Will keep following.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom