• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malvingt2

It wasn't awesome. It was just as shit as the last few chapters. But a character who has been gone for like a year suddenly appeared. :p

it was a good chapter in the other forum which I go to I called this but Ohtaka shocked me with the amount of big player. To be honest I didn't think she will use Sinbad in this situation. Yunan and Mor were my pick with a solution for the situation..

I do buy the Yunan did notices the situation and gathered Sinbad & co.. is not out of character and his relationship with Sinbad add more weight to it.

Conan-san

Read only if you really want to

The animals became more bad ass after the time skip.

there is more than a time skip!

its his mom

The last 8 chapters or so have the MC not doing anything lol the animals and

umm big spoiler here

The other human guy

are fighting the other human guy instead of him ,

Kind of like goku on namek

And a new bad guy appears

it became DBZ. :/

Also

possible harem
Ah right. Yeah, I was wondering when the penny was going to drop on
Momoko
because animals lifespans an' anything.

Yado

Birdmen 3

I like where this is going. I'm still not sure if the female character was involved in the accident as well...

Dresden

coppelion -

-what's it about?

Radiation-immune spec-ops girls kicking mutated animals in the face in Chernobyl. I mean, Tokyo.

-is it any good?

Preachy, and far too simple and earnest to handle a subject like this with any sort of finesse. But I like schoolgirls shooting dudes in the face in Pripyat. I mean, Tokyo.

-how's the art?

It's okay at best. Rough character art is compensated for with a messy, stroke-heavy portrayal of the city. I'm fond of the designs for the anti-radiation gear, which invokes memories of Nausicaa, among others. One of the characters looks like a Urasawa tracing.

-the greatest mystery:

Why do they wear skirts?

42q8Vf8.png

IHaveIce

Banned
The author is just taking the money and running. You think she gives a crap about storytelling anymore? If the last 30 chapters are any indication, the answer is NOPE!

Yeah I agree, tbh I'm probably one of the few agreeing with your thoughts that this will end sooner than thought, but will it really? I mean you just said it, the author is just taking the money, why not stretch it out and milk it to death like Naruto.

But yeah the narrative took a nosedive

wonzo

Banned
This was licensed in the US, wasn't it? I think I'll hunt a copy down.

The legend of Robert Johnson, a real man whose life exploits have been obscured by their short & mysterious nature, is so fascinating that I'm surprised it isn't more often retold.
I think DelRey published it before they shut down.

And yeah, they completely nailed the Faustian legend that is Robert Johnson in this.

Dynedom

coppelion -

-what's it about?

Radiation-immune spec-ops girls kicking mutated animals in the face in Chernobyl. I mean, Tokyo.

-is it any good?

Preachy, and far too simple and earnest to handle a subject like this with any sort of finesse. But I like schoolgirls shooting dudes in the face in Pripyat. I mean, Tokyo.

-how's the art?

It's okay at best. Rough character art is compensated for with a messy, stroke-heavy portrayal of the city. I'm fond of the designs for the anti-radiation gear, which invokes memories of Nausicaa, among others. One of the characters looks like a Urasawa tracing.

-the greatest mystery:

Why do they wear skirts?

42q8Vf8.png

I started reading this in preparation for the anime and stopped. It didn't really hold me too much which is funny because the PV for the anime totally sells it as an all-out action series. Maybe I should stick with it a little longer...

Dresden

I started reading this in preparation for the anime and stopped. It didn't really hold me too much which is funny because the PV for the anime totally sells it as an all-out action series. Maybe I should stick with it a little longer...

That's the direction I hope they take the anime in, anyways. Right now it's all just clashing tones.

Tacitus_

I just read the reactions to Aunt's Tits and Magi. You're all very excitable this week. That was really fun to read.

I don't read Magi; can someone explain why this chapter was so awesome?

Aunt Tits is like the most exciting manga currently out there. Nail biting suspense every week - "how will he fuck up now?".

coppelion -

-what's it about?

-is it any good?

-how's the art?

-the greatest mystery:

Why do they wear skirts?

42q8Vf8.png

this got more chapters? might try to catch up then

Gosan no Heart 3
tumblr_ms3y9oXJC71qbxqfpo1_500.png

Older brothers always tease the best, though this trial he put them through was a bit on the intense side, at least he did get to see a new side to him. I wonder if he will remain in the plot or just vanish for bit. Looking forward to more with Udou and Miki.

Titanfall hype has gotten the best of me and I'm looking for a mecha manga that's kinda similar but nothing really fits that mold :/

#tier2problems

Akito

I'm confused. The Wiki description makes it sound it rather serious (Drama, Seinen etc.) but the first chapter is silliness from beginning to end.
The first series is quite silly for the most part and only gets really serious by the end (the comedy is one of the best though). The sequel (Sigma) is where shit starts to go down.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The comedy parts are what makes full metal panic great. Which is why fumoffu is the best thing FMP related.

Though I do enjoy sigma.

Card Boy

Banned
I finished every bit of Jojos Bizarre Adventure up to the latest chapter. Just wondering if there is anything else similar to Jojos besides the Persona series? (like Stands and stuff).

I got Fist of the North Star and Fist of the Blue Sky, is it worth getting into?

imalreadydead

JOKE:&#1071;R'S 3
tumblr_ms43e1vrGz1qbxqfpo1_250.png

With Chiwa, Juuy, and Nanairo make a good team to investigate the fallen ravens issue. The orphanage looks like it may answer a few questions and give a better glance into Chiwa's pass but the slow speed at which chapters come out will make it nearly unbearable to wait for it. Chiwa's comments over food (noodles stiff, etc) were hilarious as was his continuous bickering with Nanairo. Never gets old. Good wake up scene for all involved too.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 196-200

Huh, the quick promotion of Shin to a 1000 man general felt kinda cheap, even with the heavy conditions put on said promotion. Maybe he will fail and have to start all over again.

Sweet Life 1
153644_original.jpg

Yuushi the student and Shuuichirou the writer seem to be having relationship difficulties in their situation but I think they can work it out for the better. Setup is similar though roles are reversed in which Yuushi would typically be the character running from love and Shuuichirou would be all over, but hes too absorbed in his work. Nice start.

Acid08

Banned
So First of the North Star is actually good?

Also is there any good Gundam manga? I was looking at a list of them but most just seemed to be adaptations.

One Piece vol 27

Alright, i'm ready for this Skypiea stuff to end now. It's kinda boring!

LOL Oh man you are in for the long haul with the Skypia arc. Its frankly very boring until Luffy vs end boss.

Enjoy the reading. ;b

Bleach is still 2-3 weeks away from coming back. I'm suffering from withdrawal. :(

BTW has anyone noticed that Luffy is the only MC this deep into the manga storyline without both his parents being revealed.

Ichigo and Naruto's parents we know all about by now but Luffy's are a complete mystery.

Dragon only has 2 appearances and some mentions throughout the 700+ chapters.

Acid08

Banned
One Piece vol 27

Alright, i'm ready for this Skypiea stuff to end now. It's kinda boring!
I recently finished it too. While I thought it was better than the arc in the anime it was still pretty boring. Some good moments though, mostly toward the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom